“Very Pleasant and Tidy” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Very Pleasant and Tidy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

WE LOVE THE SELECTION OF ALL THE FRESH FRUIT. MIchael and his staff where very friendly and kind. Sleep in has a shuttle that will take you anywhere in Lawton and that is very helpful. The hotel is wonderfully upgraded and clean. No damage and very nit and tidy. We where there for 3 nights and enjoyed every night. Mike the GM made our stay very pleasant. If i ever am in Lawton again, I will definitely be staying at the Sleep Inn

Room Tip: Lawton isnt a good tourist city.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Kardokh, it was a pleasure to meet you and Stephanie. I hope your trip here was enjoyable and that you take back great memories. It is always great to meet nice people. We were glad we could take you around town in the free shuttle. I am very happy you enjoyed all the fruit on the breakfast buffet, we do pride ourselves on the entire breakfast. Thanks for all the great comments, I will pass them on to the rest of the staff. If you ever get to return to Lawton, we will be waiting, have a great day and thanks again.
Michael Conley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in several hotels in a short period of time. This Sleep Inn was definitely the best.
It was clean, comfortable, well laid out. Had the best breakfast I had seen in a long time. The staff did all they could to make sure you were taken care of. I just dropped in off the highway and was pleasantly surprised. The week before I was at a convention in hotel that cost a lot more and was not as nice, nor did they serve breakfast. Thank you staff for a pleasant night of rest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Arthur;
Thanks for the great comments. I am so glad you found our hotel. I am thrilled when we can show guests how great a small property can be. We pride ourselves on our breakfast and our rooms. I want to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know we did a good job. Again, I really appreciate your comments and I will definetly share them with the staff. Should you have the need to come back through Lawton, please stop in we would love to see you again. Have the best day.
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This was our 1st time to Lawton, OK. There are a number of hotels in the area, but we are glad we chose this one. I must say, our 1st room had strong room spray scent, and being asthmatic this was unacceptable. We told the lady @ the front desk& without hesitation, she changed our room & it was terrific.It was larger & less expensive. Highly recommend

• Stayed June 2013
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words. Raven, the clerk on that night left me a note. I am so glad to hear that she took great care of you. I am still trying to figure out the heavy smell you noticed as we try to use very light fragrances in our rooms, just for you guests like yourself that for any reason do not use strong perfumes. We greatly appreciate your business and I will pass on your remarks to the staff especially Raven. We look forward to a return visit someday, have the best day. Thanks again.
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night - its in a cluster of other motels. We didn't get off to the best start when we were trying to park our car in the carpark and a large part of it was blocked as there were four police cars there with the officers arresting a couple of people!

The hotel is one of the newer Sleep Inns with modern furnishings. The room was of a good size but it wasn't as clean as I would have liked. The sheets, towels and bathroom were fine but the carpet could have done with a more thorough hoover. There were bits on the floor including sweet wrappers and popcorn. The lift probably would be better off with laminate rather than carpet as well as this was dirty too.

The sound proofing in this hotel was poor - we would easily hear the conversations going on next door...which wasn't great at 0130 in the morning. We did let front desk know though, and they did act on it. It was then fairly quiet for a few hours until the room the other side let there door bang what must have been 10 times as they packed up the luggage trolley and then an hour or so later housekeeping started shouting up and down the corridor! The ultra powerful flush on the toilet was also very noisy so we could hear this from all surrounding rooms.

Sleep Inn normally have good showers - so I had high hopes as this one was a walk in one rather than over the bath. However there was no power in it at all - the water really struggled to come out - only one of the different sprays was any good but then it only had jets around the edge and not the middle. A bit disappointing.

I know the hotel can't do anything about noisy guests - that's the guests own lack of respect of others. A better shower and better cleaning would easily push this hotel to 4 or 5 out of 5.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hello;
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us a review. I greatly appreciate your comments as I can use them for training. If there is a way you can contact me back at michael.conley@sleepinnlawtonok.com , I am interested to know if possible the room number you were in, this way I can check the shower head and get it replaced. I apologize for the inconvenience of the room noise, as you said some people just don't care about others. I hope to get everything corrected very quickly and again I want to thank you for letting me know of our faults. We do pride ourselves on our rooms and this is not acceptable. We hope should you be in the Lawton area again, you will give us a second chance. I look foward to hearing from you.
Russell, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for three nights during my daughter's graduation form Army basic training. The service was excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were AWESOME, really top among the various places I've stayed. The facilities and rooms were clean and well kept. I can't say enough great things about this hotel. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Jill;
Thank you for your AWESOME review. I shared your comments with the staff and that always puts a smile on their face. In addition to our Choice Hotels Gold Award we also have our Award of Excellence from trip advisor, both put us in the top 10%. We appreciate our guests and look forward to serving them. I am so glad you were able to make it in for graduation. I wish you and your family joy and happiness, and we hope if you should be in the Lawton area again you stay with us. Thanks again, for the great comments.
Michael A. Conley / General Manager
Branson West, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were there as many before us for our son's graduation along with our 2 younger boys. They went above and beyond including our housekeeper who searched for a roll-away bed while our oldest son was on his two day pass! They had hot cookies and ice tea out for guests during the day, which were both greatly appreciated. The staff at this hotel needs a pat on the back, as they were fantastic! We will be staying here again in 6 weeks for the AIT graduation as well!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Good morning;
Thank you very much for your great review. We really appreciate all comments sent to us. I am so glad your sons graduation went off so well and we will look for your return for the next one. It is guests like you and your family that make this such a pleasure. In addition to our cookies and tea on Tuesday and Thursday we have our guest appreciation dinner, it is a light menu but much better than a snack. In the next couple of weeks we will be adding beer and soda to our appreciation nights. You may already know we have been chosen as a Choice Hotels Gold Award winning property, but Trip Advisor just picked us as one of their 2013 Certificate of Excellence properties. Thanks again for your comments, we will see you soon.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

As have many others before us, we too came to attend our son's graduation from the Army basic training. This was a very nice hotel, nice clean rooms, great breakfast and evening snacks. The personal was very helpful with our every need. They will make your stay enjoyable.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello, and thank you for your most kind remarks. We appreciate your business. It is always fantastic to hear how great our staff is and that they took care of your needs while here. It is great guests like you that made us a Gold Award winner this year and hopefully a Platinum winner next. We wish your son the best of luck in the Army, and we hope if you are in Lawton, you will think of us. Have a great day, again thank you for the comments.
Michael A. Conley

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!