“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Garden City, Kansas
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel was extremely clean, staff was friendly and very helpful! We were there for my sons graduation from basic training. There was plenty of space for my whole family to visit in the dining/ lobby area. The swimming pool kept my niece and nephews entertained. The desk staff made cookies every evening for the guests and were willing to try to accommodate everyone's needs individually

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Melissa;
Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate guests like yourselves that make it a pleasure to meet and serve. I'm so happy your neice and nephew had fun in the pool. It is great to hear that my staff took such great care of all and we love to make our cookies. We hope to see you again in the future. Have a great day.
Michael Conley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here this last weekend for my husbands BCT graduation and it was a really great stay! The staff was SUPER friendly and check in was a breeze. The room was spacious, very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and the air conditioning was a plus! The only thing I would say is there should be a policy put in place where you are allowed to leave the latch in the door so you dont need your keycard to get into the room. The people staying across the hall from me did this the whole weekend and wouldnt lightly close the door, they would almost slam it and it's very loud and not to mention can cause serious damage to the door! Thats the only issue that I had!! I will probably stay here again when I come for his AIT graduation!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Good Morning;
Thank you for the really nice review. We appreciate your staying with us for graduation and hopefully we will se you at the end of AIT. I'm very sorry there were people that just blocked the door and the noise bothered you. I do not care for this practice either as you said it does damage the door, as my staff and I go down the hall we usually pull them shut. Thanks again for the kind words, I will pass them on to the staff. Have a great day.
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here with family for my nephews Army basic training graduating. The courtesy shuttle they provide is wonderful. Becky picked us up, and was more than willing to take us to get dinner or a store before check-in. Tara was at the desk and greeted us warmly. Mike the manager drove us and picked us up to the Army base for family day and graduation. The staff here were friendly and professional. Whenever, we needed a ride they were more than happy to oblige. The breakfast was great, nice variety. Always fresh fruit at the check in desk. They had a social one night for the guests, very nice. Cookies are available in the afternoon, 24 hour coffee. The rooms were impeccable. If I need to travel here again this is the place I would stay

Green Features: They are concerned about water conservation, and recycle.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Good Afternoon;
I see you all made it home safe and sound. It was a pleasure to have you and the family here. I'm so please that we were able to meet or exceed all of your needs. I know the staff will be thrilled to read your comments as I was. We are thankful for the shuttle, that we can take guests like yourselves that do not have or rent a car to Family Day, Graduation, Restaurants, or just over to the mall. We would love to have you come back anytime. Congratulations to your son on his Graduation. Have a great day and thanks for being so kind.
California City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went for our son's Army Graduation. Izzie was so warm, helpful and receiving. We had an issue at the airport with Hertz and she balanced that anxiety out immediately. All the staff members were friendly, helpful and extremely generous. The continental breakfast was something we had NEVER seen before. It was wonderful. The bed was HUGE and amazing. The room was clean, big and the A/C was definitely a blessing. EVERYTHING was WONDERFUL!! We enjoyed the pool. Got road maps. Were shuttled around. Free toothbrush! WOW WOW WOW !!!!

Room Tip: Being on the 1st floor was ideal :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your AWESOME comments. We are so glad you chose our hotel here in Lawton, as a Gold Award winning Choice Hotel for 2013, and a 2013 Tripadvisor Exceptional, both put us in the Top 10%. We like to go the extra mile for our breakfast, again our breakfast ranks highest with Choice properties here in Oklahoma. But it is the guests like yourselves that make us the best we can be. Izzie is a great desk clerk and I will share your comments with her and the rest of the staff. We hope you come back some day to see us. Thanks again for your business, you are greatly appreciated.
Michael A. Conley
Newalla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We spent one night here in July when meeting friends in Lawton for the weekend. The room was nice, the staff friendly and courteous. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Only reason for the average on cleanliness is that our room seemed to have had an unpleasant smell. I have had contact with the manager since returning and he says it has been taking care of. We would try this hotel again if ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hello and thank you for your comments. We appreciate your stay with us and i wih you did not have the problem smell in your room. My housekeeping and maintenance teams have gone over the room several time and used every ounce of muscle to make sure that it is clean and smelling fresh, as it should have to begin with. I hope the rest of your visit went well and should you come back this way we would love to have you stay with us. Please call me personally to make your reservations. Thanks again for your business and my apologies for a less than perfect stay. We will harder to please you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this property on more than one occasion. The rooms are nice, the breakfast is complete, the location is on the interstate but a little tricky to get to. You should be pleased with your stay here. Across the freeway is a casino. The only shortcoming is eating places are little ways away.

