“Poor Management / Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2610 NW Cache Road, Lawton, OK 73505   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Poor Management / Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I can't speak to the quaility of the rooms however I had booked a room at this hotel last May 16 as a way over point from Oklahoma City to Wichita Falls. After arriving at the hotel later at night but being less tired than anticipated I asked the front desk clerk Courtney if it would be possible to cancel my reservation without penality and just finish my drive. She said that it wouldn't be a problem and that she would take care of it but her computer was doing something so she couldn't give me a cancellation number, hence I made a point of writing down her name. A week later when doing my expenses I noted a charge for a full night to the hotel. I called the manager and explained what happened and she refused to credit me back, which was clearly the right thing without any mentioning that I'm a Hilton Diamond member with over 70 nights per year. Find another hotel, like I said don't know what the rooms are like but don't roll the dice with this crew.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sheena D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Jeff K,

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. It has been nearly a year since your scheduled arrival and we do hope you will consider staying at our hotel if you return to the area. Just a quick sidenote to let you know that the associate you mentioned has not been with us in quite some time.

You may also be interested to learn that we have completed a full refurbishment of our lobby and public spaces. Please feel free to contact myself directly so that I may personally take care of you. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton.

Sheena DuPree

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The room was very large and clean. The bed was so comfortable. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. It was also conveniently located. The internet connection was great and there were plenty of extra plugs for all of my chargers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sheena D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
sheila757_56:

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience! I am happy to hear you found the beds so comfortable and the rooms large to your liking. I will ensure that I pass on to our entire team your pleasant comments. We look forward to serving your travel needs at the Hampton Inn and Suites should you return to the Lawton area. Thank you for being our guest!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here in January. The room was large-- the bed area, desk area and coach were not all crowded together. There was plenty room to walk around even with luggage. The hotel and room were very clean. There were no odd or cigarette odors (important for me due to allergies). The lobby was attractive and very clean. The people were are very friendly. Check in was easy. I did not utilize the other facilities nor attend the breakfast so cannot comment on those. I would glady stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sheena D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
YRHips:

I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Lawton. I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality in a spacious and clean environment that suited your needs wonderfully. We can’t wait to see you again soon.

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The rating should really be "Below Average", not poor.

Stayed here on our trip through the south. The hotel was okay, but nothing was perfect. The room was fine, a typical room, but the comforter was very lumpy and a bit uncomfortable to sit on. The indoor pool - which was the reason we picked this hotel - was not really usable due to the fact that the pool room was not heated/insulated and it was cold outside. Plus, there is an ant problem in the pool room, both on the ground and in the ceiling. Note, I did not see a single other bug outside of the pool room. Did not enjoy the food at breakfast at all. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sheena D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete provide feedback concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Lawton, OK. We appreciate your responses because they help us better serve you on your subsequent trips to our hotel.

I apologize that you were inconvenienced in any way. Please know that I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate hotel departments for immediate correction. I have also noted to them that you did enjoy how nice everyone was.

I cannot express how much regret that I have that you left our hotel with less than an exceptional experience. I certainly hope that you will give us another chance to show you our exceptional service standards.

Because our goal is to ensure that you are 100% satisfied, Please do not hesitate to call or email me and let me know if there is anything that I can do for you and I will do my very best to accommodate your request.

Thank you for being our guest and for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites Lawton, OK as your home away from home! We hope that we will see you again when your travels bring you back to Lawton.

Safe Travels!
(580) 355-8200
sheena.dupree@hilton.com

Lee's Summit, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on business after staying at a horrible hotel in Enid. It was a relief to be met by friendly staff and a clean and spacious room. I layed down on the bed in the afternoon and immediately fell asleep. The hotel is typical newer Hampton Inn. Cozy beds and bedding, HD TV with plenty of channels, wired or wireless internet, free breakfast. Plenty of cookies in the evening in the hotel lobby. My only knock on the hotel is the small fitness center with only three machines and no free weights. Regardless, this hotel gets full points from me and will stay here again when in Lawton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sheena D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Robb p:

Thank you so very much for your kind words and I'm glad you had a wonderful place to come to and spread out and relax after your stay in Enid. I am delighted that the front desk service was a breath of fresh air and I will ensure that our housekeeping team knows that their pride in their work to have wonderfully clean rooms for their guests paid off for you! We strive to help our guests be at their best, whether they are with us for business or pleasure.

