“Lovely, historical atmosphere with French style haute cuisine breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pollard Inn

You added Pollard Inn to your Saves list
Pollard Inn
124 West Harrison Street, Guthrie, OK 73044   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Guthrie B&B and Inns
Wichita, Kansas
“Lovely, historical atmosphere with French style haute cuisine breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

If you want everything completely modern with rushed, fatty breakfasts, this is not the place for you.

On the other hand, if you like history, love chatting, have time to relax and enjoy exceptional coffee, and appreciate a breakfast that doesn't weight you down with sheer volume and calories, then this is your place.

Authentic antiques, very clean rooms, quality sundries, linens, food...take a step back into time and learn what Guthrie is all about!

We have made this our place to stay in Guthrie whenever we are there.

• Stayed March 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our church had an overnight retreat at the Pollard Inn. It was a very nice experience. There were just a few things that made me rate them as a 4. First thing, the bathroom door in our bedroom would not latch so it did not shut all the way. ALL bathroom doors should latch and lock. At 5:00 am in the morning we found that we did not have any hot water. We had to walk down to the front door to even find a phone number of someone to contact about this. There was a number for Larry, the night manager, that we left a voicemail at. Larry called back promptly and came up to fix the issue. He had the hot water working within 30 minutes of the initial call. I think there should always be a worker on the premises at all times. Since there was not a worker on premises after a certain time we couldn't ring anyone for more towels and our room wasn't stocked with enough for the people that were there. 3 people, two towel sets. Luckily we were able scrounge up enough from other people to get us through.

The 5 course breakfast was really good. However, it did take them awhile to get the first course out and to serve everyone...but the food was delicious!

Room Tip: Do not ask for a room by the Parlor Room. Request a room away from the Parlor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My wife and I went to Guthrie on our wedding day for a short trip. We were treated very well. The owner was very friendly and really cared that we had a great stay. She put us in a room to make sure we wouldn't be disturbed by a company shooting a movie outside the hotel. I'm used to a 'continental breakfast' when I stay at a hotel. The Pollard Inn doesn't do that. She was very enthusiastic and served a light, satisfying breakfast that gave us the energy we needed to do some exploring but didn't weigh us down. Overall, we had a great experience and look forward to visiting them again soon!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Larry and Michelle were brilliant - natural inn-keepers and so friendly, funny and kind. They were great to talk to and really made us feel relaxed and comfortable at the Pollard Inn. Breakfast was absolutely amazing - five courses of beautifully prepared, well matched food including: baked Moroccan eggs, beautiful French Toast, dangerously addictive crème brûlée almonds and refreshing raspberry sorbet. Just exquisite. The historic building was really lovely and Guthrie looked like a great little town- we'd love to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I simply can’t say enough about the warm welcome, the constant attention to any request that I made and the overall comfort of this wonderful B&B!!
The Pollard Inn was everything I expected and more - friendly and accommodating staff and an amazing whimsical atmosphere. It really did feel like I had stepped back in time which was one of its main attractions for me. The staff was always happy and friendly and I loved the individual themed rooms. The room was clean as were the bathrooms. As I am a huge fan of old world charm I couldn’t have imagined a better place to stay!
This is a true “family owned and operated” business, which is hard to find nowadays. I think that so many places have succumbed to the run of the mill, corporate America, mass managed world that we live in that people have forgotten about the different kind of personalized and charming service you can expect from a quaint, family run establishment such as the Pollard Inn.
They also own the Sand Plum Event Center and hosted my wedding ceremony and reception. A huge deciding factor for both me and my husband to use them for our event was that as a family, they treated us with such an exceptional level of customer service, take such pride in their business and have been so creative with the different spaces they own.
The food that they provided at our reception was amazing (my guests are STILL talking about the BBQ meatballs to this day!!) and the breakfast they provide as a part of your stay at the inn was also out of this world – I was so stuffed from the outstanding spread of breakfast foods when I left the next day I had to skip lunch!
All in all I give them 10 out of 10 and would highly recommend them to anyone. I look forward to staying there again - thank you Pollard Inn!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
OKC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Most people think of B&B as Bed and Breakfast. Guthrie Inns B&B means Breakfast and Bed. A very enjoyable afternoon and evening in Guthrie was capped off by a very comfortable room and restful night. Breakfast in the morning was a HUGE unexpected pleasure! Very flavorful 5 course meal with each course leading up to the next. The centerpieces of crispy french toast with warm apple syrup (unique recipes) and 6-cheese baked egg were highlights that had us wishing for more. The scone "dessert" with unique flavored spread was a beatutiful finish. We might have asked for a recipe or two, but would rather just come back and stay to enjoy the food as well as the very friendly service and hospitality.

Room Tip: Don't be confused - Guthrie Inns and Pollard Inns are the same. Just going thru some name chang...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go to Guthrie , OK for our Valentines Getaway. We were touched forever by our stay at the Pollard Inn/Oklahoma Hotel. The Inn is centrally located in the heart of Historic Downtown District of Guthrie. It was an easy walk to the Antique Stores, coffee shop's, restaurants, saloons, and Boutique Stores. Upon check in we were greeted by the Inn Keeper, Michelle, who was lovely and accommodating! We appreciated the extra special touch of a rose and chocolates on our bed pillow! Our room was very clean and spacious and we loved the antique decor! We felt like we were transported back to the time of the Oklahoma Land Rush but with all the modern amenities. Also, breakfast was delicious!!! What a great and special place to get away too and what a memorable experience we had at the Pollard Inn/ Oklahoma Hotel in Guthrie, Oklahoma!! We can't wait to get back to it!!!! Best Valentines Day EVER!!!!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Pollard Inn? Share your experiences!