“Clean and Quiet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in McAlester
Houston
“Clean and Quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed two nights in January. The hotel is fairly new with clean quiet rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't see any bugs that were reported in other reviews.

The only problem was the internet connection for the entire hotel went down one evening. But I don't think it was their fault.

Room Tip: The hotel is back away from the highway, so all the rooms are probably quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Me and my fiance stayed at this location on christmas eve/christmas day. I have to say the suite we got was amazing!! It was extremely clean and very spacious. My fiance works at another location and was impressed as well. The only complaint we have is the service we got. Upon check-in the clerk who was working the desk in the evening didn't check my id or even ask me for my method of payment which could of been bad on their end. The night audit clerk though was very nice as I forgot my key card and he asked me for my id to get a key to my room. The only thing we didn't get was the warm welcoming or depature feeling you usually get from this chain from the staff. Other than that we had an awesome stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stay in a LOT of Hamptons, Hiltons, Hilton Gardens and the various Marriott franchises. It's interesting to see what the local management does that brings that property up above the norm. When I see it, I like to write about it. See my other reviews and give me "helpful vote" if you think the note deserves it.

This property is fresh and the attitude of the staff is what makes it stand out from the average Hampton. That says alot since the average staff person at a Hampton is very good. The folks in McAlester gave me a great room and served a nice egg and peppers burrito for breakfast. The coffee was always full, the lobby and room were both either new or newly remodeled and the staff was (did I already say this?) just plain friendly. Close to several places to eat and very easy to find when you are driving down Hwy 69.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I loved my stay, I stayed a whole week(Mon-Fri) Rooms were VERY clean. The front desk morning woman was very polite and friendly! I enjoyed my stay. The staff is so friendly and the Gm Sylvia is very concerned with the guest well-being, the only thing I didnt like was the pregnant front desk host. She was very rude and didnt act like she had time to be bothered. I stayed at multiply hotels in the area and hampton was by far the best! Will stay again if ever in town!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Talala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Overall another great stay at a Hampton. Never heard another door while in my room. Clean and comfortable room. Close to shopping and food. I will stay there again the next time I am in town for business. I did not have time to eat but my family did enjoy the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hope Mills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Spent a week in this hotel while attending a class at the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant.
Suites were very nice, no complaints.
Breakfast wasn't that great but then again, not a big deal. Served it's purpose.
Located near dining options.
I know it sounds odd to say after rating the hotel high but there were a lot of bugs around. Being from OK I know that at this time of year the crickets are everywhere but the hotel could have done more to eliminate them.
Recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here twice recently and were stuck without a car waiting for a ride that was late. They cheerfully gave us a late check out . As we waited, we were given bottles of water and directed to a nice little patio. All the staff is very pleasant. They brought out cookies early so we could have a snack while we waited.

The only complaint is the breakfast which is not too good. The eggs taste odd, but if you stick to cereal, you are all right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites McAlester? Share your experiences!