“Terrible isn't even good enough” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 38 Restaurants in Elk City
Cuisines: American
USA
“Terrible isn't even good enough”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Passing through on I-40 on 2/15/14 and found a few places grouped together. Huddle House, from the outside, looked inviting. As we entered, we heard someone say 'sit where you want'. There were already 3 booths taken and 2-3 still had not been bused. As we approached the table, I saw 5-6 napkins and a ketchup bottle on the floor under the table so I stopped for a minute to let the waitress pick up the ketchup so we wouldn't step on it. She didn't attempt until after I asked her if she was going to pick it up. Our waitress must have worked a triple shift - her uniform was so dirty, grease and food stained, even on her backside. As we waited for our food we observed a purse and coat sitting on top of the silverware basket, a row of syrup bottles so hazy looking I would be afraid to use the syrup inside, the floor was so bad I don't believe it had ever been moped, really EVER. From what we could see in the serving area, I was appalled. Everything was not just dirty, but looked like it had been that way for a while. A red headed waitress was preparing a salad and reached into the cheese bend with her hands to get the cheese. Then my husband noticed she was licking her fingers and was then back in the kitchen to pick up her customer's order without washing her hands. I don't believe the food was bad, just average but being a nurse I think had the health department been sitting and observing what we saw, they would not have been open the next day. Their bathroom was clean. My recommendation would be to just keep going should you find this potential germ threat.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

oklahoma city
“Average food, poor service, miserable experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Only a couple of tables occupied when we arrived, but we were mostly ignored by the staff. Took an exceedingly long time for the food to arrive, and it was really nothing special.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oklahoma, United States
“Good stop on I 40”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stop here the food was decent and the service was great very accommodating to children

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elk City, Oklahoma
“Stay Clear”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Bad service, cant get the orders right, Rude , salads, the lettuce sets in water, You should have seen my bowl. Food was cold. And I set there for 30 min no one came to me, but stopped at the guy next to me, and I came in first... I had to say, dont I get waited on here?
More then one waitress walked right buy me. and theye were very many in there. So it wasnt like they were busy. I tried it 3 times, I have not and will not go back. They need resturant steakout to go to their resturant

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Elk City, Oklahoma
“Good food, questionable service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been here numerous times and love the food. They have a pretty good selection, and I love breakfast food any time.
They have good to poor waitstaff, and never seem to have enough waitstaff to cover the place adequately.

• Visited March 2013