“wat” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 18 hotels in Lawton
lawton
“wat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

me and my husband stayed at this hotel for 3mos,coz it's really close to my husbands work.the maids won't clean our room.some people are knocking at your door,asking for some cash or a ride,i heard one of the customers robbed. we payed late once,coz were out for lunch and they already know that we are staying for 2more months,and we can pay,but the staff told us that our stuff will be sitting outside our room if we don't pay right away.no iron's ,clock,u have to buy wifi internet cards,that's cool coz it's a cheap motel,but the rude staff,man,that's ridiculous!
even the maids are so rude! they said they won't clean our room if we are not around,but guess wat? they won't even clean it when we are there,we have to stay outside,we are eating lunch at the room one time,and the maid said"im sorry i can't clean ur room when u guys are here,she just walk away,walk so fast,we don't even have the chance to talk.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

Here you go, short and sweet: made reservation for 5 people to stay in one room. Two towels in room and was told by staff no more were clean. Four pillows in room and told there were no more pillows available. Floor was so dirty that within 10 minutes of walking around the bottoms of my daughters feet were black. The office staff told me I could not get a refund for that night but that they would refund me for the second night we had scheduled to stay. The next morning, we spoke to an acting manager who refunded half of the first nights stay. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone...ever. No free breakfast, no irons or ironing boards, and you have to pay for the wi-fi connection. Unless you are counting change to stay at a hotel, avoid this place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

I am from Ft.Worth, Texas and was recently in Lawton,OK visiting with family and friends. I had called the Lawton Police Department before hand to find a safe, affordable place to stay, I have a 3 year old son and 6 year old daughter and was traveling alone. When I checked in there was a little bit of a wait for my room to be cleaned, but they we're very understanding and accomodated me in excellent time. Every one was great and they also offered to let me see the room before I checked just to re-assure me that the room was nice and clean. I have been to alot of other Motel 6 locations all over the states and travel quite a bit. I have seen some pretty bad Motel 6's in the past year, This location has wood floors, great hospitality, newly remodeled rooms! Yes, maybe they don't have all of the frills but if you want to go pay at any other location in Lawton and pay almost, if not $100 a night and enjoy the frills then so be it. The staff was always prompt with helping me locate somewhere to eat, or directions and finding activities for me and the little one's. I was VERY satisfied with my stay and definately would recommend it to anyone. If you want to see bad and want to complain, try the Super 9.....

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
dawnr1234
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

We stayed 4 nights as we were visiting our son for his graduation from boot camp. We were told that we were getting a renovated room. Well, when we checked in we found that the smoke detector was hanging from the wall. The lights in the room were faulty...one worked the other did not. There was just a few sheets of toilet paper in the bathroom. I asked for an iron and was told that they had one iron that someone had taken and not given back. If they found it, they would call. They didn't call. First shower....cold water only...no hot water. Hot water after the first day was almost scalding even when faucet turned to cold water. We asked for toilet paper and towels and were told to wait until housekeeping made it to our room. They were making the rounds. Signs on the door warn to lock all three locks on door when in room. Not too comforting. Soda machines did not work. However, I'm not a light-weight. I can handle this and don't complain because the people seemed nice overall. The last two nights, there is a party going on in the room next door. Loud carrying on until late at night. Still we don't complain. Last night there, party gets out of hand. Fight starts in parking lot. Police are called. Mirror on someone's car is broken. Police do nothing. Hotel management tells people to calm it down. Calm it down??? Now we complain. We expect to be comped for the night as it is now after midnight and we have yet to be able to sleep. Management says no to comping the room. They suggest that maybe WE should move! Nice, huh? Like I said, I'm not a light-weight, but, come on! I don't think we would stay there again. This is a glorified truck stop and the management needs to improve their customer service skills.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
ft.knox
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

We went there for my son graduation from basic traning, We had 4 rooms and they were not what we expected, no irons no clocks, in the rooms, I would not recommend, this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — only one iron, for the whole hotel
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Estacada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

The hotel has been newly remodeled and very clean. Nice pool, great people, close to the Army base!

• Liked — Close to the base
  • Disliked — Weather (not in control of the hotel I know)
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
OhiO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2007

We requested our three rooms be next to each other. Two were, but the other was as far away as could be from us. The "non-smoking" rooms we booked reeked of smoke as did the towels and bedspreads. The front desk did give us a bottle of spray disinfectant that helped a little. The second and third days the smells were not as noticeable. I believe the staff all smoke which contributed to the smell. The water in the shower did not have an adjustment. It was way too hot especially for the baby that we had with us. No amenities in the room whatsoever. No Kleenex, shampoo or blow-dryer....but there was soap! The iron we borrowed from the desk leaked water all over the clothes we were attempting to iron...However the price was right and overall it served our needs...a place to lay our heads while visiting a loved one at Ft Sill.

• Liked — It's location to Ft Sill
  • Disliked — No perks what so ever
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Lawton? Share your experiences!