“Great place to stay...quiet and relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fin and Feather Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gore
Prices are for rooms, adults
Fin and Feather Resort
Save Saved
You added Fin and Feather Resort to your Saves list
Route 1, Box 194, 445889 Highway 10A, Gore, OK 74435   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Specialty Lodging in Gore
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great place to stay...quiet and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Don't go in expecting the Four Seasons and don't go in expecting wi-fi or great cable reception. My cell phone didnt work at all the entire 2 weekends I was there. BUT its a great place to rest and unwind. I ate at Soda Steve's every day. It's good. They have wi-fi there. I had a huge room above the store...201. Two walls of windows with a kind bed and a sofa that pulls out into a bed.

I will be back when I have more time. It's a great place to get away and a pretty area. That area as very limited decent hotels and I am very glad I found Fin & Feather. When I was dragging my luggage out to my van, the key card quit working. With no cell phone I wasnt sure what to do so I walked into the store under my room and the gentleman at the counter, named "Bear", was exceedingly nice and helpful and had someone out to me immediately. While this isnt the Four Seasons, beat that. Been there and done that....so their staff goes above and beyond and the place is safe, quiet, clean and restful. (Thanks Bear!)

I stayed here on business 2 weekends in a row and as a woman traveling alone all over the country I've pretty much seen it all. I could relax here and highly recommend it. Have a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I took our 2 of our grand children (both are 6 years old) to Fin and Feather Resort for the weekend thinking that they would enjoy the stay. We were told that there was a 3 night minimum when we called for reservations. We spent one night and left the next morning; it was out dated and dirty. The cabin smelled, there were stains even on the cheap lamp shades, actually I will never go back or recommend it to anyone. My husband, who is not nearly as particular as I am, even said that he couldn't take another day there.

• Stayed July 2012
Amarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Have stayed 2 times at this resort. Both times were enjoyable. The rooms are older but good shape for their age. It is quite and out of the way of large cities. There are convenience stores and gas close by. There was also a restaurant off property and a new dollar store within walking distance. Both of my visits we were on motorcycles so the roads are endless to ride and it was a good place to come back to in the evening. My only complaint this time was the water pressure. We stayed in room 35 that is connected to 3 other units. If more than one unit was using water, the showers would not work. Also, they seem to be plumbed backwards so you have to figure that one out. We were not used to having hot water in the toilets when flushed either....

Room Tip: The resort is spread out over a large area. If you want to have people around you or if you have ch...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011 via mobile

My family has now had 4 generations visiting fin & feather since at least the 1980's. I recently took my 2 year old for her first visit. It's been at least 10 years since I've been there & I swear the place has not changed at all, except for the closing of the verandah grill & opening of soda steve's. I think that is good & bad. I love the family environment, the location, the family amenities. But I swear the mattresses, bedspreads, carpets, tvs, & appliances are all the same from the 80's.

We stayed in a room with 4 beds, 1bath, & a kitchen. We noticed walking around barefoot in the carpet turned the bottoms of our feet black. Some of the blinds were broken, & the pictures on the walls were cheap motel pics (wish they were pics of the place from years past or even the beautiful lake down the road!). They did provide towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, a hairdryer (we couldn't get ours to work but had brought one), dish soap, basic dishes & utensils, and one ice tray. School had just started when we were there & they were DEAD, so the gameroom was closed durung the weekday. we never got a chance to try the dinner buffet (I remember these fondly- great food & so popular). But we did have the breakfast buffet on sunday. It was good. But I wish we could have done their dinner or even brunch. We will be back, but I hope they update a few things in the coming years. And not sure if I would recommend this place to a friend- they would definitely have to have low expectations of the rooms or we may no longer be friends afterward! But the overall facilities are so relaxing, self-contained, safe, & family - oriented that it will always be in consideration for a trip to the lake.

Pros: buffets are delish! Lots to do on property. Soda steve's is yummy! Very safe environment. Gameroom was fave for my 2 year old & they checkout games/ fish poles/ etc. Wonderful big gift shop. Great memories.
Cons: rooms feel old, small & old beds, old appliances, small tvs, dirty carpets, gameroom would disappoint older kids, tennis court looking rough, roofs may be going on some cabins too

• Stayed August 2011
edmond, oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We love Fin & Feather, and have been several times through the years! Near Lake Tenkiller, it has many different sized cabins great for groups! Our family of 5 stayed in a 2 bed/2 bath cabin with full kitchen and living area. It was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Other things to enjoy there - a great buffet dinner ($13.95pp on Mon.) with different themes each night, Soda Steve's hot fudge nachos, frisbee golf course, and the gift shop. I always find something unusual there! They also have a fishing pond, playground and pool, but we don't usually use them, as we go swim and boat at the lake. It had been several years since we had been here and everything is still very nice and family oriented. I would like to see improvement in the Fin Bin (game building) although with computer games, I'm sure this isn't high on their list of improvements. A nice, clean, fun place especially for families!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We've got three kids (10 & under). We were looking for a good family-friendly Memorial Day getaway. We found it. Amenities include:
- clean (but basic) cabins;
- onsite fishing pond;
- Soda Steve's (snack place -- more later);
- frisbee golf course;
- video arcade w/indoor putt-putt;
- rentable roller skates, scooters, etc.;
- tennis court;
- swimming pool, kiddy pool & hot tub (all in glass in rooms with roofs that open);
- surprisingly good gift shop; and
- food buffet

F&F was started in 1960 (making it 50 years old for those of you bad in math). While it's apparent that this place isn't brand new, they've done a fine job of keeping the place up to date. It's not fancy. It's not for stuffy people. But's it's a great family-friendly hangout. Many who come bring their own ATVs or golf carts to putt around . . . although it's not that big, so motorized vehicles are not needed.

Soda Steve's was particularly impressive. It's clearly the newest part of the resort. Free Wi-Fi, shakes & malts, burgers and amazingly good coffee (and I am a psuedo coffee snob).

The onsite restaurant claims to have "33 feet of all-you-can-eat". We didn't partake as our cabin had a full kitchen and we are believers in making our own food. But it seemed that the restaurant was quite popular and well liked.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that it is a short distance to Lake Tenkiller (one of Oklahoma's most beautiful lakes). We spent a lot of time at the lake. But the resort was a comfortable "home base".

If you like snooty, five star places, you'll probably find fault here, but otherwise, it's a great value for families looking for a clean, wholesome getaway within a stone's throw of one of Oklahoma's most beautiful lakes.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
MILLINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I can't believe that I've never reviewed this place. We have been going there for years and each trip is delightful. They have accommodations for couples and up to forty or so people in a unit. It is a wonderful place for family reunions or just a place to go and kick back for a few days. We will be going back in May for a few days and taking our grandson again.

The rooms are pretty basic, with no frills. Be sure to take your own shampoo, lotion and such. Anything you forget can probably be purchased at either the gift shop or the little mini mart on the property.

The big draw at F&F is the restaurant. They have nightly buffets that have to be seen to be believed.

This is a family operation and each member is dedicated to seeing that everyone has a good, carefree time. There is so much to do on the property that you may not feel the need to leave the place for your whole trip. The kids will find tons of entertaining things to do and they will be perfectly safe while they do them. Be sure to visit if you're in the area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Fin and Feather Resort? Share your experiences!