“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in McAlester
Mcalester
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

i normally stay in Mcalester for 10 days every 2 weeks and Candlewood Suites is my hotel of choice. The staff are friendly and prefessional, the rooms tasefully decorated and very clean. I would recommend this hotel to any traveling in the area as it is also centrally located and just behind one of the best restauraunts in McAlester!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amanda E, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind response! We are glad you stayed with us as well as enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you soon but until then have a Happy New Year!!

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Never had any problems here, and I choose it over other hotels in the area due to the kitchen in each room. There isn't an oven included, but most dishes can be made in the microwave or on the stovetop. It's usually cheaper than some of the other local hotels as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amanda E, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank You So mcuh for your review and being a valued guest of Candlewood Suites of McAlester,OK! We will see you next time, until then Happy Holidays!
Helena, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stay at hotels on a regular basis for work. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and fit my needs for an extended stay. The hotel is centrally located and convenient to everything. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amanda E, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank You so much for your response and were glad your stay was enjoyable! We hope to see you again soon, Happy Holidays from the Staff here at Candlewood Suites of McAlester!
Conway, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stay at hotels on a regular basis for work. This candlewood suites is the first time I've had a problem with theft of property!!! The rooms are ok and was not an issue and a couple members of the staff were very helpful. I had a pair of my girlfriends expensive boots and Paul Mitchell shampoo come up missing. I complained at the front desk. They said they would check. I returned a little while later and the housekeeper was rude and assured me the items in question were never in the room in the first place. I proceeded to place a complaint with the general manager , Mellisa (--) (who lives at the hotel during the week) Upon complaining she was hostile and said in response to me "We are not begging for your business, you can take it somewhere else if you like" then in a defensive manner "we have no theft problems". Her attitude was very rude. Actually upon talking to a couple staff members I found out they have had other theft issues in the past!!! This is supposed to be a hospitality industry and did not get that feeling or impression from the general manager or housekeeper. Needless to say my items have not been returned. I work for a company who frequently does business in mcalester as well as other IHG/intercontinental hotels chain around the country. I would definately not recommend this specific hotel to anyone who values their personnel property. Absolute worst experience from a hotel to date.

• Stayed October 2012
Amanda E, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could stop by my office while you are here on your stay with us this next week. I apologize tremendously for this inconvieance and would like to discuss in more detail on when and how the items were missing. I have receieved different stories on the matter from various parties and would be much help to contact you directly along with your girlfriend at the same time. We can review cameras if you would like and welcome to look through our Lost and Found. Please contact me at my office 918-426-4171 Ext. 506 or come by when you check in this next week. Again I am very sorry and hope we can get to the bottom of this for you. I take my job very serious and I dont like hearing about this and I can reassure you we will help you in any way we can!

Amanda Engleman
Sales Director
Davenport, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I normally do not review hotels and am an extremely laid back and tolerant person, but this hotel crossed the line. The first room I was put in had fleas that were jumping all over the place---including on me, which is how I was made aware of their presence. When I notified the front desk personnel, I was moved into an adjacent room. This room was littered with both dead and alive fruit flies. I decided I was going to check-out and when I spoke with the front desk personnel again and told him about the fruit flies, I was told he would check me out and talk with the manager in the morning to refund the hotel charges for the night. I was satisfied with his response and went across the street and stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites for a cheaper rate and much cleaner room.

When I returned home I checked my credit card activity and realized the charge for the one night at the Candlewood Suites was still on my card (I was told it would be refunded). I contacted the hotel several times and left several messages for the hotel manager and never got any response back. I tried to fight the hotel charge with my credit card company by explaining the inhospitable bug situation at the Candlewood Suites in addition to the fact that I had two separate hotel charges for that one night. I received a letter recently from my credit card saying that they were unable to remove the hotel charges due to evidence and correspondance received from the Candlewood Suites management. Apparently this Candlewood Suites can respond to credit card companies and not dissatisfied customers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Dissed1der-er,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

best place to stay in mcalester oklahoma . the hotel is in a great location, surrounded by walmart and alot of restaurants. rooms have small full kitchen (full size fridge) and nice furniture. flat panel tvs as well

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Holly Pond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have been staying at the Candlewood Suites for several weeks in a row now as I travel to McAlester on business. The staff is ALWAYS friendly and very helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious. The hotel recently had the carpets cleaned in the rooms and now it is even more refreshing to walk into the rooms. Even the parking lot and grounds are well kept and well lit. I plan to continue staying at the Candlewood in the upcoming months during my trips and I recommend it to my colleagues traveling to the areas as well.

Room Tip: I prefer the upper level rooms just due to noise made by guests in floors above.