“Good Time in Lawton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Kingman, Indiana, United States
“Good Time in Lawton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had a great stay at Baymont, breakfast was always great and Mary was Great to talk to if any help was needed. Will surely be back again, price was good also for three day stay. Service was Good, No issues there. Room was clean and shower was Clean also.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
baymontsaleslawton, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to please all our guests and treat them like part of our family. Mary says thank you for the comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Ms. Betty made our trip SOOOO Wonderful. She took care of us, as we went to to see my son, and his wife at Lawton...such a cool place! Breakfast was the BEST! Ms. Betty used waffle mix to get some gravy off the waffle iron...I would have panicked!!! Lawton was nice, with crazy weather...warm the first day, cold, and very windy, the next day; and cool on our 3rd day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I am glad we were able to provide you a great visit to Lawton. We try to make it comfortable for our guests so they can focus on their visit with your son and family. Look forward to seeing you again if you return for another visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had a 2 day stay in Lawton and decided to stay in this hotel. BREAKfast as the best part of the stay, well stocked, clean, and friendly attendant. The room was clean although there were a few stain on the carpet. The bathroom was clean although when showering the glue under the no-slip mat started pealing up and clogging the drain. The beds were prefect with clean linen and fluffy covers/pillows. WiFi worked great. By boys were in the indoor pool, it was nice but the water was a little cloudy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are currently in a remodeling plan which has been mostly exterior and pool repairs but we soon will start on the lobby area and work our way to the rooms. Carpeting is always our last step so we do not damage it with other repairs.
Tulsa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I made reservations to this hotel, because it happened to be the only place in Lawton that had available rooms. The first call I made I was rudely put on hold and then hung up on "accidentally". I called back the second time and explained that I was hung up on and I needed to reserve that room. Instead of putting me on hold this time, she just set the phone down on the counter and began a conversation with another employee about what she was going to have for dinner. I'm sorry but if this hotel would like a better review they should rethink who they hire to work as their receptionist. Definitely will not come back to this hotel!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

As in any business, you sometimes have a breakdown in employee performance and I will assure you this is a very rare incident. We stress prompt and friendly service to all guests and this issue has been addressed with the employees involved.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Please note that my review is based on staying at a (2-2 1/2) star hotel. I am in no-way comparing this hotel experience to that of staying in a 4 or 5 star hotel.

I was in Lawton Oklahoma three days for an Army graduation at Fort Sill. Me and my wife stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites in Lawton and the hotel served its purpose...a decent place to sleep for an o.k. price.

The Good:
-Clean hotel
-very nice and accommodating staff
-hot breakfast (very bland however with no variety, they served pork sausages with instant eggs, biscuit, and gravy). Also available was cereal, muffins, and yogurt.
-Free parking
-Not far from military base (about 4-6 miles)
-Plenty of restaurants in the area many within walking distance
-O.K. pool
-decent flat screen t.v. with cable
-nice strong FREE internet signal
-small refrigerator and microwave in room

The Bad:
-Price was just o.k. (I personally feel they are a little over priced for a 2 star hotel)
-hotel is a little old...well maintained, but dated.
-Check-out was a little hectic with only one person working the desk

The Baymont Inn and in Lawton Oklahoma is a typical 2 star hotel in that it provided me and my family with the basic amenities needed for a comfortable stay; the hotel was clean and the staff was very accommodating. I would recommend staying if you are in need of an over night stay in Lawton Oklahoma.

Room Tip: Can be a little noisy at night if you have a room in the rear due to K-Mart loading and un-loading
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response to our survey and we appreciate your comments and will take them into effect. Our hotel is in the process of renovation and we can only address certain areas at one time. We strive to provide a varied breakfast that will met a varied group of guests and it is a value added product to our service.

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Lawton? Share your experiences!