“Absolutely the best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in McAlester
Irving, Texas
“Absolutely the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This Candlewood was the best I have ever been in. Without a doubt this hotel was right up there with the best. 4 stars is not adequat. In many cases this hotel would have been a 5 star.
I just cant put into words how great this Candlewood is. This should be a role model for Candlewood suites

Thanks

Kerry and Marsha Beshears

Room Tip: Rooms near the exit doors on the side of the building makes loading and unloading a piece of cake.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Amanda E, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review! We appreciate your business as a guest here at the hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed there during holiday travels with a disabled relative. Absolutely beautiful room and we had a kitchen and an accessible bathroom. First floor. My disabled roommate had several issues (not related to the hotel) and the manager on duty went above and beyond to help and accommodate their needs. Bed was very comfortable, room was white glove clean. Room included a very comfy leather recliner. Kitchen is completely stocked with dishes, cups, pots and pans, toaster, coffee maker, microwave. Bathroom was huge with a large roll-in shower. Towels were very nice - soft but very absorbent. Extra pillows available, movies are available at the front desk, free laundry facilities, gym. There was also an "honors" store near the front desk for snacking needs. Very reasonable price. I would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: First floor near the lobby and parking was very quiet. Never heard any street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review on our hotel Candlewood Suites of McAlester! We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon!
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I travel very often for work and my work in Oklahoma has brought me to the McAlester area for extended periods of time. I was staying at another IHG hotel in the area with COMPLETE SATIFICATION, but was needing just a little more area to spreadout. This Candlewood Suites has the space I need. I have stayed in other Candlewood Suites, but most of them only offered the Studio Suties. This one has the bedroom suites availble which are amazing. Something about being able to close a door to where you are sleeping to separate from the living area makes you feel like you are in an apartment or at home. Having pretty much a full kitchen (Including a dishwasher) as opposed to just a microwave and mini frig allows me to cook some nights over eating out every night. On top of all of that, it is actually cheaper per night to stay here for my extended periods of time over the other IHG hotel where I do have a coporate rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amanda E, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your review, the Candlewood Staff here works hard and we appreciate your kindness! We look forward to seeing you here again and until then Happy New Year!
Mcalester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

i normally stay in Mcalester for 10 days every 2 weeks and Candlewood Suites is my hotel of choice. The staff are friendly and prefessional, the rooms tasefully decorated and very clean. I would recommend this hotel to any traveling in the area as it is also centrally located and just behind one of the best restauraunts in McAlester!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amanda E, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind response! We are glad you stayed with us as well as enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you soon but until then have a Happy New Year!!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Never had any problems here, and I choose it over other hotels in the area due to the kitchen in each room. There isn't an oven included, but most dishes can be made in the microwave or on the stovetop. It's usually cheaper than some of the other local hotels as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amanda E, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank You So mcuh for your review and being a valued guest of Candlewood Suites of McAlester,OK! We will see you next time, until then Happy Holidays!
Helena, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stay at hotels on a regular basis for work. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and fit my needs for an extended stay. The hotel is centrally located and convenient to everything. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amanda E, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank You so much for your response and were glad your stay was enjoyable! We hope to see you again soon, Happy Holidays from the Staff here at Candlewood Suites of McAlester!
Conway, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stay at hotels on a regular basis for work. This candlewood suites is the first time I've had a problem with theft of property!!! The rooms are ok and was not an issue and a couple members of the staff were very helpful. I had a pair of my girlfriends expensive boots and Paul Mitchell shampoo come up missing. I complained at the front desk. They said they would check. I returned a little while later and the housekeeper was rude and assured me the items in question were never in the room in the first place. I proceeded to place a complaint with the general manager , Mellisa (--) (who lives at the hotel during the week) Upon complaining she was hostile and said in response to me "We are not begging for your business, you can take it somewhere else if you like" then in a defensive manner "we have no theft problems". Her attitude was very rude. Actually upon talking to a couple staff members I found out they have had other theft issues in the past!!! This is supposed to be a hospitality industry and did not get that feeling or impression from the general manager or housekeeper. Needless to say my items have not been returned. I work for a company who frequently does business in mcalester as well as other IHG/intercontinental hotels chain around the country. I would definately not recommend this specific hotel to anyone who values their personnel property. Absolute worst experience from a hotel to date.

• Stayed October 2012
Amanda E, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could stop by my office while you are here on your stay with us this next week. I apologize tremendously for this inconvieance and would like to discuss in more detail on when and how the items were missing. I have receieved different stories on the matter from various parties and would be much help to contact you directly along with your girlfriend at the same time. We can review cameras if you would like and welcome to look through our Lost and Found. Please contact me at my office 918-426-4171 Ext. 506 or come by when you check in this next week. Again I am very sorry and hope we can get to the bottom of this for you. I take my job very serious and I dont like hearing about this and I can reassure you we will help you in any way we can!

Amanda Engleman