You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1125 E. Gore Blvd, Lawton, OK 73501 (Formerly Howard Johnson Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
“Hospitable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had some issues with our key cards at the very beginning but, our stay was nice, we were in the non-smoking side, I occasionally heard my neighbors but that's because of the adjoining door. Only so much you can do about that. Slept great, the cold means cold for sure. The bathrooms and everything all were nice. My only beef was that the indoor pool was unavailable. The outdoor pool is through the restaurant and that restaurant is COLD! Complimentary breakfast was stellar, the staff was all very nice and accommodating. The bar and restaurant prices are pretty serious...so, maybe eat elsewhere if you're on a budget.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Quanna Tx, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

this place is very good for the money. Great Location. Nice & quiet if your on business. Easy excess to parking lot. good security. very comfortable beds. 2 pools. Close to Casino. Walkable. Order in or head to the bar to order dinner & drinks.

Weslaco, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed in many Best Western motels for the past several years, unfortunately The Best Western Inn & Convention Center in Lawton, OK was one of the worst. The property is very large, apparently too large to be maintained. Almost everything (walls, floors, carpet, doors, fixtures) except the bed linens was dirty and stained. Many rooms were not in use; open curtains and no furniture. Outside grounds had a lot of accumulated trash, even a pile of broken air conditioners. No need to go on. Bottom line: the property is outdated, run down and not up to usual Best Western standards.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My stay has been great and staff kind ready to answer any question.Atmosphere clean along with outside pool.Wish gym would stay open a little later.Security is awesome I feel safe any hour.Great thanks to Leslie, Kim, Naomi, Leah for having me feel welcome:) i would gladly return.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

When I first arrived in my room, My first impression was that it seemed dark and dated. The room had very few plug ins for electronic devices. I would have to say that the room was a little below average for the cost but it did have a fridge and microwave, a flat screen tv, and it was clean. One thing to know about the rooms is that each room has 2 entrances which some people may enjoy while others may feel that this compromises security. Personally, I enjoyed having a door opening to a green courtyard. All upper level rooms seem to have small balconies while ground floor rooms on east side open to green courtyard, west side ground floor rooms open to parking lot.
What makes this hotel above average is the exceptional customer service. All of the staff were very friendly and definitely aimed to please. Also, the full breakfast and the recreational areas really added value to the stay. There are 2 outdoor pools with plenty of pool side sitting areas, an indoor pool, an exercise room and l think there was a tennis court (on opposite side of hotel, I never actually went). One thing that I appreciated was that the hotel had several pool toys available for the kids to use. There is a bar and restaurant located within the hotel (I only ate breakfast at restaurant- it was good with a lot of variety. I didnt go to bar so cannot comment on quality). The Comanche casino is located in adjacent parking lot on south side of hotel.
I wound up enjoying my stay much more than I thought I would upon my first impression. I will probably stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Everett, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great Motel......Good breakfast.......nice rooms. I definitely recommend this motel. The rooms are arranged so nice and there's lots of room for luggage and the beds are comfortable. Also it's close to the freeway entrance to head to Oklahoma City.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My colleague and I stayed here last year for business, and we liked it so much that we stayed again. The staff were friendly and helpful. They are trained well in customer service. We were staying for a week and knew we'd be working long hours; one of the staff was able to find multi-cup coffee pots for us (recently rooms were changed over to single-serve) and chairs and a small table for our adjoining patios. We loved having rooms that looked out into the green courtyard area, shaded by trees. Even being on the ground floor, we felt safe at all hours. The only downside for me was that the beds were not firm enough, but that's usual in any hotel room for me. The internet speed was good until the end of the week when the hotel started filling up with people. Overall, we had an excellent stay, and I would gladly stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!