“Stay here several times per year” 5 of 5 stars

2X Points Package
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in McAlester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston
“Stay here several times per year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Great hotel for the area. Always clean, convenient location, great breakfast choices and friendly staff. With the amount of field workers staying here, this hotel still keeps the commotion quiet and hospitable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

After a long day on the road I just wanted a quality night sleep. Surprised to find no hotels with good reviews I decided as usual to pick a Hampton or Marriott. Tonight Hampton was the spot and boy am I glad. It was spotless,people were friendly and comfortable bed. They definitely have a great review from me

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this property for an overnight business trip. The hotel is in a good location, near to restaurants and stores, although there's not much to do/see in this small town. As for the hotel itself, the staff was very friendly, and changed our room when we arrived so we could have a king bed instead of two doubles. Although there were many construction workers staying at the hotel, it was very clean and quiet. The bathrooms were impeccably clean, which is the first thing I look for. Linens were fresh, clean and of good quality. We didn't have time for breakfast, but it was the usual Hampton fare. Good coffee on the go as well. If I have to return for business, I will stay again.

Room Tip: Upper floor on either side of the building.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

There really is not much to do in the middle of nowhere! This is definitely the very best hotel there and I thank goodness for TripAdvisor! I booked the best accommodation (A King Studio Suite) and was content for the evening I was there.

They have a pretty hearty breakfast that consist of juices, oatmea, cereals, milk, bagels, assorted danish, omlettes (not so great), hot chocolate, coffee, tea, fresh fruit and peanut butter, cream cheese, strawberry cream cheese, etc. Nothing too healthy unless you stick with the fruit choices and yogurt!

It has a small entry, fake tree, sitting area, nice king bed and bathroom. The bathroom's sink though is exposed to the rest of the room. The room is well appointed and in the corners (for the most part) which create a sense of privacy! I will post some pictures of my room (excuse the bed for being undone) that I took right before I checked out as I noticed there are no photos on TripAdvisor.

I would recommend this hotel highly until they build a hotel of higher standards, which I doubt. This is better than the Candlewood Suites from what I understand.

Room Tip: Take the enterance right when you see the hotel or you will have to pass it and turn around!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with your stay and were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. Your pictures look great!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We use 2 stay at american but when new manger started acting like he better than everyone of his guest n jacking with people rates that had stayed with them every week we went 2 hamton inn such nicer hotel n great service

• Stayed August 2011
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for your feedback and staying with us every week! I hope you find the service at our hotel top notch. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have previously stayed at this Hampton but there have been changes and they are all for the good. Not that it was bad in the past but the property looks new inside and out. When I arrived about 10:00 the front desk girl was very helpful in getting me checked in and into a great room. They had 2 types of lemonade and cookies in the breakfast area for guests which was nice after my drive in.
The exercise room is good sized and has plenty of cardio machines as well a bench and free weights but what really surprised me was the dry sauna that was a very nice touch and something I have never seen at a Hampton before. The breakfast looked to have anything you would ever see at a Hampton or the next level of Hilton properties. The Hampton Inn in McAlester is definitley on of the best Hampton Inns I have ever stayed in and the place to stay if you are anywhere in the area.
The

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you were satisfied with your stay with us. I am glad you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities while staying with us! Please let us know when you are ever back in the McAlester area, we would love to be your host hotel.
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

There was a sign on the side of the building stating Now Open. We stayed in a disabled room and there were rust rivers running from the grab bars in the bathroom. Also the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling. It makes me think it is not as new as you would think or the maintenance needs to be better.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
AdrienneKT, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
I wanted to thank you for making us aware of the problems you experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. I can assure you that everything is being done to insure that this doesn't happen to any other guest in the future. I take your comments very seriously.

Please contact me at (918)302-3882 so that we me discuss how I may remedy this situation.

Respectfully,

Sylvia Tobler

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites McAlester? Share your experiences!