“The Best Breakfast I have ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Pollard Inn
124 West Harrison Street, Guthrie, OK 73044   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Guthrie B&B and Inns
Oklahoma
“The Best Breakfast I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

I have stayed at the Pollard Inn Four times now, each visit has been better then the last.

This past trip was so fantastic I just had to write a review. Something I have never done before, but I thought my stay was worthy of it.

The service is fantastic. Michelle and Larry the owners make you feel right at home.

The facility is a late 1800 bank building and the rooms are all decorated differently. I noticed on this trip, new bedding and new antiques in the parlor. The lobby was also freshly remodeled. It must be a hugh undertaking renovating a building like that but the inn keepers keep making it better.

But what prompted this review was the breakfast. It was the best I have ever had. And I don't say that lightly. I am well traveled and have eaten every where from the Waldorf to quaint country inns and the Pollard has them all beat.

The breakfast was that fantastic. If you can't spend the night, call I hear they are going to open the dining room to the public soon.

You eat in the old bank lobby with the ornate safe still in the wall. They call it Megan's although I didn't see a sign. It is actually their daughter's, a cute 12 year old you might find playing the grand piano.

Yes you heard that right, the restauranteur is a 12 year old. But don't let that fool you. The decor is metropolitan and the chairs are so comfy you could spend the night. And all the plate and silver service is modern, clean squares and rectangles, very fun. And all the food is presented very artistically.

Our breakfast was a 5-courses.

First they brought us juice and coffee and almost immediately our first course. They started us with an entertaining cheese assortment. The chef actually came personally to introduce it to us. Followed by fruit that pared with the assortment of cheeses.

Next, was a french toast with some crispy coating served with home made apple syrup. I could have easily had seconds of the french toast and called it a meal. It was the best I have had.

The forth course was the fluffiest omelet I have ever seen. It was served with two types of sliced potatoes and a side tomato salad. It was so excellent, even though I was stuffed I cleaned my plate.

The final course was a bunt cake with espresso.

It was all simply wonderful. Each course led smoothly into the next. Gently waking us. Who would think at one point we would be pouring syrup and the next eating tomatoes but it all worked.

They even refilled my juice several times.

I would give the inn high marks and the restaurant even higher.

Plan a weekend there, you will not regret it. And as mentioned if you can't spend the night at least stop for breakfast. I am sure we will see this girl on the food network soon.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
dallas, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

My wife and I have visited Guthrie (a delightful getaway for a weekend) about 4-5 times over the past fifteen years, always staying at the Pollard Inn, formerly the Harrison Inn. Renamed and under new management, this older facility is both quaint and comfortable. This trip we traveled with some friends and needed four rooms. We were put in a small section of the Inn where the rooms were adjacent to a public parlor area. It was ideal for our happy hour before our supper and the live theatre in town. The next morning was the highlight of our stay at the Inn: a breakfast superior to any I have had at any B&B ever. Fortunately, we had enough leisure time to savor our FIVE course gourmet feast. Larry and Michelle could not have been more accomadating or gracious. They are having difficulty with the online reservation system, so call: [--].

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Our daughter got married and had chosen this hotel for the guests. The hotel was being remodeled and was very unsightly. There are no tv's in the room or pool to keep the kids occupied. Full of antiques which my in-laws enjoyed, but just not that great for us.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Wichita Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

We travel to Guthrie twice a year to just "get-away". There's a lot of gppd places to stay in Guthrie, and we have stayed at most of them, but we keep coming back to the Pollard Inn. Each room is decorated with antiques and charm. It is clean, friendly and very quiet! Be sure to attend the Pollard Theater next door. It's in the middle of the historic distric tof Guthrie and makes it so convenient. We never get tired of staying at the Pollard Inn and look forward to our next trip there soon.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

No doubt, you'll be cheering Bravo to the Pollard Inn & Pollard Theatre duo embellishment that will allure you back for a repeat performance and an unforgettable double act! Turn your weekend into an event to embark and relish upon for years to come. You’ll be asking, “Why did I wait so long to do this?”

The Inn’s graceful sophistication of old and new was a warm invitation to the luxuriously large room and bath that captured our hearts imagining being there in the 1800’s coming in after an exciting night at the Pollard Theatre conveniently right next door…And again I say, “Encore!” Being committed Thespians, it was an excellent performance from the local “Beauty and the Beast” Cast - Bravo! As guests, we received discounted tickets! Unlike the 1800’s, we had the privilege of a king size bed with glamorous bedding fit for a Queen! But, not until after a long visit in the Parlor stocked with goodies for a midnight snack. – The new owners have woven their warm hospitality and kindness in with the restoration of the architecture and fixtures that totally captured our hearts and curiosity… Their excellence for details flows out of every corner and amenity –starting with the huge portions of their full service breakfast included!...I, being unaware of the airlines 3.2 oz law in a 1 quart bag at the airport was left empty handed and steaming to no avail and without many womanly necessities for which the Pollard Inn supplied in ample portions. Thank you! It's the perfect set up for fun that is in walking distance for antique shopping and sight seeing. A wedding party was enjoying their special treatment between the Sand Plum and the Pollard Inn, at the same time we were there for a family reunion – what a great memory making place! An over night stay was turned into an event we’ll remember forever. We felt like royalty – who could resist that?

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Little Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

My family and I stayed at The Pollard Inn a few days after Christmas. We have two small children. I must admit at first I would have rather stayed in a cheaper motel until I arrived in Guthrie. I don't think we would have had the same experience had we not stayed with The Pollard Inn downtown. The Inn and staff definitely made the visit more enjoyable and worth the extra money. The charm and atmosphere of The Pollard Inn and Guthrie have us seriously thinking of moving there! Thanks to the Staff for being a part of that!

Stayed December 2007
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

it was horrible. we will never go back. the innkeeper was rude and the food was disgusting. take our advice dont waste your time or money there. you would find better service at the best western.

Stayed July 2007
pollardinn124, manager at Pollard Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2007
We at The Pollard Inn would like to invite all who stayed here in the
past to please give us another opportunity to serve you. As of October
4, 2007 we are under new management. We are very sorry for the poor
service you have received in the past. We are currently under
renovation. Our lobby is newly redecorated and we have a wonderful new
restaurant Cafe Brian's in place! We are very excited about these changes and
are currently striving to update the entire Inn. As many of you may not
know we are small "Non profit" Inn owned by Guthrie Arts and
Humanities Council. The policy of our new management is to strive for
excellence in all area's of customer service. Thank you for your time and we
hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you! The Pollard Inn
Staff. pollardinn124@yahoo.com or please call us at 1-800-375-1001

Been to Pollard Inn? Share your experiences!