“Short Stay at SpringHill Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
“Short Stay at SpringHill Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Had a one night stay at SpringHill in Lawton...the staff person when we checked in was excellent - pleasant and efficient. Room was nice, bed and pillows were comfortable. The breakfast was amazing! There were many choices with some items I have not seen at other complimentary hotel breakfasts (individual packages of Nutella-YUM).

One minor issue - the bathroom floor was not quite clean - since we arrived late, we did not notice it until the next morning so we didn't give the hotel a heads up about it or a chance to make it right.

A decent stay for the price.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Very nice room, friendly desk staff on check in, standard breakfast, just what you would expect. Had an extra pillow on the bed from my profile with Marriott and put me on the bottom floor. No issues.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Avoca, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed over Thanksgiving week for our son's graduation from basic training. The pro's to this hotel is: the free breakfast was good, easy on and off access to interstate to get to Fort Sill, close and easy access to the local mall and restaurants(for down time) Cons: the beds were ok(bedding was great, just could use more cush on the mattress part), rooms are not sound proof. We could hear the guy in the next room talking on his phone, and all the people walking by down the hall. The biggest complaint would be the inside room noise. The refrigerator made noises throughout the night in both rooms(ticking/breathing) and in one room, their was "a blowing wind" noise from outside coming through the heater vents? Overall it was a nice stay, staff was friendly, and we would probably stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

First time stay in this particular hotel and had a great experience. The staff was very professional and friendly and accomodating. The room was great for a weeks stay for business. Appreciated having HBO and Showtime since I do not have those channels at home. Loved the breakfast every morning and the freshbaked cookies when I returned in the evenings. The decor was very nice, bright and open and inviting. I would definitely stay here again. Great customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ansonia, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I made a reservation online for a military graduation...unfortunately (and admittedly) I made a mistake and hastily accepted a non-refundable reservation--I thought I was getting the employee Friends & Family rate which I use frequently. The rest of my family booked the neighboring Fairfield Inn (they are both on the same property), so I cancelled and re-booked there to be with my family. Upon noticing that my credit card was billed and not credited after the cancellation, I called the hotel. The front desk personnel were polite and relatively helpful but the said the General Manager had to authorize the credit. After 3 messages and 5 phone calls, I finally spoke to him. He was extremely rude, unprofessional and quick to point out my error--which I had already admitted. He offered nothing in the form of options or compensation for future stays...apparently being a Rewards member means nothing to this hotel or Marriott customer service. He refused any type of credit or compensation and did not seem at all interested in satisfying a customer. If you are traveling to Lawton, you're probably going to attend a military function at Fort Sill (because there's NOTHING else to do there)...do yourself a favor and try any of the other hotels in the area...they are all literally walking distance from each other. Like a previous comment posted here, the neighboring Fairfield Inn had hot water issues too and our bathroom wasn't cleaned or towels replaced.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Ron S,

I read your comments regarding your stay here and would like to apologize that my remarks seemed rude and unprofessional. The description of the rate that you reserved online states: "Advance Purchase rate, prepay in full, non-refundable, no changes". During the reservation process it repeats this policy twice before you complete the booking. I have made exceptions based on different conditions and refunded these fees for guests in the past. Your request for a refund was so that your Marriott employee discount could be used at an alternate hotel for the same dates. As a Marriott employee you certainly understand refunds for an advance payment reservation typically follow unique situations. My decision to follow the payment policy in the reservation was due to this fact. There was an option for you to keep this paid reservation and cancel the one you made with the employee discount. You chose not to use that option.

I do hope in the future you are able to return to Lawton Fort Sill when you have time to experience our unique surroundings. Lawton is home to Fort Sill, the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge, award winning museums, water park, casinos, and we have a very diverse art community. It will be my pleasure to personally make a reservation for you and offer some ideas of how to tour our city.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here and while the employees were nice, the overall stay was terrible! The room had a awful odor, and the hot water didn't work. I was told that there is only 1 water heater that worked for the entire hotel!!! That goes to show you how cheap this hotel is, the paint is old, the gym is not functional, the air conditioner is old, and the key card isn't worth a flip. When asked if I could get some kind of discount for all the trouble I had, the guy at the front said the manager is the only one who can authorize that, and they are off. What a surprise, I doubt that the manager ever works by the way this hotel poorly operates. I Love Marriott hotels, but staying here is seriously doubting that assumption.
Please, if you have other lodging options, pick them, because this is a nightmare of a hotel.
P. S. I am a rewards member, and have stayed at many hotels and this hotel is the worst I have ever stayed at, avoid it like the plague

• Stayed November 2013
SpringHill Suit... L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Qewr,

I would like to take a moment to respond to your comments regarding your stay here. First I want to apologize that you encountered so many problems during your stay. The lack of hot water was a challenge for us during your visit. The challenge was that one water heater was not working, leaving the other three to carry the load. With the high occupancy at the time of your stay the remaining tanks were not able to keep up. I am looking in to why you were not able to speak to a manager when the problem was reported and apologize that someone did not respond. We do have management coverage every day of the week and myself or my assistant should have been here to help resolve this for you.

As a Marriott hotel we do strive to maintain a clean, well functioning hotel that meets the standards of our guests and the Marriott family of hotels. We recently completed a renovation of the entire property that includes new paint, wall vinyl, carpet, fixtures, artwork, and many other items. I can assure you the expense and upkeep of these items is not taken lightly.

I apologize again for the issues you encountered, and thank you for taking the time to bring them to my attention.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed one night while visiting our son at Ft Sill. Convenient location to the casino with a Cracker Barrel next door. Large clean rooms with friendly helpful staff. Most of the newer commercial development (stores and restaurants) are a few miles away on the west side of town.

• Stayed November 2013
SpringHill Suit... L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
bankscottage,

Thank you for the review you have posted here. It has been said the key to success is location, location , location. Your comments tell us that we got that right. I hope you will choose to stay with us if you make it back to Lawton again.

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott? Share your experiences!