“Very nice hotel with spacious rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
San Antonio, Texas
“Very nice hotel with spacious rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was my first time at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Nothing too extravagant but the room was very spacious and had nice accomodations. The kitchen was well prepared to handle a long stay with full fridge, stove, dishwasher, and all dishes/utensils. Even the microwave was stocked with microwave popcorn. The coffee pot worked well and, as a seasoned coffee drinker, was rather pleased with how good the coffee was (usually not so in hotel rooms). Everything worked well in the room as well from the shower to the AC/heater. Their cable channel lineup was impressive as well, more than most hotels. The exercise room was quite sufficient, even for a workout fan like myself. Didn't use the laundry facilities but was good to know that they looked modern, clean, and best of all free usage! Just have to purchase your own laundry soap which didn't apply to my 2 night stay. I interacted with 3 staff members while there and all were courteous and professional. No breakfast at the hotel which is a bummer but can't expect it at the bargain I paid for the room rate. Remember, there is a full kitchen in the room so easy to take care of dining needs. The hotel is very close to many restaurants too, including Starbucks :) Parking was easy and well lit so very little to no concerns with vehicle security. I don't believe there was a pool, but they did have a decently stocked pantry with food and personal items, a business center, and WIFI worked well throughout the hotel. Overall an excellent experience and will definitely look to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cleveland, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I travel a lot with his employment so we stay at multiple long stay hotels during the year. This was by far the worst place we have stayed ever. Althought the room was satisfactory the service was definitely not. The employees at the front desk and the management were rude,and disrespectful. We had several issues that we addressed with the management but even when we were personally introduced to the staff over these situations they treated us with disrespect and rudeness. The management kept asking what she could do to make things right and offered us points, dinner on her, etc. When it came down to it she did nothing. We had a neighbor that complained to us about the staff also. He had a leak under his bathroom sink and they "fixed" it four times in one month that he was there. When we left the hotel he moved out to an alternate hotel in Lawton to finish his stay. When we checked out, we were expecting a package to be delivered. We checked with the front desk to see if it would be possible for them to send the package to our next destination. We offered to leave our payment information but they said it would not be necessary. We were going to another Candlewood and gave them the address and our contact information. Over the next several weeks we called to check on our package because we had never received it. I was told that the package was not there only to be told that it was after a second check. I again gave the information for the package to be sent and a contact phone number. My husband called two different times after this and had been given two different dates that the package had been sent to us. He spoke to the manager the last time. We still did not get the package and I again called to find out the situation when the assistant manager (Izzy)told me that they gave the package to the post office to forward it and that was all that they could do. It was no longer their problem and I should call the post office. She became very disrespectful on the phone and when I told her so she hung up on me. I then called back to speak to the manager (Michele) who when I said I would have to escalate this matter she said "do what you have to do, goodbye." Then she also hung up on me. During our conversations they said that they did not have contact information to get in touch with us when they had our information from when we stayed, from when we called, and we went to another candlewood (the address our package was to be sent) which I am sure they had the phone number for. Needless to say we will never stay at this hotel again. During our stay they were also having a big turn around in employees which says that there must be some kind of management issues.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Michele H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lawton Fort Sill, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Mrs. Hullender, Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review. I know how hard it can be traveling away from home and I am truly sorry you didn't enjoy time here with us. I wish you the best in all of your endeavors.

Thanks again,
Michele Hoon
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The hotel and rooms were very clean. Hotel staff was accommodating. But for the price we paid, we could of stayed somewhere better. There was no pool or jacuzzi. The website said hotel overlooked the Wichita Mountains, but we did not have any view (and didn't see mountains anywhere close). The worse was that there was no wifi in our room and every time we called the front desk about it, they acted like it must be our device not picking up. Also, coffee machine was out of service one morning and had to go to local Starbucks for our morning java.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lawton Fort Sill, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Serenity082610,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the value prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We appreciate your kind comments for the staff as well as the high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, and Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Funny thing is I packed expecting an in door pool......ugh no I expected breakfast to be served like most hotels.......ugh no I expected the Wi-Fi to work on the fourth floor.......ugh no If you are on a long extended stay like I was don't stay here.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear CashIsKing2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay in particular with the breakfast service and WIFI connection. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lawton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Without a doubt, this hotel is outstanding. The staff and management really do make make you feel at home. I am a long term guest staying here and will stay here again if it is up to me.
I give it 10 stars.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Killeen, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

First time in an extended stay hotel. Pleased would be a fair statement. I actually came equipped with my own UV light and did my own inspection of the room down to the tiniest of details. Satisfied and relieved, I promptly ingratiate myself. In case you did not know you DO need to do your own periodic cleaning as the cleaning staff only comes once a week. But they do a Thorough cleaning (as long as you don't leave your laundry out). If I could offer an improvement it would most definitely be the gym. Although clean it was definitely in need of upgrade. Especially since it's an extended stay, more attention should be paid to a healthy lifestyle. But very happy overall.

• Stayed November 2013
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for Family Day and graduation ceremony for our daughter. This pet-friendly hotel worked out well for us. The kitchen has full size refrigerator and all we needed. Housekeeping does not come daily and there is no breakfast. The price is right and location is close to what you'll need. We boarded our dog at a boarder during the day at Suites and Treats just outside of town on NW Cache. I would HIGHLY recommend it. Our elderly dog hates to be boarded and he actually liked this place. The owner is very caring. You can leave your dog at the hotel which is very unusual for hotels, but I didn't want his barking to bother other guests. Be warned, mapquest did not give us the best directions. I would have taken Hwy 62 from I-44 and not gone through all the stoplights on NW Cache. Also, every road is called NW even in SE Lawton and the road signs are very difficult to read at night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Lawton Fort Sill? Share your experiences!