I recently had the joy of planning a retreat for our church to be held at Quartz Mountain. This is my fourth year and walked into some unpleasant changes. The management at the Resort is new and have not started out on a good foot with me, or my attendees. The sales manager, several restaurant staff and a front desk manager that we had worked with before and had really made our experience worth the drive had either been driven out by force or by sheer frustration with the lack of common sense by those running the resort. There has been a severe drop in the quality of service, cleanliness and overall
appearance of the staff and property. We had a HORRIBLE time with the "new" sales staff, who were quick to tell me how they were unfamiliar with their job, and seemed less than sympathetic to the fact that we had worked with someone who had known us so well and took care of our group consistently. The meeting did go off well, but
it seemed to be due to the dedication of the banquet staff, who seemed to have just as much trouble getting adequate communication from the sales staff as I did. However, they went above and beyond to make things special. Our familiar faces, like Cathy in the restaurant, Kristine in Sales, Michael at the Front Desk, have all been replaced by the same generic, uncaring, drones that we can get here in the city, without paying for the gas down there. If this is the gift of the new manager, then the catering people, the only saving grace of our experience, should be spared. We would like to come back, but we would love to have the same guarantee of excellence
we had two years ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quartz Mountain Resort, Arts and Conference Center is located on Lake Altus in the Wichita Mountains of Southwestern Oklahoma. The beauty of the Resort and landscape that surrounds it needs to be seen to be believed. Quartz Mountain Resort was re-built in 2001 and and its decor has a distinct "lodge" feeling. The property features 118 beautifully appointed guestrooms with lake or mountain views and 12 cabins. The Resort is ideal for meetings, retreats and conferences. Choose from the 5,000 square foot Grand Ballroom, one of five 2,000 square foot pavillions with lake views or the 697 seat, acoustically perfect Twin Peaks Performance Hall. Quartz Mountain Resort is home to one of the most famed dining experiences in Southwest Oklahoma, The Sundance Cafe. With breathtaking mountain and lake views, the Sundance Cafe features a menu that is distinctly Southwestern with a Continental flair. For recreation, the property has an 18-hole golf cource, in-door pool and hot tub and an on-site activities director. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Groupon and Odigeo so you can book your Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts And Conference Center
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts Hotel Lone Wolf
- Quartz Mountain Lodge
- Quartz Mountain Hotel Arts
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center Oklahoma/Lone Wolf