“Incredible Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Springfield, MO
“Incredible Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2006

After a horrible experience with a hotel not so far down the road, I came to the Hampton Inn & Suites. I was incredibly impressed with the warm reception we received. The receptionist gave us 100% of her attention and courtesy and vowed to make our stay better than the last hotel we'd booked. They sure held up to the deal! We were greeted every time we left/entered the hotel. The breakfast they gave was delicious every morning. The room was above clean and comfortable, with big fluffy comforters, a lumbar pillow, and overstuffed, firm pillows. This hotel continuously exceeded my expectations. I will never go back to Lawton, OK due to the horrible customer service and attitudes I received elsewhere, but if I had to come back, I'd definately choose the Hampton to ease the nerves, calm my senses, and pamper to my every need from a hotel. This was just an awesome experience.

• Liked — The customer service
  • Disliked — Other travelers who were rude
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you aren't discouraged by other travelers in the hotel, the stay can still be enjoyed
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

I have to say that my family was really thrilled with the Hampton Inn Lawton. We had a large group for a reunion and had no major problems, which is unusual considering how many of us there were.

The hotel was built recently, so everything is clean and brand new. The common areas are well maintained, they have a generous buffet breakfast and good coffee all day long (!!). The rooms were spacious and they have the souped-up beds that are so popular these days - ie layers of cushioning and comfortable, variable density pillows. We also loved the little touches of interesting art and photography around the hotel. For once we found a hotel with a gym is well equipped with new machines and ample towels - unusual these days.

We were very pleased with the service. Generally we don't expect anything but a clean room but the staff were very attentive and helpful to us and made an effort to make our visit special.

• Liked — clean and friendly
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2006

I understand when certain needs cannot be meet, but in this situation I felt no effort was made for my family to be near each other. My dying mother and I were put on one end of the hotel and my children and grandchildren on another floor at the other end. I had requested and thought I had reserved and confirmed twice adjoining rooms stating the needs of my Mother who has only months to live. I took the rooms we were given with much distress. The following day I again requested to be moved closer to my children. When we returned from a family reunion we had been moved to the same floor still at the other end of the hotel. The trek back and forth down the long hallway past the front dest became stressful having to endure the glare from the front dest staff. The room next to ours was empty and it was for the disabled, I went to the front desk and asked to purchase that room in additon to the rooms I already had and was told they would not move or change the reservation for that room. At no time did we hear or see anyone check into that room. Even though the Hotel reimbursed me for two nights stay, I fell they can never give me back the precious time I lost with my family not being together. I will never be a patron of this hotel ar any Hilton because of the treatment I recieved from the staff at this particular Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lawton? Share your experiences!