We've got three kids (10 & under). We were looking for a good family-friendly Memorial Day getaway. We found it. Amenities include:
- clean (but basic) cabins;
- onsite fishing pond;
- Soda Steve's (snack place -- more later);
- frisbee golf course;
- video arcade w/indoor putt-putt;
- rentable roller skates, scooters, etc.;
- tennis court;
- swimming pool, kiddy pool & hot tub (all in glass in rooms with roofs that open);
- surprisingly good gift shop; and
- food buffet
F&F was started in 1960 (making it 50 years old for those of you bad in math). While it's apparent that this place isn't brand new, they've done a fine job of keeping the place up to date. It's not fancy. It's not for stuffy people. But's it's a great family-friendly hangout. Many who come bring their own ATVs or golf carts to putt around . . . although it's not that big, so motorized vehicles are not needed.
Soda Steve's was particularly impressive. It's clearly the newest part of the resort. Free Wi-Fi, shakes & malts, burgers and amazingly good coffee (and I am a psuedo coffee snob).
The onsite restaurant claims to have "33 feet of all-you-can-eat". We didn't partake as our cabin had a full kitchen and we are believers in making our own food. But it seemed that the restaurant was quite popular and well liked.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention that it is a short distance to Lake Tenkiller (one of Oklahoma's most beautiful lakes). We spent a lot of time at the lake. But the resort was a comfortable "home base".
If you like snooty, five star places, you'll probably find fault here, but otherwise, it's a great value for families looking for a clean, wholesome getaway within a stone's throw of one of Oklahoma's most beautiful lakes.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Fin and Feather Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fin And Feather Resort Gore, Oklahoma