“This is a really good motel for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Club Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holdenville
Country Club Motel
You added Country Club Motel to your Saves list
115 Berton Avenue, Holdenville, OK 74848   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Holdenville
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“This is a really good motel for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I read the reviews and avoided this motel for awhile and then just decided to try it a few weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised to find the rooms very clean, neat, and the price very reasonable. I have absolutely no complaints and felt the need to balance the other descriptions I have read here because it kept me from staying here for so long.

I work at the prison and needed a place to stay occasionally when I do not want to drive back to my home.

Room Tip: Book early for best rooms-
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wewoka
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I check in with a big smile on my face- anxious for the break.
I get a sour return expression.
Then- and why I'm writing this review- and you ALL need to know about this place..
Is that the woman MADE UP A FAKE CITY ORDINANCE!!
She told me that it's a city requirement by the local PD that she know the purpose of my stay! Being that there is a prison in that town- I believed her.
I told her the truth, that we were setting off bug bombs.
She then tells me that some child had jumped on the bed in the room she was assigning me and had broke it and she'd just had it fixed- then proceeded to ask me THREE times if I would make sure my kids didn't jump on it.
THEN- sends the MAINTENANCE MAN to my room to ask WHAT did I bomb for!?!?
(he at least seemed embarassed to of been made to ask...)
This has bugged me all this time until I finally called the PD and asked them about this supposed ordinance that they say DOESN'T EXIST!!
I have NEVER been treated like this in any state or hotel and will NEVER stay there again. I will be sure EVERYONE possible knows about how they think it ok to treat others.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

Holdenville is not known for its hotels, though I read another traveler's review on the renovated brothel downtown. They said it was great. I never even knew about that one! Thanks!

Anyway...the Country Club Motel is a very basic motel. SOME of the rooms have been "upgraded" to a bigger T.V. and newer bed, which makes it a little more tolerable.

Main problem I had was having to kill all the flies in the summer time! The maid has to leave the door open when she cleans and so the flies get in. The room comes with a fly-swatter even, so I guess its expected! It was the most annoying part of my stay...though once they're gone, they don't come back until you open the door again the next day!

If you leave the AC on while you're gone, and the maid comes to clean, she will turn it off to save energy per the management. I suppose you could ask them not to do that. I didn't as the room cooled down fairly quickly.

The supplied towels were awful...bring your own if you can! Small and very harsh. Shower pressure was more of a "spray" than a shower....not good.

Bed was okay, but the pillows seemed very old, and not very "puffy." I suppose they were clean though, and so was the bedsheets. I paid about $39 per night..if you stay a week, they give you two nights free I think.

Anyway, there's not many motels in Holdenville, though I think this is actually one of the better ones. It's at the east end of town. There are some other motels a mile or so down the road towards town that are closer to the courthouse and things.

Many oilfield people stay at the Country Club Motel, but they were fairly quiet and didn't bother me at all.

• Liked — Within walking distance of a 24-hour Wal-Mart!
  • Disliked — Flies in the room!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Country Club Motel? Share your experiences!