“My first Best Western and was very happy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1125 E. Gore Blvd, Lawton, OK 73501 (Formerly Howard Johnson Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Dallas, Texas
“My first Best Western and was very happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I travel a lot for work all over OK and stay at many different hotels. This hotel in Lawton was was nice surprise as it's one of the best I've stayed at in its price range. The hotel is located right off the highway and the casino. Almost all the other hotels were out of rooms and this hotel was the only one that had a few rooms left. I booked it the day before and didn't get there until almost 11pm the night of the stay. Check in was fast and easy and the room was as promised. The hotel show its age but it's very well kept. My room was big and clean with a comfortable bed and clean sheets. There was also a flat screen TV, coffee maker, microwave and fridge. My room also had a balcony facing the pool, tennis court, and walking trail. I didn't wanted room service the three days I was there and just had housekeeping provide me with a new bath towel and hand towel each day.

They provide free breakfast vouchers and a 10% off dinner coupon. I had breakfast one of the three days I was there and it was very good. The waiter was very nice as well. I had their German Buffet on Wednesday night and since I've never had German food before, I didn't really much care for it.

Check out was fast and easy. I highly recommend this hotel to others and I would definitely stay here again when I'm back in town.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Azle Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We went on Labor Day Weekend 2010. The Bestwestern hotel was the best. It's located next to the casino on I44. 3-4 outdoor swimming pools and one heated indoor lap pool along with exerice room with several different kinds of machines and an area for cardio workout with mats. Rooms on the back side of the hotel have room access to the green/tree common area. Each little porch has a chair and there are also picnic table avaiable. My teenage sons had a great time throwing the football around with some of the staff. The restuarant is quit good with a variaty of selections. this hotel also has on-site laundry service, do it your self or arrange for the staff to do it for you. Several of the local restuarants will delivery to this holtel. Highly recommended. 4 stars.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Littleton, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed at this place because we were visiting our grandkids in Oklahoma and we wanted to be able to play at the pool. The water was so cold in both pools that the kids were miserable. The food at the hotel restaurant was terrible - the service was good. We ordered nachos and they served us nachos with fake cheese like you get at a baseball game. Won't stay there again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

The hotel was older but very clean and the staff went above and beyond. The walls were a little thin ( very noisy guest) for my husband. The bedding was great and very comfortable.
The restaurant was nice and offered several choices for the free hot breakfast. This hotel was not our first choice as others did not have a vacancy. For the price we are glad we stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

There's not many good things to say about this hotel. Check in was slow, slow, slow. Only two people working the desk and the phone was ringing off the hook, we were left unattended for over 15 minutes. It didn't get any better when we checked into our room. We should of known from the looks of the front door to our room what to expect. Besides the room needing serious updating paint/decor etc., the carpet emitted a weird odor, the walls were thin and the tv didn't work half the time. Thank goodness we only stayed one night at this place as it was the most disgusting and noisiest place we ever stayed. The rodeo and various young people partying all night made it hard to get a good night sleep on the saggy mattress. We moved to the La Quinta the next day.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

When we arrived in Lawton, we couldn't find anywhere to stay! All the hotels that we looked up were booked. When we arrived at Best Westren to see if they had a room, they said they had only one left so we jumped right in and got it because we were so tired and needed somewhere to sleep. We asked if they had any military discount, they said they did, but couldn't give us any because they were booked which I thought was stupid. We paid $100.00 a night plus tax. When we got into our room, it was nice and clean and everything you would expect a hotel room to be. It had two very comfortable queen size beds, a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and a nice t.v. Getting the room came with a free continental breakfast that was great! We got down to the breakfast/restaurant area and was surprised to see the kind of food they were serving. Eggs, Bacon, Grits, Sausage, Biscuits, Gravy, Make your own waffles, muffins, juice, coffee, cereal and a little more. It was fantastic and tasted very good. My family and I were pleased and decided to book another night there before we headed out to visit some relatives. They have an outdoor and indoor pool, but when we got there, only the indoor pool was available because they were filling up the outdoor pool with water. We stayed 2 noight there and enjoyed theuir delicious breakfast, but my family and I decided to move to another hotel (Quality Inn) to save some money and we're glad that we did even though we enjoyed Best Bestern very much! I would definitely reccomend this hotel to family and friends because it was good even though I thought it was a bit pricey and wish we would've gotten the military discount.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
tulsa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

Stay away from this hotel.
Spent three months at this hotel from may-aug of 2007.

I checked in on Sunday and out on friday every week for those 3 months. I Would have switched hotels but there was no availability below the $70 government rate anywhere else... and often times no availability at any rate. I had to be moved into three rooms on two of the sunday check in days just to find a room with no fleas or curly black hairs on the bed.

cons:
hairs on the bed (multiple times), sometimes black and curly, sometimes grey dog hair, sometimes long blonde hair on the pillows.
fleas in the room
horrible smelling perfume
lipstick on coffee mugs in the morning
dirty plates
My bottle of crown royal some how came up "missing" from my room... the manager was nice enough to give me a new one.
slow internet
horrible breakfast
left a nice aeropostale tshirt in the room on checkout and the maid staff "never found it"
dirty silverware for breakfast

pros:
none

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!