I would love to take this opportunity to let you know that our fitness center will be remodeled in the coming months! We will feature a rubber mat floor, a set of 5 medicine balls, 3 new updated machines along with a Yoga Mat and large exercise ball.

Thank you for being our guest, and should your travels bring you back to the Lawton area, we hope you will choose us again!

Sheena DuPree-General Manager
Stillwater, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Friendly and efficient check-in. Biggest issue with this property was noise. The walls must be thin because we could hear every sound from the adjacent room. Also, the air conditioner was noisy to the point of interrupting sleep. On the positive side, the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was good and was kept well stocked. I felt the rate I paid for this room was too high. Probably would stay here again if I'm in the area, but I would also check room rates at other hotels,.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room on the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear hdpilot:
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your valuable day to share your experiences!

I am very happy to hear that the Front Desk was friendly and accommodating and that the housekeeping staff knocked your socks off by providing you with a clean room for you to spread out and relax in. I am very sorry to hear that the adjacent room's noise bothered the peacefulness of yours. Your room tip for a corner room top floor is all yours when you come back, just ask us when making your reservations that you wish to be placed there and we would love to accommodate that for you, please feel free to add any other special requests you may have as well so we can ensure all of your stays with us are exceptional! Please know that the air unit reported as noisy has already been attended to. Because your satisfaction is our #1 priority, please do not hesitate to contact me personally for this stay, previous ones or any future ones!

I will be sure to share with our breakfast team that you enjoyed their preparations and that they are doing a great job keeping it stocked for our hungry guests!

Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.
Sheena DuPree-General Manager
oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Let me just say that prior to this stay, I stayed at this hotel every other month when visiting Lawton, so imagine my surprise when my Hilton reservation ( from the Hilton website) was not honored upon arrival even after calling the Hilton 800#. I'll just give you the facts. Upon attempting to checkin my husband and I were informed that we did not qualify for the government discount by showing our military ID (as stated on the Hilton website) which would have been OK if we had known. We were also not greeted as HHonors members, perhaps because she had to explain to us how management had changed the rules in reference to military discounts since out last stay on July 31 and how that information could be found on THEIR website when you SCROLL DOWN. We called the 800 # and the Hilton rep put me on hold and called the same girl at the front desk. The Hilton rep then told me that because this was a franchise hotel the owner could change the rules. The bill went from $175 to $225. We stayed 2 nights, on the first day house keeping came after 3pm on the day of checkout they knocked at 9:30am and said, through the door, that if we were not ready for checkout we should have put the Do Not
Disturb sign on the door. We heard every flush and shower from either upstairs or next door. That was our last stay at any Hilton properties in Lawton because WE WILL NOT BE STAYING AGAIN. Wherever we stay in Lawton we will be CALLING for
reservations. On a positive note she did move us to the room of our choice, but then they did that on our previous stays.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheena D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback.

As we have privately discussed, I am just as disappointed as you are that your stay was not exceptional. Our standard procedure in this event was followed by our front desk agent and I am pleased that our agreed upon arrangements have met your satisfaction.

The interaction with our housekeeping team member as you reported is certainly not typical and the concern has been raised with the appropriate individuals. Our entire team has used this event as a training exercise to improve our service standards going forward.

I would take pleasure in welcoming you and your husband back to “Your Room” at the Hampton Inn and Suites Lawton! Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally take care of your reservations and I will ensure their accuracy.

Once again, please accept my apologies and I do hope that we will see you and your family again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lawton? Share your experiences!