“Impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in McAlester
Victoria, Texas
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

On our way to Kansas, we stopped here for the night. The employee at check in was very courteous and informative. The property is exceptionally clean and the rooms are the same. Parking right outside your room made it easy to load and unload. The breakfast was also great.
Quite a few restaurants are near by, but I highly recommend the 'Happy Days Diner' down the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for the nice review! I am glad you received great service and that you found a delicious place to eat! I have to say I am a fan of the diner also! I look forward to seeing you and your family on future visits to the area!

Duncan, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. We were expecting somewhere where we could just crash for the night, but we would have stayed a week. The desk was very helpful and they called to check on us. The room was immaculate and even our germaphobe friend was impressed. The beds were very comfy and it was a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I always like it when someone is happy about their one-night stay, I am exstatic that you would have stayed an entire week! I am so happy you stayed with us and can't wait to have you back!
Denison, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We are from Texas and we wanted someplace halfway into the trip.I reserved this on the way to Arkansas and it was very nice. Loved the shower! Got a very good nights sleep! Got to park right in front of our hotel room so that was very convenient. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
A good night's sleep is so important, especially when you are on the road! Thank you so much for stopping and staying with us! Hope to see you again soon!
Denton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Traveling to Poteau, Ok and spent the night in McAlester, OK. Called and made reservations before I left, ask for Handicapped Room - have RA and need hand held shower head. Was a little surprised that this was a MOTEL, vs a Hotel - rooms open to the outside. The rooms are very nice and updated. It was a little noisy as the Hwy is right there. With the TV on, the noise went away. The staff was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review! I too agree that it is a wonderful surprise for a motel, as far as the modern decoration etc. I am so glad to work for a business that keeps up their property, and most importantly provides great customer service! Hope to see you again soon!

Lacie
Palestine, Texas, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Used hotel on a stop from Tx. to Ka. and it was nice because it was super clean.
I did not like the traffic noise due to very busy parking lot, a cluster of businesses.
The room fan was overpowering, but needed it on to drown out the noise. Staff
was very friendly though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brenda,

I want to thank you for the review. I am so glad that my top two priorities were met, and by that I mean great service and cleanliness! I apologize that the noise was annoying, I think we all get used to it, kind of like living near a railroad, however I am sorry for any inconvenience. I would love to have you back on your next trip through McAlester!

Lacie
The West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I travel 9 to 10 months out of each year so I have lots of hotel experience. The Best Western Inn of McAlester has the nicest staff of any place I stay. I usually stay 4 to 6 weeks in the same place when I travel and the Best Western in McAlester is my favorite. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. They recommend good restaurants and local things to do. Really good coffee and a hot breakfast. Nice big clean rooms with microwave and refrigerator (not old broken down appliances like some places I have stayed). Big flat screen high definition tv in the roof as well.
Nice work desk and a nice long 5 or 6 foot clothes hanger that will hold all of my wife's and my clothes. Long shelf above also for items to store. Like I said I stay 4 to 6 weeks so we bring a lot of stuff. This is my second extended stay here and I will always come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review us, and I am so happy your extended stay was excellent. When you travel frequently you become so aware of things to look for, and I am so glad we accomodated your needs. I also tend to bring a lot of clothes so a spacious closet is a must for me!! Thanks again!!