“A true extended cacay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Killeen, Texas, United States
“A true extended cacay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

First time in an extended stay hotel. Pleased would be a fair statement. I actually came equipped with my own UV light and did my own inspection of the room down to the tiniest of details. Satisfied and relieved, I promptly ingratiate myself. In case you did not know you DO need to do your own periodic cleaning as the cleaning staff only comes once a week. But they do a Thorough cleaning (as long as you don't leave your laundry out). If I could offer an improvement it would most definitely be the gym. Although clean it was definitely in need of upgrade. Especially since it's an extended stay, more attention should be paid to a healthy lifestyle. But very happy overall.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for Family Day and graduation ceremony for our daughter. This pet-friendly hotel worked out well for us. The kitchen has full size refrigerator and all we needed. Housekeeping does not come daily and there is no breakfast. The price is right and location is close to what you'll need. We boarded our dog at a boarder during the day at Suites and Treats just outside of town on NW Cache. I would HIGHLY recommend it. Our elderly dog hates to be boarded and he actually liked this place. The owner is very caring. You can leave your dog at the hotel which is very unusual for hotels, but I didn't want his barking to bother other guests. Be warned, mapquest did not give us the best directions. I would have taken Hwy 62 from I-44 and not gone through all the stoplights on NW Cache. Also, every road is called NW even in SE Lawton and the road signs are very difficult to read at night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife, my son, and myself stayed here for two nights awaiting our PCS to Hawai'i. I'd have to say, for Lawton, this hotel is very nice! I liked being able do laundry for free. Lost my key and was not charged for it. The desk guy just asked, "would you like another key?" It's fairly new, so it's really clean! The only thing I didn't like was the fact that they don't have pack and plays for kids. If you're reading this candlewood, I recommend you get them :) overall, my stay here was great

• Stayed July 2013
SoDak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This all suites hotel has everything needed to be comfortable for a long-term or short-term stay. The location was convenient for my business trip to Lawton. Since it is geared to long-term stays, not having daily housekeeping felt a bit strange. Being a frequent traveler, I've gotten used to getting into a nicely made bed every night! The room was very clean, the linens and towels were clean and in good condition. No complimentary breakfast offered - they have a pantry with food options. There's a Starbuck's about a block away as well. I felt that the area was safe - there are other businesses nearby, parking lot was well lit. Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tulsa OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights last weekend. One night was complimentary with my IHG Rewards/Priority Rewards Points which is why we chose this location. The other night we paid for. The staff was very friendly and helpful at every turn but the stay itself was just fair. The first room we checked into even my 5 year old grandson asked what smelled. After we had unpacked we found out that it was the garbage disposal which was defective and leaking sour water all over. The front desk staff immediately apologized and moved us to another room. So we packed back up and moved down the hall. That room was problem free. We were provided a $5 voucher for the "cupboard" as a token of apology.

The beds, noise level and cleanliness were perfect. The pillows are very small and I was glad I brought my own as they were cheaply filled and generally uncomfortable.

The location is on the verge of being sketchy for me but it turned out fine. There is no pool at the location and there is no complimentary breakfast. All the shampoo is 2 and 1 with no ocnditioner which was a problem for my hair.

Anyway.. STAFF A+ HOTEL C+

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lawton Fort Sill, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear x2tpd,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

I was delighted to read that after some initial issues with your stay, these were soon sorted and this allowed you to enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for the shortfalls, nevertheless, I am glad that you were satisfied with most of the features provided.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Temple Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

As always, a good stay at Candlewood. We did have one issue with the first room we were given. My wife found multiple hairs on the sheets and blankets, plus some stains. Contacted the front desk and the guy working it quickly brought up new keys for a different room. This employee was very easy to work with and welcoming. Other than this dirty bed, there were no problems. He stated that he was going to report the issue with management.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great location and accommodations with kitchenette. The hotel staff was very professional and courteous. The accessibility to Wal Mart makes it convenient for a long stay. Clean and well kept. Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Away from the elevator