“Basic Graduation stay for our son” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Kingston, Ohio
“Basic Graduation stay for our son”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I am so happy that we booked with the Baymont Inn in Lawton for our son's graduation from basic training at Fort Sill. We were only about 5 - 10 minutes from any of the base gates. The hotel was extremely clean and the beds were so comfortable! I usually have problems with hotel beds, but slept very peacefully at the Baymont. The air conditioner worked very well; my husband said I had it set on "snow", but it felt good in the 100+ temps in Lawton! We were on the first floor near the side entrance doors and could not hear people coming or going in and out. The pool was very refreshing and extra towels were provided if needed.
Now for the staff: They were so helpful, upbeat and personable. You felt like you had known them for years. I didn't catch the names of the front desk staff, but they were very eager to answer questions and help with any problems. I had several conversations with Mary, David and Deb and they were like friends from home. Very knowledgeable about the area and told us the easiest way to get to the Witchita Mtn. Wildlife Refuge area. Very nice side trip....take it if you have a few hours to kill. Zachary loved getting away from the base for a little while and just enjoying nature with his family.
Breakfast was great and fresh. Not a cold continental breakfast that you get at most hotels. And the afternoon cookies.............yum, yum! Several nice restaurants are close.
Thanks Baymont Inn for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lawton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Ok so as a Ruff Ryder you travel and stay in alot of hotels...This time time it was our event and BAYMONT INN and SUITES was our "HOST" hotel...We were extremely please with the whole staff from the first people you meet at the front desk to the breakfast room lady "Mary" and the maintenance man who keep an eye on everyones motorcycles and trailers and told us he was on call 24/7 and if we needed anything to have them call. They were always willing to please....Breakfast was awesome.....and the Hotel and grounds including the pool area was very clean....all our guest (close to 100) enjoyed their stay and had nothing bad to say about anyone or anything.....I myself was very please with everyones professionalism, customer service and the cleanliness......BIG BIG Kudos to each and everyone of the staff and Hotel....I do believe we will be seeing you again in 2013........

I can't speak for the other Baymont Hotels but if they all are like the one here in Lawton, OK I will be staying at them....

RUFF RYDERS.....YOU KNOW...

Thank you for everything...and I mean everything.

Nadine aka Na'Na'
L-Town RR
Treasurer

Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I booked the Baymont Lawton as just the cheapest hotel to stay at during our son's Military Graduation. I expected it to be basic, clean sleeping quarters. BOY was I wrong!!! I've stayed in 4 and 5 star Hotels and Baymont Lawton is right there with them! Clean, comfortable rooms and beds. Fantastic breakfast, Heated indoor pool. If you forgot a toiletry.....they have complimentary items. Not just shampoo or soap but also shaving cream, razor, toothbrush, and toothpaste. The staff was fantastic to answer questions, or help you in anyway. Jennie and Debra were Awesome!!! I wish all Hotels were like this one!!!

Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at the Baymont for our son's graduation from bootcamp. It was better than we had hoped for. The staff were all so friendly. Mr. David(maintenance) answered every question we asked and went out of his way to help us find our way around. Mrs. Mary(housekeeping) did an excellent job and again was very friendly. Tammy and Gayle at the front desk printed off maps gave directions and just had wonderful personalities. As for our rooms, we couldn't have asked for anything better. The beds were so comfortable. AC kept the room as cold as we wanted, which was very cold (it was 108 degrees for 2 days of our stay)! Clean, clean!! Every area and room that we went was clean, smelled fresh, looked appealing! Would reccommend this hotel to anyone!! Thanks guys for a GREAT stay!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lawton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

