“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Ohio
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel every year for the past 3 years, and I just made my reservation for the 4th. I think that any drawbacks to the hotel can be due to the fact that it is used for families who are coming through for the graduations of our military. Because of that, the weekends are usually filled with families, including small children who can be messy (especially around the free breakfasts!) That being said, I have a great time every time I check in; the manager, Candy, the desk folks (Tiffany and Jeri, to name two) are very helpful and fun, and they make cookies every day. My room is spacious, updated and clean; I feel safe, and parking has not been an issue. My stay is for 2 weeks at a time, and it is a very pleasant one. To everyone who has encountered an issue, just bring it to the front desk; they are VERY accomodating!

Room Tip: I like a sound sleep, so I ask to be away from the elevators, and on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I am not one to post reviews , but I hope it helps any family going in for BCT graduation at Fort Sill. We stayed for 3 nights and the room was always clean. Housekeeping was quick and thorough, each day. Beds were so comfortable. Bathroom was nice and clean. The hotel is close to a mall with lots of restaurants. And close distance to Fort Sill and Mc Mahon Auditorium. Breakfast was good with a wide variety. And pool was ok but small and bottom paint is peeling but doable. All in all, a great stay at a great price.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
McVeytown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The desk clerk was friendly and fast. The room we stayed in here was nice but not real clean. There was dust all over the furniture and the bed skirt was torn. The room did have comfortable beds and was furnished with a microwave and fridge. The fridge wasn't very clean either . Would have been a great room if it was cleaner. The indoor pool was very small but the water was clean and warm. The bottom of the pool had some type of coating which was peeling off ( a little off putting). this would be a nice place if they would just clean it up a little.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Onalaska, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Good location and nice rooms. Nothing too special. The front desk was stingy with things like towels. We had 6 people, they offered us 2 extra towels. The room itself was just so-so. The bathroom needed some help (cracks and peeling wall covers) and the bedding had some tears in it. It was clean, but worn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
El Paso
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I travel to Lawton regularly and tend to stay at Choice hotels, but this hotel is quickly leading me to other locations. Although the staff is by far the most courteous and frienliest hotel staff I have ever encountered and the rooms are immacculant the advertised fitness facilities have been broken or in disarray on each of my six trips to the area over the last twelve months. If fitness is important you may want to look else where

Room Tip: rooms to the east are quiter
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

14.5 drive from Atlanta Georgia and the pleasure to stay here was worth it!!! Nice hotel and staff was great!! Will be staying here on next trip!! The surrounding area was nice. Weather there is very funny and weird. One minute its hot and the next its cold and very windy . Enjoyed the trip with family.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I were in town to visit relatives and needed a place to unwind after a day of visiting and sight-seeing. Booked through the hotel website and got a decent rate for the King room with Jacuzzi tub. However, we were so exhausted by the time we got there, we went straight to bed. So I can't give you an evaluation of the Jacuzzi. The room was clean and comfortable. Starting to show some wear, but not bad. Front desk was very polite and helpful at check-in. They had some chocolate chip cookies that were pretty incredible for "front desk cookies!" Breakfast was good, nothing special, standard fare. Bottom line...a good stay for us. We will stay there again the next time we travel to Lawton. (But won't pay extra for the Jacuzzi suite next time.)

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and we did hear noise above us. Next time we will stay in an upstairs roo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!