“Excellent accomodation in Enid” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Enid
Kansas City
“Excellent accomodation in Enid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed a number of times at this property and never been disappointed. Check-in was a little slow this last time, but that was due to a clerical error and not typical.

I'm not crazy about the location across from the mall, but this hotel always meets my needs and my expectations. I especially like the automatic pancake machine in the breakfast buffet. Haven't seen this anyplace else--it's really nifty.

Would definitely stay here again--and often do.

Room Tip: Most rooms face east or west--pretty crummy views in both directions. Do you like morning sun or eve...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oklahoma City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My first impression wasn't good...the lady working the front desk had a heavy accent and was difficult if not impossible to understand. i checked in with two other business associates and showed my Platinum PriorityClub card and did receive my "welcome kit" that included a water bottle and a piece of fruit. It also included an extremely poorly copied and folded listing of some of the local attractions...it looked really bad...certainly not up to the standards I'm used to with HIE.
The room was clean and comfortable. I did hear my neighbors a few times and could definitely hear the people in the room above me every time they walked around.
Finally, the breakfast was the exact same variety as every other HIE but again, substandard in its delivery. The eggs were cold in the middle.
Maybe nitpicking but just not up to par for HIE.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Enid, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear PBOKC,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback.

I am disappointed to hear that the service you received was less than satisfactory. I am truly sorry for the dissatisfaction you had during check in and regret that we failed to deliver the highest level of customer care that you deserve. Our staff pay special attention to our elite members and can only offer my sincerest apologies for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion.

As a Platinum elite member, your support and patronage to our hotel are very important. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used for future updates. We all hope that should your travel plans bring you back to the area, you will give our hotel another try and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here passing through,I was traveling with my two babies ...My 5 year old daughter and my newborn son.The Hispanic lady at the front was rude,I felt like I was putting her out to reserve my room.I had read online that this was the nicest place to stay in Enid.So I ignored the $140 a night price and hoped for the best...Well ,I can say my room was clean ,beds were comfy ,fluffy pillows it was a quite night stay.In the morning I noticed Ionly had decaf coffee in my room.I stepped out of my room and found a hispanic housekeeper in the hall.I asked for coffee that wasnt decaf.SURPRSE ,SURPRISE!I got the old"No Engless" Right? Shocker....So I disregaurded the comment and walked further down the hall .I found another housekeping hispanic lady, she tells me.We only have decaf did not even offer to bring coffe to my room...Insisting the hotel only had decaf! I finally decide to call the front desk and ask for coffee brought up to my room in a package so I can just make it myself.Another Hispanic lady that ran the front desk argues with me and assures me ,I am wrong the house keeper couldn't have possibly said "only decaf" Whatever ...So I wait and wait for a package of coffee to be delievered to my room 20 min later.I have yet another hispanic lady deliever my coffee.With a bad attitude none the less Past the coffe issue Itake my daughter to go swim.Te pool is ice cold so is the Hot tub!!Breakfast gravy was like glue.Just rude service all the way around .On the morning I am checking out. I tell the hotel manager (a young hispanic male.) That I am not satisfied with a number of issues.I pretty much get blown off.Long story short...I will never stay at this hotel again.Its not worth the expensive price.Bad bad.....Terrible service!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Made reservation because hotel advertised that pets are accepted> Arrived late in the evening after 12 hours on the road to find out that NO PETS ALLOWED! Lady at front desk took a VERY casual attitude, even after I showed her the reservation saying pets allowed. Her basic attitude was "too bad, so sad, now leave me alone." I asked to speak to the manager, but was not allowed to speak to this individual via telephone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else because this place lies.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Enid, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear jim w,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff and service may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and will use the valuable feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I asked for the complimentary 2 pm checkout so that I could catch up on my work before heading to the airport. The worker at the front desk told me the latest I could checkout was at 12 noon. This was the manager's rule, not the rule of front desk worker.

I've been a Platinum Priority Club member for over 11 years and have never been told that I could not have a 2 pm checkout if I wanted. I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express hotels all over the U.S., too. I didn't have a problem paying for the only room they had available which was $189/night for 4 nights, either. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dodge City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

hotel had a great location and the staff was very good. hotel was located on the main road with easy access to the restaurants and a small mall close by. My family and I will stay at this property again. Breakfast was very well done. A good value for a family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oktaha, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this hotel for a few days every month. This visit, the a/c was not working very good in my room when I returned for the night. A call to the front desk was all it took. Mary the manager quickly came to my room and checked out the unit and said I could either get another room, or I could wait until the maintenance man could look at it. I chose to get another room. Mary ran down to the desk and quickly returned with another room key and helped move my stuff, and checked to make sure the a/c was working before she left. This was the quickest and best service I have ever gotten at a Holiday Inn. I will gladly continue to stay here!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Enid? Share your experiences!