“Average Motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Idabel

Quality Inn Idabel
You added Quality Inn Idabel to your Saves list
Quality Inn Idabel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 NW Texas Street Hwy 70 West, PO Box 1498, Idabel, OK 74745-1498   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Idabel
Phoenix, Arizona
“Average Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I recently stayed one night at this property. I want to start out by saying that the hotel staff was very friendly and eager to answer any questions we had about places to eat or see while we were in Idabel. The room itself was very basic and the bed comfortable. I remember reading other reviews before staying there about it being right off the highway. While it made it extremely easy to locate, the traffic noise can be an issue. The acoustics were not very good which made having a room right against the parking lot a negative experience for me. I probably would not stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from highway and parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fort worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My room was clean, so were the microwave oven and mini fridge, though the freezer did not work.
The bathroom tub "grab-bar" was falling off the wall ( one of four screws was not properly anchored.)
The flange that hides the hole where the shower head water supply pipe was not secured to the wall, exposing the hole in the wall.
The sheets had a cigarette burn. It was not changed, though it was requested.
We went to breakfast and brought it back to our room to find that the door had opened on its own. It turns out that we must carefully close the door, otherwise the lock will not engage and anyone can simply push on the door and it will open.
At least it was quiet during our two-night stay.
Breakfast was bad--- it looks like sausage but what is it?
Looks like eggs...
No bacon.
Best things were the items NOT prepared there, i.e. bagels and yogurt. Coffee was ok.
The staff were friendly but appeared to only do the bare minimum to help anyone.
The lobby is clean and neat.
The property needs a remodel as it shows its age and there is bird droppings all over the railings--its been there awhile.
I would pick a different motel if I am back in this area in the future.

Stayed there only because the rest of the group I was traveling with picked it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Orange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I would just like to say that we stay two nights every month in Idabel at the Quality Inn. The staff is very friendly, rooms clean and they have a full breakfast. I would like to say that the manager, who is Jay Patel is very helpful and friendly. He will help you in anyway he can.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Idabel and would definitely stay there next time I am in town. The rooms are clean and pleasant, and the breakfast is better than usual. What most distinguished the hotel, though, was the friendly and helpful staff. When I had trouble getting into the computer provided by the hotel, the desk attendant allowed me to use his personal laptop to check for some information I needed. After I had checked out of the hotel and was a couple hundred miles away, I realized I had left my cellphone charger in the room. I called the hotel and they mailed it to my home address at no charge to me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
letapyaj, Manager at Quality Inn Idabel, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
First of all, i would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Quality Inn. I am so very pleased that our staff was able to meet all your needs and make you feel so comfortable as our guest. We strive to put forth the effort it takes to make each and every guest happy. Once again, thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in our area.
Jenks, OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Made my reservation through Choice Hotels. Arrived about 10:00 PM for a 2 night stay. Lobby was over 90 degrees and they said the air was out in there and had been for a week! Checked in and was told that the King room I ordered was available without a roll a way for our son. I was offered a room with 2 double beds but ther is no way I would fit on a double bed comfortably with another. Had to ask for something else and ended up having to rent the King room for my wife and I and the double for my son. The loveseat had a huge bllod stain on the cushion and was well work and torn up. The room was fairly clean unlike the double that had partially open chip bags in a drawer. The GM was supposed to call me the next morning regarding the rollaway. He never called. We stayed the 2nd night and I asked to see the manager the morning I checked out. He told me that even though I made the reservation online, I should have called to make sure the roll a way bed was available. (they only have 3). He denied any fault and would not make it right. He said he would make some calls to see what he could do. I told him that I was going to go back through Choice Hotels and also rate this hotel online and that the publicity he got would not be good. Finally he agreed to comp one room for one night only and said that I should be happy with what I got. He was very arrogant and not a good business person.
I was also told by him that his housekeepers check each room and that they cannot be responsible for spill things on furniture. I told him that I would call the health department and see what they had to say about the blood on the sofa. He did turn down the offer I made to bring the cushion to the lobby during breakfast to show him that it was indeed very dirty and blood stained. I have pictures but they are too gross to post.
I will only stay at choice hotels when travelling but never again will I stay at this one. It is an old Holiday Inn and the desks in the rooms actually sag and are very shaky. It is not the Quality I have come to expect in the Choice Hotel chains.
They claim to have Wi-Fi, but I was as close to the office as you can be and still the signal was poor.

Room Tip: Look at the room before renting.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
letapyaj, Manager at Quality Inn Idabel, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
First of all, I would like to sincerly apoligize for the experience you had when staying at our hotel during you visit t the Idabel area. I do appreciate you taking the time to review the Quality Inn and please know that we have mad housekeeping, and staff aware of your issues. Your review has helped us to know where we need to make changes to better accommodate our guests. The experience you had is not typical for our hotel, and again, I would like to apoligize for any incovenience this may have caused you. We value you as our guest and strive to make each and every guest comfortable and satisfied with their stay.

Travelers are raving about these Idabel hotels

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

My friend and I stayed at this hotel in February of 2011. The lobby was nice, the room was clean, the Internet worked. The hot breakfast was wonderful! We will stay here when we are in the area. It is an older hotel, but don't let the exterior fool you.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Quality Inn. Our Front Desk and Housekeeping staff work hard to accomodate all of our guests, and always like to know when they have done a good job. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we hope to see you again when you are in the Idabel area.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I had a wonderful experience staying at the hotel. Right from the moment we walked in we were greeted by and very friendly and helpful young lady working behind the front dest. The room was very clean as so was the public areas of the hotel. They served warm breakfast in the morning and it was delicious! The hotel owner/manager was also in the breakfast area and he was very friendly also, I would definately recommend this hotel. The only thing was I wished there were resturants within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
First of all, i would like to say thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our staff strive to put forth friendly and professional customer service. We value each and everyone of our guests and am so glad we were able to meet your expectations. Once again, thank you for taking time to review your stay, and we hope to see you again when you are in our area.

Been to Quality Inn Idabel? Share your experiences!