“Fun weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Lawton
“Fun weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have never been to Lawton and doing some Discover OK trips. Lawton/Ft. Sill has many things to see and learn about our State and our military. The location is good, and we ate at only local restaurants which isn't too many. The motel was nice, beds were wonderful and overall a nice stay. Would recommend that staff parks somewhere else besides at the entry loading area. For a busy time which I believe is often with military graduation, checking in and out was not easy due to their cars parked in the area. Just a little common courtesy. The lady that work in the breakfast, she is so sweet and helpful to make your breakfast cheerful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights. The Hotel was average but I think pricey for what you get. The pool was tiny and supposed to be heated...broken maybe? Heated pools are not freezing cold. Taking a shower was hard because it was hard to even get water let alone water pressure a couple days. That was the most frustrating part. The breakfast was good but the waffle maker was broken the whole time and they were out of a few things on breakfast bar. Staff was very nice although. Overall average stay.

• Stayed June 2014
baymontsaleslawton, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and leaving our property a review. I do apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. I would have preferred you to have brought your issues to my attention or the my staff's attention before checkout to have given us an opportunity to rectify with you. I do regret that the waffle maker was not available during your stay, the vendor was not able to deliver the waffle maker until Monday.

The properties indoor pool is kept between 72-80 degrees year round in order to accommodate the majority of our guests. However, sometimes the temperature can be hard to adjust during the summer months due to temperatures reaching over 100 during the day and 60's in the evening.

Again, I would like to apologize for any issues that may have endured during your stay and would love for you to give us a second chance. Please, contact me directly for any future reservations and I can assure you, you won't be disappointed.
Arkansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is our second time to stay with Baymont Inn in Lawton, OK. Last time I was so impressed, I couldn't wait to write a review. This time was no different. Spic and Span, friendly, congenial, large spacious room and large comfy bed. Their customer service was over the top. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
baymontsaleslawton, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
The staff and I appreciate all your wonderful comments. Please, don't hesitate to contact the hotel directly for great rates on your return stay. I hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed at the Baymont Inn for 2 nights (almost 3 nights, but we were ready to go home) for our daughter's graduation from bootcamp with the Army. We were very pleased with our stay. The staff was very nice, from those at reception to those cleaning the rooms. Very friendly. The room we had was very clean. I am pretty sure the room we had was recently remodeled. The bathroom was extremely clean, especially the shower. So yes, we got a newly remodeled room :) The air worked well, too well for me, as I am cold natured. lol We had a double (queen) room with a cot added. We used the small refrigerator which worked very well..our drinks were slushy in no time. The bed was too firm for my taste, but I was so tired that I didn't care. (We had a 15 hr drive). The price was not bad at all. Food was good. Pool was well maintained with LOTS of chlorine. It's close to the base and to many restaurants and other businesses. I peaked in the fitness room. There wasn't much to it, but I was not there for exercise.;) I recommend this motel.

Room Tip: I think they are in the process of updating the rooms, so maybe ask for an updated room. Our room wa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
baymontsaleslawton, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
The staff and I would like congratulate your daughter for her recent graduation. I am pleased to hear that my staff's dedication and pride for this brand had made your stay a comfortable one. I would also like to thank you, for the great review the staff received from you. Please, call me directly to set up any future reservations if you will be in town.
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This motel was very lovely. Working in the motel business myself, I looked for all the things I check for on a normal basis. And the place was spotless! No stains from condensation anywhere! Under the beds were immaculate, aside from a fake rose petal. The hot tub in suite 301 was great! And the clerk at the front counter, Chris, was extremely helpful. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lawton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed one night while in Lawton. Will I stay again? Probably not. The upside, the staff at the front were very nice, very helpful. The room was clean.
The downside, the carpets and most of the place could use updating. The pool was in desperate need of cleaning, alot of hair in the water.My kids thought the creek water they had been swimming in earlier in the day was cleaner than the pool water. I don't really like to pay for a safe in the room that I didn't use, but the charge was on my receipt. What REALLY irritated me was when we went down for breakfast at 9:15 I was told breakfast had ended at 9:00. REALLY?! Breakfast over at 9:00? We had to leave and go somewhere else to eat breakfast. Breakfast included was part of the reason we chose Baymont. Very disappointing. Also, I was not impressed with cleaning staff standing at a van outside the front door smoking and gossiping about people. I felt this was in poor taste. Not a horrible place to stay, but I was disappointed overall.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write us a review. I have discussed your concerns with my staff and they are doing everything they can to provide a more positive atmosphere for our guests. The staff and I are pleased to share that the hotel will be getting updated furniture and carpets in the near future.

I do regret that you were not able to enjoy our breakfast, for our guests convenience the breakfast is served daily from 6am-9am and on weekends from 6:30am-9:30am. The staff also provides everyone with a reminder at check in for your convenience.

Again, thank you for the review and if your ever in the Lawton area please contact me directly and I will be happy to work something out with you.

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Lawton? Share your experiences!