“Not Good” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Guthrie
Wichita, Kansas
“Not Good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

This place was dirty. WIFI was slow. The cleaning people were banging on my door at 9AM telling me it was "Check out time" when Check out time is really 11AM.The place was being remodeled, I hope it has improved
I probably will not be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Some rooms are very spacious. Double size sheets on a queen size bed and had holes. They were fixing the air conditioners the day we left. There was a couch but my 3 year old went through it when I placed her on it to sit. VERY DANGEROUS!!!! The carpets turned our feet black immediately. Not the worst I have seen but could be great for the price with some tlc.

Stayed July 2014
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place was not fancy by any means and the non-smoking room reeked of smoke (thanks to previous tenants that smoke in non-smoking rooms) but we always bring Fabreeze to get rid of the smell. We had a really comfortable king size bed. It was clean and a great price at $57 a night for two people. Several eating places close by and not far from downtown Guthrie. The bathroom had been remodeled. It also advertises No Pets yet we saw a guy walking his dog outside of his room. It's the guests that ruin the rooms -- not the owners. If you want a really nice room at a really nice price the Holiday Inn is right next door and would probably be more than happy to take your money

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side were quiet and they all have entry from the curb so you don't have to dra...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed here in May 2014, when driving from Little Rock to Denver. I was alone, and have lived in almost every condition imaginable (former military and disaster relief worker). This place was lousy even by my standards.

The linens, carpeting and wallpaper were dingy at best, there were dead bugs floating in the bathtub after I showered and the drains in both the sink and the bathtub were clogged. If I had been with my wife, I would have just left. This place is completely unsuitable for families.

The travesty is, I saw the Holiday Inn Express just next door, but I thought to myself "Nah...just go cheap. How bad can it be?"...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Clare, Iowa, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The bathrooms were newly remodeled...old toilets were still around the back. Only this fact made it above a terrible rating.Very dirty walls, towels yellowed, sheets wrinkled and not sure they were fresh. Tried not to touch anything!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Leavenworth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We basically used it as a pit stop hotel. We were literally just going to sleep there but it is awkward. There was a spot on the bed that smelled terrible. We didn't realize until we pulled up the covers to go to sleep but it was too much to handle. The room was weird with a broken love seat in the corner. We got a phone call about two weeks later from the receptionist asking about a missing bed, they apparently had us confused with a group of 5 guys that stayed there after us. Just weird...it's worth paying the extra $15 for a nicer hotel in the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Owasso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We had to buy sheets and towels this place was so nasty. The towels used to be white but are now yellow. There are cigarette burns in the blankets and we had to clean dead bugs out of our shower. This is by far the worst place I have ever paid to stay. I can't believe the health department hasn't condemned this place.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Interstate Motel Guthrie? Share your experiences!