“Traveling” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in McAlester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Denton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Traveling to Poteau, Ok and spent the night in McAlester, OK. Called and made reservations before I left, ask for Handicapped Room - have RA and need hand held shower head. Was a little surprised that this was a MOTEL, vs a Hotel - rooms open to the outside. The rooms are very nice and updated. It was a little noisy as the Hwy is right there. With the TV on, the noise went away. The staff was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review! I too agree that it is a wonderful surprise for a motel, as far as the modern decoration etc. I am so glad to work for a business that keeps up their property, and most importantly provides great customer service! Hope to see you again soon!

Lacie
Palestine, Texas, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Used hotel on a stop from Tx. to Ka. and it was nice because it was super clean.
I did not like the traffic noise due to very busy parking lot, a cluster of businesses.
The room fan was overpowering, but needed it on to drown out the noise. Staff
was very friendly though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brenda,

I want to thank you for the review. I am so glad that my top two priorities were met, and by that I mean great service and cleanliness! I apologize that the noise was annoying, I think we all get used to it, kind of like living near a railroad, however I am sorry for any inconvenience. I would love to have you back on your next trip through McAlester!

Lacie
The West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I travel 9 to 10 months out of each year so I have lots of hotel experience. The Best Western Inn of McAlester has the nicest staff of any place I stay. I usually stay 4 to 6 weeks in the same place when I travel and the Best Western in McAlester is my favorite. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. They recommend good restaurants and local things to do. Really good coffee and a hot breakfast. Nice big clean rooms with microwave and refrigerator (not old broken down appliances like some places I have stayed). Big flat screen high definition tv in the roof as well.
Nice work desk and a nice long 5 or 6 foot clothes hanger that will hold all of my wife's and my clothes. Long shelf above also for items to store. Like I said I stay 4 to 6 weeks so we bring a lot of stuff. This is my second extended stay here and I will always come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review us, and I am so happy your extended stay was excellent. When you travel frequently you become so aware of things to look for, and I am so glad we accomodated your needs. I also tend to bring a lot of clothes so a spacious closet is a must for me!! Thanks again!!
Dallas Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very pleasant experience. Excellent Greeter (Lisa) at the Front Desk. Clean room. Friendly folks. Well pleased, and if I'm in the area again I/we will plan to definitely stay here. Easy access on and off Highway 75. Good location as well. Easy entrance/exit.

Room Tip: Didn't check on Fitness Center
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
It sounds like this was your first stay with us here is McAlester, and we are so glad you stopped! It is great to hear the positive feedback especially knowing that you will be back again is great!
Enid, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The staff at this property is always bright and cheerful. You will always feel wanted and appreciated at this Hotel. The rooms are large and very comfortable. There is no noise from the adjacent highway. You are able to walk to a lovely Mom and Pop restaurant or drive to many great restaurants in the area. If you are in the area stop in and enjoy the stay as I always do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we really appreciate loyal guests like you. It is amazing to work for a business that knows their guests and provides great experiences to them time and time again. You make what we do worth it:)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The front desks was very friendly & helpful. The rooms are well appointed & on the larger side. Beds were quite comfortable. Towels are soft! A welcomed relief to other hotel/motel ruff thin scratchy towels.

The breakfast area the next morning was attended to
With detail. Although several people were already having breakfast the buffet area was neat hand tidy as if we were the first ones there.

Will definitely keep in mind should we pass this way again.

Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Best Western! I am glad you enjoyed our comfortable and spacious rooms! I have to agree with you on the towels! Working in the hotel business might even make me a bit more picky than most and there is nothing like soft towels, feels a little more like home that way. We hope to see you on your next visit and again thank you for choosing us!

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester? Share your experiences!