“Great night stay -Clean room -Friendly Staff -good food next door” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in McAlester
Dallas, Texas
“Great night stay -Clean room -Friendly Staff -good food next door”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Lisa at the Check in Desk was like comming home to Sister's house for a needed nights rest.
Glad to see the place is just like the way we remembered our past visit's have always been.
Next door is a great place to eat -early to late the food is good and price is easy to digest too.

Room Tip: Always Call ahead when on the road a long way away from home-- For this Hotel--- If you have pets t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
First of all, I would like to thank you for your continued business, there are many places to stay in McAlester and it means a lot that you choose us! It sounds like Lisa provided fantastic service, as always and that your stay was great! Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon! I'd also like to add that I love the food next door too!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stopped in late night while on a long, solo trip. The desk clerk, Lisa was awesome! So friendly and eager to help. Sign in was quick and easy, the room was very spacious,clean,and comfortable. Also pet friendly which was awesome since I was travelling with my poodle. Breakfast was fresh and hot and again the staff could not have been nicer! Will definitely route my next trip by there!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms were all easily accessible and quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am so glad that Lisa provided such great service! I am happy to hear that traveling alone late at night we were able to accomodate you. I am also glad we had a room for your poodle! Thanks for choosing us and have a Happy New Year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on the way to Houston from KC. Plan to stop on the way back. People were friendly, rooms were clean and kids loved their breakfast. It is also nice to pull your car right up to the room. And it was very quiet. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
I am so glad our hotel was a convenient location for your trip from Houston to KC. I am even more delighted to hear that we left a very positive lasting impression on you! From the entire staff we just want to say thank you so much for choosing Best Western of McAlester!
Huntsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Traveling from Texas to Canada, this little motel was our first stop. A great way to start a long trip.
The desk clerk was so sweet and friendly (yelled a greeting as soon as we walked in). Met the
manager and he told us it is an old property recently renovated. Our room was freshly painted
and was beautiful. never saw a motel with such nice trim around the ceilings! Very clean, comfy,
nice continental breakfast. There is a country style cafe on the premises. Might go back just to
stay another night there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us at Best Western in McAlester, OK!! I am delighted that we gave you an experience that made for a great start to your vacation! The owner, manager and all staff take great pride in the look of the hotel, I am so glad you enjoyed it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My sister and I had travelled to Oklahoma to attend the funeral of our Uncle. We, being of the nature to take in abandoned animals, watched as an insensitive couple dumped a 6 month old kitten out of their truck and drove on. Of course, we took that kitten with us. Hotels that have pet policies are very hard to find in this neck of the woods but we found a gem in Best Western in McAlester, Oklahoma. They not only made last minute reservations for us to stay three nights, but our kitten stayed free, meaning no pet deposit whatsoever!
The staff was wonderful and treated us like we were long lost family that had just arrived into town and rolled out the red carpet for us; there is a full breakfast provided in the morning, a small but very good diner across the parking lot from them and great accomodations. The outside (exterior of the building is not updated) does not have great curb appeal, but when we stepped through the door of our room we felt as if we had stepped into a five star hotel room. Oh by the way, there was a pool, but it was too cold to play in while we were there, but they kept it well maintained just the same.Thank you Best Western - McAlester for making a hard time so, so much better. If we travel your way again, we will be coming to see you again. Until then, keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Be nice, honest and ask for what you need. They are very accomodating.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We value all customer feedback, and I certainly love it when it is good! First, good for you for rescuing the animal, it breaks my heart when things like that happen! I am so glad you were treated kindly and enjoyed your stay. I hope you stop in and see us again in the future!
Wildwood, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed one night there on August 9th on our way from St. Louis to Dallas. The room was great, the staff was great and very helpful regarding restaurants in the area. We also noticed how busy everyone was from the front desk to housekeeping to maintenance and landscaping. The staff was going about their jobs dilgently and seemed to be enjoying it. Enjoyed the nice, clean pool. We will stay there again as it is a good stopping point on our frequent trips between St. Louis and Dallas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello! I am so glad that you decided to stop at The Best Western here in McAlester, ok. I have to start by saying I apologize in the delayed response and it is in no way indicative of how much your review means to us! I am so proud to say that we have a hard working staff and that shows through their results. I look forward to your stay during your next trip, Thank you again for your review, it is greatly appreciated.
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This place was clean enough but the air conditioner was so noisy and had the room so humid that it smelt like mildew. The sheets and pillows felt wet. The clothes we brought in to wear the next day felt wet. Between the noise that it made as well as feeling wet all night we were out of there as soon as possible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I am very sorry to hear about your recent stay at Bestwestern in McAlester, Ok. We take tremendous pride in making sure every guest has a great experience. It seems we didn't succeed in your case. I sincerely apologize and thank you for your review, although not good it made us aware of an issue so that we can fix it promptly. I encourage you to give us another chance and I'm certain we will please.

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester? Share your experiences!