“Older but very Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1125 E. Gore Blvd, Lawton, OK 73501 (Formerly Howard Johnson Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Seminole, Oklahoma, Usa
“Older but very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel Room was very clean and nice, The Lady in Breakfast Renda like that something she is german i belive and a african american man who was helping her. Its was a great stay thank you so very Much. o and i am a Best Western Employee from a diffrent Town almost 2 hours away and im probbly harder to impress than regular guest.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kanchana H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for this review! We are so humbled reading this and have shared with all of our team. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back. Again, thank you for being a part of Best Western Family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My middle son was graduating from Army Basic Training at Fort Sill, OK, the third of three sons to serve. I was able to fly his wife in from California, and the youngest son and his wife drove in from Fort Gordon, GA. I needed a place to stay, and I belong to the Best Western rewards program, so that was the first place I looked.

We were able to get three rooms, all adjacent, and were even upgraded to one room being a suite with an extra room with couch, recliner, etc for when we all wanted to gather. And my reward program received a bonus 250 points on top of the regular points and the upgrade. Having driven up from Tucson, I arrived way to early to check in, but stopped by the desk anyway. Two very friendly and helpful young ladies (one a trainee) were able to get the housecleaning crew into one of our rooms quickly so I could at least check in there early and get my car unloaded. It was around this time that I found out there is an Indian Casino next door.

Once I had driven up to Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport (their words, not mine) to get my daughter-in-law and returned, the youngest son and his wife arrived. Another trip up on the next day netted my wife from the airport.

Hotel's outdoor pool was undergoing renovations, but frankly, the weather had gone from 91 to 33 within 24 hours (this is normal), after thunder, lighting, rain and flash floods and tornadoes just the week before, so we didn't need the pool. The indoor pool could be seen from the bar, and it looked fine, if not used much. The bar, on the other hand, was used much.

The restaurant in the hotel, Victoria's Lounge, was decent. Breakfast was a full line of hot and cold breakfast items, always including scrambled eggs and either sausage or bacon, sometimes both, and all the other stuff you would expect. The lunch and dinner menus, as well as snack items, were varied, decently priced and tasty. The lunch on Wednesdays is a German buffet, the likes of which I haven't had since leaving Aschaffenburg in 1979. Sehr Gut!

I don't know that I will ever have reason to go back to Fort Sill and Lawton, but if I do, this is definitely where I will stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Best Western for your recent stay. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your next visit!
Arvada, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was a little concerned when I walked in and had to wait for the clerk to finish texting, but that was the only issue I had. The room was comfortable the bed was good and the pillows were very good. Breakfast was great compared to others, the eggs were obvously prepared in the kitchen instaed of the microwave and bacon was excellent. Even though my room was facing the highway and parking lot it was quiet. Would certainly stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kanchana H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel and providing the feedback we need to improve our service for all future guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the room, location and breakfast. It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.
Cape Cod Mass.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I did not expect much to be honest. Near the highway, next to a Casino I assumed it would be loud and a bit crazy. We were more than pleasantly surprised to find a clean comfortable room. The beds are insanely comfortable, .... the pillows quite nice ! The breakfast was amazing, We enjoyed our 4 night stay, I highly recommend anyone traveling to the Lawton OK area, as well as other Army parents to stay here !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kanchana H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff we want to thank you for your feedback. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back.
Tecumseh, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a frequent stop for me. I can't count how many times I've been here. This hotel provides one of my top five favorite hotel hot breakfasts, with more items than most inc. grits, potatoes, bacon, sausage, & very good biscuits & gravy. I always pack away way too much! The beds are always comfortable & the staff friendly & helpful. It is also an easy walk across a parking lot to a casino, with another just a few blocks away, with several choices for food & gas along the way.

Room Tip: Some of the ground floor rooms open on a very nice courtyard with little paths, lots of vegetation.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kanchana H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations, and your satisfaction is important to us. Myself and Team look forward to your next visit!!
Clover, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here three nights in April as I traveled to Lawton to visit with my mother who has a terminal diagnosis. The first couple of days can only be described as average. The beds are fair and the pillows are firm. The cleanliness of the rooms is questionable, I spilled some water on the floor and used one of the towels to clean it up. The amount of dirt that came up off that carpet was in a word, frightening.

The breakfast is the same everyday, don't get me wrong it's not bad food just little variety. I was checking out on a Saturday am and I went down with my mother to eat breakfast at 6 am which is the appointed time it has been every day I have stayed here, I was informed somewhat tersely by a woman in the dining area that breakfast was not served until 630 am. Odd, I suppose people in hotels don't have flights or places to be on Saturday. Well the lack of professionalism on the part of This woman kinda put me off.

I am sorry to say that the acts of a few ruined this visit for me. This visit is very most likely the last time I will see my mother alive and I am trying hard not to let the unprofessional actions of one or two people sour this moment for either if us.

In summary, this hotel is a fair stay but if there are other venues available stay away.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel and providing the feedback we need to improve our service for all future guests.We deeply regret the experience you had with our restaurant staff and do hope that you will give us a second chance.
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had a long trip that day, the hotel bed and pillows were fantastic!! I had a great night!
The hotel was quite and breakfast was pretty good. The location was very convenient. Staff was super friendly.

• Stayed January 2013
Kanchana H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to see you again soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!