“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Elk City
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were travelling across country .We had dinner which was very good and even better we did not have to leave the hotel.The room we had was large and very comfortable and very clean .The reception staff were very nice and friendly .also all the waiting staff were really good.We normally only stay at Hampton Inns but on this occasion they were full .But I must say we were not in the least disappointed, Great stay Even had a bar were we met some nice people which is one thing I think a lot of the transit hotels in US lack

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Longview, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Had to find a quick overnight stop, and this was it. Older hotel, so some things were expected...decor. One plus was the A/C in our room was cold all night long unlike many more expensive hotels we've stayed in. For a quick stop, this fit our needs well.

• Stayed June 2013
Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

For what I paid, I expected higher quality.

I stopped here to catch a few zzz's while traveling cross country. I hoped to spend less than I did, but would not have minded the price -- I paid $107 at 3 a.m. -- if I felt like I paid what it was worth.

My room was clean enough, but quite shabby. The hallways and common areas were dingy, and the carpet was covered in Oklahoma red dirt.

I was only there for a quick night of rest, so I can't comment too much on anything but the room and breakfast. However, if I were there for leisure, I wouldn't know what to think of it. From the interior, the hotel appears to cater to kids and families -- with its courtyard and indoor swimming pool. From the exterior, it also features motel-style rooms with doors to the parking lot, and a very industrial look.

The inn does include a free breakfast, and that is what actually downgraded this review from a three to a two.

The breakfast buffet included a few different kinds of scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, bacon and sausage. The first plate I picked up was covered in dried up runny yellow egg. I about gagged.

I planned to make myself a toasted English muffin, but the muffins were in their original store-bought bag with an expiration date more than several months old.

The experience solidified for me the idea that the hotel isn't very clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept just fine, but if my travels take me through Elk City in the future, I'll try someplace else and hope for the best.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Took an overnight break from driving here at this convenient-to-highway hotel/motel. It's a bit pricey for what you get (nothing more and nothing less than what you'd might expect for a off-the-beaten-path location along a major highway). It was clean and the room spacious, but it's a bit dated and could use some attention to detail. The structure itself feels sort of industrial, like it was once an office complex built in a rectangular shape with a central courtyard. The room numbers can be a bit confusing if you don't realize that there are "internal" courtyard-facing rooms in addition to the exterior, parking-lot-facing rooms. (I drove around looking for my room number on the doors until I stopped and entered through one of the side entrances to figure out what I suspected.). The place is best-suited to adults as the property is host to a bar near the lobby area -- You can hear the music and see some of the patrons spilling out into the lobby and front entrance areas. It isn't obnoxious or anything, but something to consider if you are traveling with kids, for example. Most of the guests must be there to work for the considerable local oil interests -- almost every vehicle parked in the full lot was a super-sized pick-up truck, the newer, giant models that dwarfed my Jeep! In any case, I slept comfortably with relatively little interruption (save the occasional noise from the courtyard area--the room has a door that also opens onto the courtyard -- so, two entrances/exits.). It is a fine choice for taking a break from driving, but, maybe as a result of the business clientele, it is pricier than other options. And, because of the price difference, I think I was expecting more refinement (not in a pretentious way; just in a comfort-way, if that makes sense). Also, importantly, the woman that was working that evening that checked me in was kind, informed, competent, cheerful and helpful. She was a breath of fresh air!

• Stayed November 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have to stay in Elk City multiple times a month and I stay at the Clarion. It's nothing fancy and the hotel is older but it has always been clean and the staff is accommodating . I usually either have to extend my stay or leave early and they never take issue with this and try to charge me. The rooms are simple but have a mini fridge and microwave. I like this place because its well lit at night and the lobby doors are open at all hours. Due to work, I come in usually between 3-4 am and someone is always around. I like that aspect a lot. The free morning breakfast is probably the best in town. It is a full buffett with hot eggs, assorted meat, fruit, and potatos.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

The room was average for this type of motel. The bartender was not interested in serving anyone other than the table full of oil workers. However, the ladies that served breakfast each morning were outstanding especially Sam. The breakfast selection was excellent!

• Stayed July 2012
Moore, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I am so sick after staying here less than 7 hours. we walked in and it smelled like mold and smoke.. .and old socks all in one! My allergies immediatly went NUTS. I had to have somewhere to stay because my car broke down and had to be towed 2.5 hours from home. I called someone from where I live and begged them to come get my family in the evening because I could no longer stand to be there and I was getting VERY SICK! I paid 127 dollars for this rat hole hotel! I could seriously not tell anyone enough to FIND ANOTHER HOTEL! even if that means driving out of the way! PLEASE DONT SPEND A DIME HERE!

Room Tip: Just do not stay here!