“Solid choice for Elk City” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 16 hotels in Elk City
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Solid choice for Elk City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have to stay in Elk City multiple times a month and I stay at the Clarion. It's nothing fancy and the hotel is older but it has always been clean and the staff is accommodating . I usually either have to extend my stay or leave early and they never take issue with this and try to charge me. The rooms are simple but have a mini fridge and microwave. I like this place because its well lit at night and the lobby doors are open at all hours. Due to work, I come in usually between 3-4 am and someone is always around. I like that aspect a lot. The free morning breakfast is probably the best in town. It is a full buffett with hot eggs, assorted meat, fruit, and potatos.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

The room was average for this type of motel. The bartender was not interested in serving anyone other than the table full of oil workers. However, the ladies that served breakfast each morning were outstanding especially Sam. The breakfast selection was excellent!

• Stayed July 2012
Moore, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I am so sick after staying here less than 7 hours. we walked in and it smelled like mold and smoke.. .and old socks all in one! My allergies immediatly went NUTS. I had to have somewhere to stay because my car broke down and had to be towed 2.5 hours from home. I called someone from where I live and begged them to come get my family in the evening because I could no longer stand to be there and I was getting VERY SICK! I paid 127 dollars for this rat hole hotel! I could seriously not tell anyone enough to FIND ANOTHER HOTEL! even if that means driving out of the way! PLEASE DONT SPEND A DIME HERE!

Room Tip: Just do not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Garden City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I had made reservations in my sisters name (Helen Michel because she was in computer) for May 29th about three months in advance and informed the person making the reservation that we would be paying cash. No Problem. When we arrived the front desk informed us there would be $100 cash per room deposit in case we damaged something.
My wife offered to leave a credit card for deposit. They said VERY RUDELY that since we were paying cash they would need cash for the deposit and that they were the only hotel in town that still accepted cash. Needless to say we cancelled our reservation on the spot went across the street to Days Inn booked rooms for half the price and paid cash and no deposit was asked for. The Days Inn front desk were very courteous and said there were many hotels in town that still took good Old American Cash!!! Because of this experience with Clarion we will not stay at Clairons in the future--we have stayed in them all over the world!!

Jim Wright
Garden City, Ks

Room Tip: Ask about all charges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Calumet, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This place appears to have been a Holidome at some point in its life, and a pretty nice one at that. However, in typical Choice fashion, the once very nice rooms still have nice fixtures, but maintenance seems to be non-existent. The shower didn't work right, the tub was badly discolored, and the toilet didn't flush quite right. The countertops were probably cleaned once, and the carpets were too...but neither are now. The bathroom floor had not been mopped either. The HVAC system is pretty loud, but functional. Most hotels that I stay in aren't as nice as this once was, but are almost always nicer than what it is now.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011 via mobile

I am a Choice diamond member and this might be the worst hotel experience I have ever had with Choice brands. At check in the front desk staff had no idea whether the room assigned to me was clean or not and the air conditioning was not working. After a 45 minute wait in the fly infested lobby it was determined that the room was in fact "clean" but the air was not going to be fixed anytime soon. Unsatisfactory in every way. Somehow this hotel was 100% booked so there was no other rooms available. They did offer to pay for me to stay at a competitor hotel across the street but I declined since the person I was traveling with had an acceptable room. $128 for a terrible experience. Will never return.

• Stayed July 2011
Sturgis, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed at this Clarion while visiting our son, the rooms were clean, and very comfortable beds. Coffee maker in the room, and I could enjoy coffee in the glass cups they provided, I do not like styrofoam cups! Nice pool area with sauna. I will stay here again, they do need to work on their wireless internet, I think a few more routers would cure the speed issue.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Inn Elk City? Share your experiences!