“Not what I would call family values, beer drinking and smoking allowed openly.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jelly Stone Park Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eufaula
Yogi Bear's Jelly Stone Park Resort
You added Yogi Bear's Jelly Stone Park Resort to your Saves list
610 Lake Shore Drive, Eufaula, OK 74432   |
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I went w group of kids as a sponsor for a day pass so can't comment on cabins. Very neat inflatables but no real lifeguard on duty. Water is deep and lots of kids w no life jackets. I had to pull one child to shallow water and he was not in my group. The DJ was smoking and drinking beer openly at lunch. I saw people drinking beer and smoking at lake/pool/everywhere...not what I think of for family oriented park. Inflatables definitely for older kids, bring life jackets! Bathrooms were hot but clean.

• Stayed August 2012

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I spent the day at Jellystone with my 5 and 3 year old. They had a blast! The activities are definately for older children. The blow up activity center, slide and trampoline are in deep water, and you cannot see your children from the water, I did get very nervous if I could not see them even though I was only feet away. The Kayaks were a hit! The paddleboats were all almost broken, to hard to paddle and had to bring them back to the beach. The biggest disappointment was the "fishing dock" It needed much repair, had trash in the water and around the beach area, I was really grossed out and we left. They definately need to focus on a clean, safe fishing area for the kids. The kids loved the firetruck ride!!
The staff were all really nice, It was only 1 hour from Broken Arrow and we will go back this summer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
allen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We recently stayed in a cabin here with our 3 kids, 2, 5 and 7. I must say it's very different from our experience with the jelly stone park in Burleson, TX. First, I'd say that this park is definitely geared towards much older kids, unlike the other parks. The water obstacles they had were really cool, but definitely not for younger kids. My wife and I were amazed that they allowed smoking everywhere, including at the pool. I guess if your idea of a good time is sitting at the pool pounding a case of beer while chain smoking, then you'd love it. The putt putt golf course was terribly dirty. Beware they say the golf is free, which it is, but then they charge 25 cents for each ball, which only takes quarters. So, if you forget, you won't be playing putt putt. It looked like they mowed the grass and didn't bother blowing off the course at all. The lake area was nice, but we found out that they don't "open" that area until 10am. Since there are no lifeguards, i'm not sure how that even makes sense. Since it's 100+ outside right now, I would think they would open earlier, at least to the campers that paid to stay the night. Campers should also be aware that they allow anyone to come and utilize the facilities during the day for a fee. So, the weekend we were there, I think that there was probably 100 people there they weren't even staying that had come to use the water inflatables, so it was very crowded. We saw several times were parents freaked out because they couldn't find their kids around the water obstacles. Because it's in the lake, the water is dark and on the other side of the inflatables, the water is probably 6+ feet deep. Again, I would not recommend this for younger kids that aren't very strong swimmers. The campground needs a lot of work. The roads are rock, no concrete, and created a ton of dust. Unlike the one in Burleson, there are no bikes to ride, not that you really could anyway. With so many trees around, I was amazed that there were only about 4 in the entire park. The cabin was nice, but it didn't appear that it was cleaned very well ever. the location by the water was nice and at least the A/C worked well. Be aware that they don't stock the cabins well at all. We had 1 roll of toilet paper, no extra trash bags, no paper towels, etc.. I would say that the staff was nice.

All in all, the place is decent, but needs a lot of work to compare to the other jellystone parks. It is in a great location on a great lake. It has a ton of potential, but the owner certainly seems more interested in putting money in his pocket than making this a great family park for young kids. I'm still confused as to why you'd have a yogi bear park that didn't cater to young kids, just amazed.

Room Tip: The cabins with lofts don't have window coverings on the top windows, so you'll be up early...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I read every review I could about this place. All of them have been true. My five grandchildren and I are in a nice cabin by the lake. They had so much fun yesterday on all of the water park items. But no one has mentioned that a freight train goes right by here. There is a road crossing so they blow their horn. We are exuasted from horns blown every hour all through the night. Also the cabin has thick cob webs all over the place.

• Stayed July 2012
Azle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My sister, myself and 3 grandkids (ages 10, 10 & 8) spent 4 days and 3 nights at Jellystone. Everything was fantastic. The employees were happy, helpful and everywhere. It was great that kayaks, paddleboats, minature golf, lake, hippo slide, pool, water park, playground were free with the cabin rental. We were pleasingly surprised to find the restaurant at the Ranger Station served a large variety of food and it was all delicious. The grown-ups as well as the grandkids took full advantage of everything to do. Several activities for kids throughout the day that were mostly free or a minimal expense to participate. The cabin was spotless and plentiful with cooking supplies. I would highly recommend this location for any family getaway.

Room Tip: We stayed in cabin 10 that slept 5 of us comfortably. Cabin 10 was closest to everything.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
waco tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We spent three nights at Jellystone last week. I went with my sister and her three grandchildren, ages 10, 10 and 8, and none of us wanted to leave on Sunday. Just the first impression of the Hippo water slide was enough to pump up the excitement on the kids, then their eye caught the water inflatables and they were hooked. It was three days of non-stop fun between the pool, water slide, inflatables in the lake, kayaks, miniature golf, tether ball, and activities. So much fun and all the employees were so nice. Our cabin #10 was perfect for us and was in the best location for everything. Certainly, there was nothing in the cabin that could be damaged since it was basic, but that was the beauty of it. Carefree and hazy, crazy, and not lazy beginning of a wonderful summer. Super!

Room Tip: Cabin #10 was in a perfect location.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We just returned from a week long camping trip at Jelly Stone Park. This was a family reunion so we had lots of kids of all ages there. Everything was wonderful. The cabin we stayed in was not huge but my family of six slept comfortably there. We usually camp in tents so having air conditioning for nap times and bed times was heavenly. The lake was beautiful and the grounds were beautiful. Everything was very well cared for and any problems were fixed right away. The kids had a blast on the water toys and the resort always had tons of things for the kids to do. We had kids ages 1 - 13 and every one of them had a blast. I never thought I'd wimp out and camp all fancy like this but I will have to admit, having Starbucks coffee in the morning overlooking the beautiful lake was quite nice. We also rented a boat one afternoon and went tubing, the adults fished and caught some very big fish. All was wonderful. Oh, I have to mention the staff, they went out of their way to accommodate our every need and were very, very nice. They also have a restaurant that has wonderful food. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Yogi Bear's Jelly Stone Park Resort? Share your experiences!