“The food was horrible.” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“The food was horrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the Chicken fried steak and it was inedible. The salad bar was good, however there was several flies around/in it. I told the waitress about my food and she charged me for a salad which came with my meal in means to "make it right". The gravy was not homemade and very watered down. We will never go back!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Midland, Texas
“BbQ like it should be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I am a Texan, born and raised. Love good Texas BBQ. But watch out Texas, because Stables Cafe shows that them Oklahoma folk can do it up rught! Ribs quute good, sausage really good, sauce and brisket great!

Had to rein in the feed bag, driving and food comas don't pair well. If there can be a revisit on our home stretch, I would love to show up to this place. It's a win. But enough horsin' around...sides were very good anf salad bar was exceptiinal for a meat rich environment. Down home folksy atmosphere more from staff and clientele than the Nehi and license plate redux decor. Our waitress was great, and the lady at the register was a real darlin'.

Just remember that BBQ isn't cheap, but I have also paid more for it, too. Not usually anywhere near this good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We like to go to Guthrie about once year and always go to Stables. This past Saturday we had a great lunch. I had the hickory hamburger and my wife had a cheeseburger. Both were excellent and the fries were outstanding.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great lunch I Guthrie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Got of I-35 in Guthrie and drove past all the fast food joints to Stables for a late lunch. Ordered the pulled pork sandwich and salad bar. The pulled pork was amoung the best I've had and the salad bar was cool and fresh. The iced tea seemed a little pricey at $2.50. I'll certainly go back if the oppertunity presents itself.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“Nice, quick meal on a bad day.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We decided to eat in Guthrie on our way south on I35. We stopped there when the May 20 tornado was devastating Moore, OK. We felt so fortunate to have avoided the storm and so terribly sad for the people who were there. We are all affected when disaster strikes and we all feel some sense of responsibility to help. Thanks to Stables for giving us nourishment and refuge during the storm.

Visited May 2013