“Renewed pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
Lawton, Oklahoma, United States
“Renewed pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The new digs were great, same great service. Families can dine on a more family friendly area while adults can have intimate conversation and enjoy some spirits without the children. Excellent new arrangement.

Visited April 2013

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great flavor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I saw this place in the web and decided to check it out. The taste of the food was great, after having lived in Europe I tend to criticize Mediterranean food more often than others. The only thing missing, ouzo! They don't serve it. The Turkish coffee was as always like rocket fuel. Everyone should go and try it. The cost is on the expensive side.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food in lawton!! Rare to get great food and service in this town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our last week in Lawton. We tried el greco based on tripadvisor reviews. Wow! In case you missed, WOW!! We had about given up on restaurants in Lawton. Decided reviews where good. We got the sampler and drinks to start with. Relaxed and enjoyed the food. More and more people came so was busy. For entree we chose the 'el Greco' for two. Great !

We did ask for additional drinks and pita bread. It took awhile since one waiter and several customers. The waiter apologized for being a liitle slow but was not a problem for us! Service was more than adequate....

The only feedback was price a little high. However since we don't see any other restaurant with same level of service and food... it is worth it.

We will be back! This is now our favorite in Lawton.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lawton, Oklahoma
“great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I visited this place with my wife and had a great time. I'll recommend to anyone in this area. They offer a special hide away for couple who want or require a little more privicy. Food was excellent.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Schertz, Texas
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

While in town for our son's basic training graduation, we were looking for a nice restaurant to take everyone out for Valentine's day dinner. We did a quick search on TripAdvisor, and read the reviews on El Greco and decided to give it a try.

We called to ask if they took reservations, and the woman who answered said normally they do not, but would make an exception for my husband since he was so nice on the phone.

One of my son's drill sergeants asked us where we would be having dinner, and she was skeptical since she had not heard of the restuarant and had been in the area few years . Well, we were able to report back that food and service were excellent!

The exterior of the building holds no charms, in fact it's the kind of place I would likely pass by.
A real lesson in not judging a book by its cover!

We arrived for our reservation, to find the restaurant largely empty. We were seated at two different tables, so that our son and his girlfriend could enjoy a semi-private dinner for two on Valentine's Day.
For the holiday, they were serving from a pre fixe menu, with four or five special selections for two, including dessert.
At our table, our party of five enjoyed the appetizer sampler to start. Stuffed grape leaves, spanakopita, falafel, fresh pita bread and tzatziki, as well as a cheese wrapped in phyllo dough. All tasty and handmade.
For entrees, my parents shared the El Greco, which was a sampler of greek meatballs, gyro meat, and something else......I forget. They had an orzo rice with their entrees.
My husband and I shared a gyro sandwhich, fried potatos, and green beans. The beans were seasoned with herbs and everything was quite tasty. It was a lot of food, and I could not even finish half of the gyro. Our daughter had chicken piccata, with orzo rice. She barely made a dent in it. It too was very tasty.
All meals came with a large salad with viniagrette. Dessert was a layered parfait of chocolate mousse, brownie, fresh berries and cream.

By the time we had finished with our appetizer, the restaurant had started to fill up and when we left, most tables were full.
Our service was excellent and every dish was made in the kitchen, nothing pre-made like you find in many chain restaurants.
We would recommend this restaurant in Lawton to anyone looking to get away from the chain restaurants scattered about the town.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to El Greco? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage El Greco, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.