During my recent military temporary of duty (TDY) assignment and non-availability of on-post lodging, I elected to stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Lawton. Among the many choices of hotels Suites available, I elected the Baymont for mainly three reasons. The first is probably the same as many customers, the lodging rate. With the Baymont’s attractive rates, almost anyone can afford to enjoy comfortable lodging with all the amenities of the larger-expensive hotels. Whether it is an overnight stay or a weekend visit, the Baymont’s within cost-efficient reach. The second, was its proximity to the military base (minutes to several access points: Fort Sill) and their fine establishment of food chains; from Red Lobster and Olive Garden, to that of fast-food. Last but lease, I selected the Baymont for its winning customer-service attitude. While at the Inn and Suite, the staff from management (Tammi and Gale) on down to the room assistants (Cora, John, Laurence, Rocinda/ Brittney and Jenny), always conducted themselves in a professional demeanor and met my numerous request on a daily basis. As an added benefit, they have an indoor pool and a limited fitness room. Additionally, they have a fresh courtesy breakfast that is prepare by Debbie and is above reproach, not just your ordinary hard eggs, fruit and cereal, but fresh: eggs, sausage/ toast, biscuits and gravy, fresh waffles, yogurt, coffee and juice. In summary, my tenure of more than 20 years military services has afforded me the opportunity to stay at hotels across the United States and by-far, the Baymont Inn & Suites rates in the top three of fine hotels to stay in. So Next time you are in Lawton, Oklahoma book your next stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites, where every day is a happy stay:}

Room Tip: Peace and Quiet is definitely on the third floor/ nice view!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Prague, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We just stayed at Baymont for the 2nd time this year. Last time it was for 4 weeks in February and this time just for 1 night. I couldn't believe the improvements that had been made since our last stay!! They have repainted the outside of the motel, did MAJOR improvements to the pool area, and had even repainted the rooms. It was very nice! The staff were as friendly and accomodating as ever. This is a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

we stayed at this hotel based on its four-star rating on this website but were quite disappointed. i'm not sure where the high ratings came from - I was expecting a LOT from four stars. i wish i would have dug further and read several reviews. when we drove up, I actually thought the place was new based on what looked to be a fresh coat of paint on the outside. walking in, though, I saw that this wasn't the case.

after my husband checked in, I came in with the kids. I passed the front desk four times going in and out to the car, and not once was there anyone at the desk. related to this safety issue, two of the other entrances that required a key for entry had broken locks and I walked right in. the hall smelled of strong body odor, and the room smelled very musty. the fridge was cracked and flaking inside. the vent in the bathroom (room 110) was covered in rust. the tub nozzle seemed broken in that u could turn it off by rotating it either way. because of that, I nearly burned my hand.

on the positive side, the beds and pillows were very comfy, and the bedding smelled and looked clean and was fluffy and cozy. the a/c worked really well. the shower pressure was good. the breakfast bar was diverse and well-stocked.

just a piece of info, not good or bad, sounds of exploding ordnance could be heard in the a.m. initially, we thought it was thunder. being a former active duty soldier, I know how this goes and actually thought it was cool; but if u want to sleep in, it might be an issue. being that ft. sill is in town, though, I'm not sure this can be avoided.

overall, the room was pretty clean, just old. I see from reading the manager's review responses that reno is ongoing, and I hope that things greatly improve.

• Stayed June 2012
, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking time and reviewing our hotel . I am happy to here that you enjoyed everything from our comfortable beds to our continental breakfast here at The Baymont Hotel Inn & Suites of Lawton Ok. I would also like to say that We here at the Baymont are always trying to make improvements where needed . Guest like you help us in that endeavor.
Even though our Hotel is only 9 yrs. old , we are in the stages of remodeling . We have already completed the outside and are now working on the inside . We have had complications along the way, as anyone does when renovating. Around the time you stayed with us , we had two rooms flood . I am disappointed to hear that there could of possibly been any odor in the hallway or the room you had rented. We have since had the carpet steamed cleaned and will be getting new carpet soon , as the final stages of our remodeling begin .
The safety of our guest comes first and foremost . We do have side doors that our guest are able to enter only with their room key card. If when you stayed with us you were able to "just walk in" ., it would have been because the doors had not been closed all the way. For this reason, our staff members walk the floor every hour to make sure the doors are latched.
We would love to have you come stay with us again when our renovations are complete . And yes , the " thunder " that you thought you heard , was actually the soldier men training in the hills of Ft. Sill . It cannot be avoided if you are staying anywhere in the area of Lawton,. Ft. Sill . Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future .

Regards,

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Lawton? Share your experiences!