• Stayed August 2013
Good Morning;
Thank you for your business and thank you for your comments. I am very glad that you and the family a great time here. In answer to your thought, we are actually 4 years old and very pleased we are aging so well. My staff and I take great pride in our hotel, and strive to make it the best. I do apologize for the lack of name brand eateries, but we do have some of the best small town diners around, we are hoping for more in the future. We do hope should you need to return to Lawton, that we will be your first Choice. Thanks again. Have the best day.
Peyton, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My daughter and I visited this Inn at the end of July, first of of August, 2013, while she had business at the army base. We had a very nice experience. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful - starting with a "goodie bag" of a bottle of water and a bag of microwave popcorn. It was a nice touch. The lobby was very nice and comfortable as was our room. Everything was clean and fresh and all appliances - microwave, refrigerator, air conditioner (over 100 degrees outside) were working well. This Sleep Inn, in addition to a wonderful array for breakfast (and really fresh eggs and meats), also had two nights of dinner - Tuesday was meatball subs and Thrusday was hot dogs and chili. We didn't partake of these as we had other plans, but it was very nice to have this option - I am sure that guests with small children especially would really appreciate it. The indoor pool was clean and welcoming and well supplied with towels and very nice with the outside heat. We stayed at the Sleep Inn in Edmond, OK and it was OK, but not nearly as good.

The only complaint I have is not with this particular inn, but with the parent company policy. In Edmond, they actually had a little card sitting on the counter - at the Lawton Sleep Inn, it is listed at the back of the guest information book: It starts out saying that guests really like their furnishings - sheets, towels, lamps, etc. It lists the prices of these if guests would like to "purchase" them (nothing special - white sheets/towels, etc.). Then they go on to says that housekeeping is responsible for the rooms and if anything is missing, they will assume the guest "purchased" that item(s) and the cost of that item will be added to the guest's credit card. Huh??? How dare they! We check out early in the morning, housekeeping may not come in for hours - anyone on the staff - from the desk, housekeeping, maintanence, etc. - could have been in there. They have no right to accuse anyone of thief without proof. When I was younger and still renting apartments, then houses, I learned very quickly to make a checklist of damages, etc. when I moved in, did a walk thru and the same when I moved out. A friend of mine had a bad experience where the landlord actually damaged the linoleum floor and blamed the tenant so they could replace the dated floor. Luckily she had taken pictures when she moved out. When I checked out of the motel, I had a staff member (from housekeeping) come to the room, check all items and sign a release that nothing was missing and nothing could be added to the bill. This Sleep Inn was very accomendating and had no problem with doing this (not so with the motel in Edmond).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hello Lynne;
Thank you for your comments on the hotel, we work very hard to keep everything working great and again it is guests like you and your daughter that make our jobs easier. To expalin the card concerning the things in the guest room, the easiest way is to say...cost. With all the upgrades to hotel rooms the cost of furnishings has greatly risen. There is what we consider the standard cost of hotel operations, including sheets and towels that get worn. The major costs are the replaements, which can not be done individually they are only sold in bulk and to replace one or two we might have to buy a dozen. I would estimat that 99.9% of all guest never even consider taking something, that is the way we were raised, but there is that .1% that will. We will continue to serve our guests and if they, like you, want someone to check the room at the end of their stay we are more than happy to. I'm sure the Sleep Inn in Edmond would have done the same, they might have been confused on the question. I greatly apprecaite your business and comments. I would hope you will be back sometime to Lawton, and will have a room ready for you. Have the best day.
Michael A. Conley

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!