“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Junction City, Kansas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean, the staff was outstanding. Will be staying next trip down. The hotel is located near a few eating places. I wish the cost would have been a little less but over all it was not bad.

Room Tip: clean and neat
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you ever so much for the kind remarks. I am glad you had a good time here at the hotel. We will be waiting until you return. Be safe. Thanks again.
Michael Conley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
nowata, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I plus 3 other couples stayed at SLEEP INN in Lawton while visiting Medicine Park, I was shocked to hear this hotel was 5 yrs old I thought it was brand new, extremly well maintained, clean rooms, excellent breakfast. Right next door to the Harley Dealership so you can drool on those Ha Ha.
I would most definitally stay here again, only problem we had was with the patio furniture, they lock it down at 10 pm but we managed to utilize it. I did a survey a couple of days later mentioned this and the GM emailed me right back and said this would be taken care of and appoligized, WOW We all agree we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Greetings;
We thank you so much for your great comments, we hope you come back to the area. Medicine park has some of the best entertainment throughout the year. Driving to Lawton on your bike and then up into the Wichita Mountains is a great ride. They are adding a new Aquarium this year with many native animals, it looks to be fantastic. I am getting ready to go up there this weekend for the 4th of July. They are having several bands, and the bands will spend the night with us. We greatly appreciate your business, and look forward to you and your friends and maybe even their friends coming to stay with us. BTW, with Wind River Harley just next door you can always get a great deal.
Michael A. Conley
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The staff was very nice on all shifts. I was greeted as a Choice member with a goodie bag. My room was very nice and the bed was great. All of the room was sparkly clean and smelled nice. This hotel rates just as well or better than any hotel in the Choice Group.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor, but I suspect all rooms were equally nice.
Green Features: They were following all of the Sleep Inn and Suite's good practices.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Hello there;
Thank you for the great review. I hope this means you will come and stay with us again. We always like to hear the good things and it pleases me that my staff did their job as they normally do. Thanks Again.
Voorhees, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were originally supposed to stay at their sister-site, Comfort Suites, but were asked if we would mind moving down to the Sleep Inn, because of a large group coming in the next day. I'm glad we said yes, because the Sleep Inn wound up being a very nice hotel. My room was quite spacious and nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable, and there was a good variety of food for the breakfast that's included free. I received a nice surprise on my second night...came back to a bag of goodies and a handwritten thank you note from the management, which was a very nice touch and much appreciated. The only negative thing I can think of is that the front desk person, who was fairly new, could've acted a little more professionally. Hopefully with more experience, he will.

Green Features: Per their request, I tried to help them conserve water by allowing them to just remake the bed and by reusing the bath towels, but they changed them out the second day anyway. By the third day, though, they left my used towels where I left them.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
I am so glad we were able to take you from the Comfort, we appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town. We continue to train the new people and we appreciate your understanding. Have a great day.
St. Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed here with a friend when I traveled to Lawton for my nephew's graduation. I usually stay with family but because of the deluge of out of town family decided to look for a nice hotel to stay. I travel quite a bit for work and personal reasons and have stayed at some very expensive locations and I can say with confidence that this Sleep Inn & Suites in Lawton, OK compares favorably with some of the best. Front desk staff were knowledgable, friendly and extremely helpful. Rooms were clean, quiet and attractive. The beds were comfortable and the AC perfect. Also additional in-room amenities were up to date and appropriately located. And breakfast was amazing! The variety and selection elevated this meal from continental to buffet. I was quite overwhelmed with the selection offered from hot foods like apple cinnamon mini Belgian waffles to fresh fruits and coffee. This stay was epic and I was loathe to leave. Will stay again!

• Stayed May 2014
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Good Morning;
Thank you for the fantastic review. The staff and I are so pleased at your comments. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will return soon. Thank you again for giving us such great scores. Have a great day.
Michael A. Conley
McKinney, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I traveled to Lawton with a friend of mine for her nephew's graduation. We didn't check in until after 8p, and I was surprised we didn't have any trouble as far as the hotel giving our room away. The staff at reception was extremely helpful, even going so far as to suggest places to eat when we arrived. We were starving. Note that there's a lot of construction going on which made it a little difficult to get to the hotel (or anywhere for that matter), but I won't it against Sleep Inn.
Since it was so late at night (9p by the time we left for dinner), we decided to go to a nearby Golden Corral. My experiences with Golden Corral have usually been very poor, but I was pleasantly surprised with the level of service and the freshness and variety of the food. By the time we got back to the room, it was nearly midnight so we were exhausted. No fears that anything in the room was dirty. The bed was nice and comfy, and the bathroom was fully stocked and the water temperature was perfect. The amenities were better than average in my opinion: pool, exercise facility (open till 10p), WiFi, cable, iron/ironing board, coffee maker in room. But the coolest amenity of them all was the Continental Breakfast. The type of spread they had here was not your typical cereal, waffle maker, muffins, oatmeal, coffee, apples, and bananas all though they had all of these too. They had the fresh fruit (strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry), yogurts, hard-boiled eggs, a mini-waffle maker, juice dispenser (that was not diluted like most low to mid tier hotels). While you will spend a little more than you would on, say, a Motel 6 or the like, the little extra spent is well worth the money in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear James;
Thank you for your great comments. I appreciate the time you took out of your day. I am happy to pass along your remarks to the staff. I'm glad you found the Golden Corral and had a good dinner. Thanks also for commenting on our breakfast, this is one of things we think we do the best. We are happy to put out a large amount of fruit, staying healthy and giving our guests options. Have a blessed day, we look forward to your return visit.
Middleburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed here several months ago and gave this hotel a rave review and referred guests to them. Well, I visited again and I was shocked. The staff (Except for Raven) have no customer services skills plus could not answer simple questons. They are too busy texting and eating while standing at the front desk, even with a full lobby of guests. The breakfast host is rude. You try talking to her and she blows you off and never smiles. Breakfast however was good. I walked in my room upon check in to find dirty qtips on the floor in the bathroom and ripped washclothes. The dust is so thick in the public areas. No one cleans up the pool area either...you could kill yourself with all the water on the ground. Oh, but the houseman is out back eating bbq with the guests. I was so disappointed this trip. Will probably stay elsewhere next visit.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere......
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello;
Thank you for your review, I apologize for a less than perfect visit. I have looked around the hotel for the problems you had and I can't for the life of me find them. I wish you had given us the opportunity to solve your problems while here. As a person in the hotel business you must understand that being given the chance to correct our mistakes is our primary goal. I want to comment on several points, there was a lot of water on the pool deck when I went by, but at the same time there was a group of children and their parents enjoying time together. Pool decks generally have a lot of water on them from use, we hope you took care. The houseman you spoke of eating BBQ on the patio is actually a woman, and she has my permission to socialize to an extent with our guests, this is the customer service we try to show. Becky has been mentioned in countless comments for her great service and attitude, I would never change this about her. I will speak to the other members of my staff, and again we apologize for you less than perfect visit. We acknowledge our mistake and take ownership of them. We will make sure to have corrected them. If you should be in our area we would welcome the opportunity to serve you and your family again. I'm sorry your stay was not as good as theirs, we had great comments from them. Have a great day.
Michael Conley

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!