“Doesn't look like much on the outside” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Nw 2nd St, Lawton, OK 73507   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
San Francisco, Mexico
“Doesn't look like much on the outside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Had my doubts when I got there, cruising along Gore, but inside the hotel is pretty nice. I spent one night here and two nights at the Fairfield Inn & Suites and I was amazed at the difference between the two hotels. The room was very climate controlled and I never once heard the AC go on. It was also lower in price than Fairfield and the room was very clean too. I would stay here again if I could.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Larry B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lawton, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
pusherhombre,

Thank you for taking the time to give your comments regarding your recent stay.

I am very glad to hear that the property exceeded your expectations, it is very important for us to know how we are doing all the time.

We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Conway, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for three nights to attend my son's graduation from BCT at Fort Sill. We arrived late afternoon after a LONG car ride. Edna at the front desk had us laughing and we totally forgot how exhausted we were! Her friendly smile, quick wit, and warmth were refreshing. She provided us with tour booklets on the local attractions as well as a map of the area. She was very helpful. We had two rooms, one with two double beds for our teen sons, and a room with a king bed for my husband and myself. The rooms were immaculate and very comfortable. The beds, pillows, and linens were plush and we slept like babies. The decor of the hotel is very modern and attractive, the air worked beautifully, and the bathrooms are large and impressive. I am partial to staying in Hilton's and this one didn't disappoint.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Loria S.

Thank you so much for taing time to tell us about your stay. Edna is a great employee and has great customer service skills.

It is great to hear about your stay and how we exceeded your expectations, it is our goal.

We look forward to your return to the property.
Edmond, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

You pull into the area and think to yourself where do I want to stay? There are many brand options and I wrongfully chose to stay at the "NEW " Hilton Garden Inn. What I should have chose was the Older but still like new Homewood Suites by Hilton... As an Hhonors member I would expect much better from a NEW full service format Hilton Product.

I did Review the Tripadvisor Comments but the General Manager answered them and I assumed would be doing what he is saying he is and amending all the issues.... WRONG!

Where do I start? The Solicitors out side or that The front desk team is atrocious? I had to wait and was given the "hold on" sign three times with one of the employees phones going off at the desk and another talking to what looked like their buddy.. that was not an employee. I was ignored. Unacceptable! When finally waited on it was crisp short and robotic. Felt like what are you doing here and what are you bothering me for? Oh and my favorite part, "are you checking in?" NO, Im just standing here with my luggage and laptop bag for the fun of it.

I get to the room.. TINY! Noisy all night.. maybe soldier graduating and partying? All HGI I have used are a business class hotel and professional, not a good start. Then the food... Dare I say cold and un appealing. I read what The general manager stated in another review, " have to go by the standard" maybe true, but if that is the case then why is this HGI the only one out of the 23 different ones across the country that the food taste like warmed over Purina Chow.

The Bar decent.. again service... the room housekeeping was maybe the only high point of my stay as at least the girl on my floor spoke to me and sorta made eye contact. The room was cleanish, few hairs on a pillow and some brown residue on the covers, found a pill between the night stand and the bed while plugging in my phone, pretty sure it was an aspirin.

Last but not least, dont bother to complain to the front desk management.. you get a canned answer and a promise to fix with with no resolution actually happening and again another short curt spiel that felt like I was bothering them.

I am a seasoned traveler and never really comment on tripadvisor because I never really had an urge to but this hotel drives me to say something so that other guests should be aware. The General Manager which I requested the from front desk to contact me several times never contacted me, as expected. The leadership of this hotel is lacking which is why the staff is lacking. As a 25 year Business owner traveling to the area to possibly relocate business here I will certainly not be doing business with the HGI. This is a shame they seem to have a nice meeting facility and nice lobby ect... but the staff and service kills it!

I will be moving my Business to either the Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites. Rate is not as important to me as service and accommodations. I will be telling all my business affiliates that will be traveling into Lawton over the next few months to steer clear!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lawton, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
b_Michael11701

Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your stay.

I must say I am embarrassed about your experience with us and this not the way we should handle customers. It appears wherever you went in the hotel it was a bad experience.

I would like to follow up with you more, please email me at your convenience at larry.byroad@hilton.com. I would appreciate the opportunity to get more details so that we may make sure this does not happen again.
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

When the time came to leave Fort Sill, I was extremely satisfied with the new Hilton located in 2nd street. I had the opportunity to attend a function at their ballroom and that good experience is reflected in the hotel staff and quality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Juan F.

Thank you so much for your response and your kind words about our property.

We are very proud that Fort Sill is a part of our community and that we have local "heroes" right up the road.

We look forward to your returen to the property in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I got to the hotel to check in and there were 2 employees at the desk. I walk up and one is one the phone the other one just stands there...doesn't say anything....I say I have a reservation...He says I'm new..she has to help you.
Personal cell phones on the counter. Then the girl says you have to wait..we don't have any rooms available.
Check out is noon and check in is 3pm.
I used to work for hilton so I know it only takes a very short time to clean a rokm.
They were sold out and ALL the guests checked out at noon.
I won't be back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Karrilee S.

Thank you for your response. I apologize for your treatment during your stay. We have trained our staff to be at the guest's service and we should not have casual comments that were made to you, we should be doing what we can to take care of you.

Please email me at your convenience at larry.byroad@hilton.com as i would like to see wqhat I can do for your inconvenience.

Thank you for your business and I will make it my business to get you to return and show you much better customer service.
Dover, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I am a DOD employee who was TDY to Ft Sill. I stayed at this Hilton using a federal government rate. I was given a room by the elevator where you hear everyone talking and elevator's beeping non-stop at all hours of the day and night. Also my view was of the roof, which means there wasn't a view. There was no free breakfast of any kind and to eat their breakfast was $9.95, even though I am a member of their club. Most every morning the coffee provided downstairs was empty and I had to ask for some. I went swimming one evening and there were no clean towels and a large dead spider in the pool. When I checked out I was charged taxes that I am exempt from being charged. My co-worker, who was also charged taxes, was told next time she wanted to be tax free she needed to tell them upon check-in and then the lady told her she would remove the taxes but it would take 15 min and was a big inconvenience that she'd probably get written up over. I did tell them upon check-in and it did no good. Also, my co-workers room was not cleaned one day, not even the bed was made. I could have stayed in a cheaper hotel as I don't think this one is worth the price they charge.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevator and ask for a view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lawton, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Elizabeth752

Thank you for your response and the excellent points where we are lacking to serve the customer. Please know that I have task our leadership team this week to address these areas and make sure that they are brought up to speed immediately. The breakfast is the brand standard and I cannot change that but only hope that you will find as most people do with the made to order eggs, waffles, pancakes and french toast that no one in the area can compare to that.

I look forward to your evaluation on your return trip after we have addressed all these issues.
Okemah, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hotel looked new ( Very Nice ) Homeless people out front begging for money. Bed cover was dirty ( white with brown stains all over it ) Hallway smelled like raw sewage, with a little in the room. Room air didn't work well, not hot but warm the whole stay. vending machine was empty on our floor.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Curtis D

Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your stay. As a new hotel we are expeienceing up and down issues with our systems and the heat of the area in the summer is letting us know many things that need to be addressed.

You will happy to know we have found the reason for the smell and have addressed this and I think on your next visit you will see a distinctive difference.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lawton? Share your experiences!