“Refuge from the rain” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Idabel
“Refuge from the rain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The staff was lovely, the room was very comfy, as were the beds. They let us park our motorbikes under the awning, out of the 22 hours of torrential rain and storms.
We watched films on cable TV, and hunkered down out of the weather, we could have stopped at way worse places, we were glad it was here. Quiet, very clean, very comfortable bed and linens, good free breakfast in the morning. Rested, happy and fed for the long ride home.
Good value....ignore the negative comments, this place has been remodeled and is very nice.

Room Tip: Upstairs at the back. Room 212 was nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Parimal P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your great experience. We work hard to ensure everyone has a great stay. Next time you are in the area hopefully you can come and the weather will be better so you may enjoy the great natural beauty around our area. Please let us know if we can help with a future stay. Thank you so much

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed there four nights, on the first night there was an older woman working, didn't get her name but she was extremely unfriendly which was mind-blowing considering she has a customer service job, I am also an employee at a hotel and that kind of attitude towards a guest would never fly, I was defiantly disappointed by that, I didn't feel welcome at all, she was there again in the morning when we checked out and seemed to be in a slightly better mood but still didn't feel welcome. We decided to extend our stay later in the day and checked in later that night, the woman who checked us in then (long back hair) was extremely friendly, big smile on her face right when we walked in and we felt so welcome, how it should be! The room was very good, we had a king suite, it was clean and couldn't have asked for more. Breakfast was great with plenty to eat and something for everyone! I have no complaints about this hotel, besides the first woman who checked us in (with a gray? mullet). If we ever are back in Idabel we would stay again and hope for a friendly check in & check out from every employee.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Parimal P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I would also like to make sure that all of our staff will be at their best at all times. I have spoken to our staff they are all on the same page for us to earn your business in the future.

Emmaus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This motel was very nice. Our room was large and clean, and the beds were quite comfortable. There was also a very good breakfast. It is in a fairly rural area that is nice and quiet and has lots of places to walk your dog.

We had a bit of trouble finding it, since Idabel has US 70, Business US 70, and Bypass US 70, so the directions to the motel were a bit confusing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so happy you enjoyed the stay and being a pet friendly hotel in a rural area has its advantages. We will try to clear up any direction confusion for others who might be having the same problem. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Honestly I've stayed here a couple times. I've also stay at other area hotels in broken bow. BW and micro! This is the only hotel in the area to stay at!!! It's clean and comfortable the breakfast is good and honestly I've never get these reviewers who go on and about the staff. I stay out 150-160 nights a year and I really rarely have to deal with the staff at a hotel! This hotel isn't overly friendly but they do a great job with breakfast and cleaning! I'm fine with that!! There is NOTHING wrong with this hotel! Its very nice. It's as good as any comfort suites. If your in the area this is the only hotel to stay at!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I spent three nights here. The service was excellent. It is close to great eating places. It was close to my conference location. The cleaning staff were friendly and most helpful. I would stay here without any hesitation. Clean, great staff at the desk

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Flower Mound, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one evening on our way from the Dallas area to Tahlequah, Oklahoma. The front desk staff member was pleasant, and quickly booked us a room on the 2nd floor. When we walked in, we saw all the bed pillows piled in a big heap in the center of the bed and were without pillowcases. I phoned the front desk and was asked if I was sure they were without pillowcases. My reply was, do your pillowcases have zippers? She said no, and apologized, and booked us into another room, this time on the first floor.

The room they gave us was a suite with a nice somewhat large sitting room that had its own television. The room was very dark and the lighting not very good. But we could see that there was a splotch of paint on a wall that obviously didn't belong there, and none of the walls had the cove base installed (and that was the case also in the first room we were in on the 2nd floor), so the room was not finished with a remodel.

But what made it really poor was when we headed off to bed, my husband was walking in his stocking feet through the bedroom area, and the carpet was wet the entire length of the long dresser opposite the foot of the bed. It was so late at this point, and we were tired from our trip, that just tried to avoid that area rather than ask for another room.

Breakfast was also a disappointment. Both coffee urns were empty (regular and decaf), the cheese "omelets" were dry and crispy on the bottoms, the sausage looked like it had been microwaved and not pan sauteed.

There aren't many choices in this small town, but I would try another hotel next time we're in this area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

None of the members of the staff, at check in, check out and at breakfast, showed any passion for her/his work and.none of them did take any effort to make feel my wife and me at home. we were treated like a burden instead of valuable guests. No eye contact, not a friendly word, even not a single word more than strictly required. The suite was not a suite at all, even not a partial room divider. Only the presence of a narrow 2-seat sofa instead of an armchair justified the difference between a standard room and a suite. Room was clean, but very small and furnished with very dark furniture and decorations. Both bed linnen and the room itself had a strange and unpleasant smell. Window could not be opened to ventilate the room. Tap in the bathroom didn't function well, terrible difficult to adjust. Reasonable breakfast in unpleasant breakfast area. Wallpaper came of the wall and was t some placed stapled to the wall to keep it fixed. Rate was not worth what we got.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Parimal P, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello, I would like to start by apologizing to you and your family for the unpleasant stay. We strive to make everyones stay here great and our staff's performance will has been addressed. I would like to take the opportunity to ask if you could contact the hotel directly and ask for myself, Parimal Patel. I would like to take the time and get your feedback and respond to you personally. I appreciate the comments and we ask that you might give us a chance to earn your business another time.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!