“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in Lawton
Fort Worth, Texas
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very friendly staff with super clean rooms. Fast check in with a great breakfast. Overall it was a great stay and would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was our first time with Homewood suites and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you So much! Its truely the guests that make this hotel great. We enjoyed your visit and so honored that you will now be looking for a Homewood Suites on your future travels. Thank you for taking the time to write such amazing remarks and I hope we will see you again soon!
Go 88.....

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Recently had a family reunion and reception at the Homewood in Lawton. Turned out perfect! The staff really went above and beyond to help us out. Some of our rooms had elderly family members and the apartment layout was so helpful. I can't say enough about the helpful staff. From cleaning crew to desk personnel they gave us so much help with set up, reservations, special needs, etc. I highly recommend it to any multi- generational group looking for excellent service.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We are so happy to hear that your stay was "Perfect" that is the greatest comment bestowed on this Team! We love to hear that! Your family was a treat for us as well.. It is always a blessing to recieve guests during "family" time and include us! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this great event.
Schertz, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Overall a good stay, despite a snafu at check in.

I had called while we were still en route to remind the staff that we were checking in very late, after midnight, as was noted at the time of booking. Staff told me "no problem".
We had booked a two bedroom suite for three nights, as we were to be joined by my parents, for our son's Basic Training Graduation.
We arrived at the hotel around 12:15am. My husband ran inside to check in, only to discover they had canceled our room!
He was a bit dumbfounded, seeing as I had called just a few hours earlier and confirmed our late check in would be "no problem".
The gentleman manning the front desk was very apologetic, and able to find us two separate rooms. There were no two bedrooms suites left.
We were exhausted from a long day on the road, and my husband accepted the two rooms as an acceptable answer to the cancellation. My parents were on the first floor, while we were on the fourth.

After arriving in our room, I did a quick check of the room and found long hairs on the bathroom floor. I didn't want to wait for a housekeeper to come clean up, so I just quickly did it myself.......I am a bit skeeved out by other peoples hair. Otherwise the room was clean.
We did have to get bedding brought up for the pull out sofa though.
My husband was also disappointed that there were no cookies and bottled water waiting for us, as he is a HHonors member, but we joked that whoever got our two bedroom must have been thrilled to find them.

We were tired and decided to just put the drama of check in behind us, as we had an early morning graduation event coming up quickly.

Despite the previous night and check in trouble, we did enjoy the rest of our stay. The room was spacious enough for our party of four, and my parents enjoyed their room as well.
Breakfast was typical American hotel breakfast with some hot items, and area kept clean by staff.
The staff was very friendly. My mom enjoys just chatting with people, and the front desk staff were happy to chat with her.
My mom was able to use the business center to check up on her email, she appreciated having access to a computer.

Mom was also excited to find that Homewood provides dinner several nights a week, including wine and beer. They usually stay at La Quinta when traveling, so her stay with us got the wheels turning in her head. I think they may be converts now.

We don't usually get housekeeping, preferring to put out the Do Not Disturb sign, so I cannot comment on housekeeping. They did bring us extra toiletries, which was nice.

Overall, our three night stay was pleasant and I would recommend this hotel to those traveling through the Lawton area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I personally apologize for the room issue... We only have4 of that room type and if a guests extends unfortunatly we are left holding the bag for arriving guests. I assure you that we did not give your room away! The "hair" issue was also resolved with my cleaning Team and thank you for letting me know. It is not perfection all of the time but we are very critical of ourselves and expect perfection from ourselves. Hair of any sorts "Skeeves" me out too!! Please be assured this was amended.

Thank you for the great comments regarding the service as we pride ourselves as the Best at this level. It was our pleasure to host you at this Homewood during your stay and I appreciate you letting me know of the issues. I can not fix if I do not know! We look forward to seeing you again and thank you again for becoming Friends and Family to this Team!
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I would recommend this hotel 110%. I was in the Lawton area for army graduation and the staff were exceptional, so helpful and friendly it was the most enjoyable stay that i have ever experienced. I was very satisfied with my stay and if i ever return to the Lawton area again i will definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wow... Thank you for the 110% !! It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and certainly our pleasure to service you. Thank you for the Outstatnding remarks and all the great things said in the forum! With us it is EVERY GUEST, EVERY TIME... and we thank you for sharing that! We look forward to your next visit and always welcome our new frinds and family back!
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very nice. Would recommend a stay at Homewood Suites! When traveling again, will see if Homewood Suites is available in that area! Felt like staying in an apartment, versus staying in a hotel room. Pleasant staff, very helpful. Great outdoor sitting area, loved that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding our Hotel... We are so glad that your stay was exceptional and that you enjoyed the amenities this Homewood has. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed in this hotel two years ago and were very pleased at that time, so we were glad to get reservations here this trip. Check-in was excellent -- very friendly and efficient. We also had an excellent experience at supper. The wait staff are the best we have ever encountered in a Homewood Suites. There was no tip jar, so we just handed the tip personally.

Breakfast was very good also, even though I just didn't care for the Sausage Burritos -- but the bacon and pastires were excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for the comments regarding this Team. Two Years ago? Wow!! We are so glad we made that impression on you that you returned again after such a period and still recieved exceptional service! You are friends and family to us so please come see us as often as you can! It is our wonderful guests that make us great! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you hopefully before another two years!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed just about 18 hours in this hotel. We were there volunteering at a free dental clinic. The bed was so comfy that I didn't want to get up. The suite was beautiful and clean. Employees were so nice and helpful. A very positive experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It is you we should be thanking.... As part of the "Mission of Mercy" that came to Lawton we are so proud to have you here. We are glad your stay was exceptional and most of all we are glad you came here to stay! All the volunteers for this City Wide Event deserve such gratitude from all those in the community and who you reached out to while here... Thank you again and we are always here for you!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton? Share your experiences!