“Great Bar-b-que!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Elk City, Oklahoma
“Great Bar-b-que!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The bar-b-que is always great. Try the Pig-wich. I tried about every bar-b-que item they have, and have never been disappointed. I have never tried their other items, because when I go there, I after bar-b-que. Service is good, it can get kind of crazy around lunch time, so go early or later to avoid the crowd.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Merriam, Kansas
“Fabulous ribs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Three of us couldn't finish a slab of ribs, beans and fries. The ribs were great with or without the sauce. The staff was extremely friendly. They had a special that included a free 1/2 slab - my girls were sad that I turned it down. They wanted to eat ribs all the next day as we continued our drive.

Visited March 2013
“Cool name, not so cool food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been away from home for a while and was wanting some ribs. I was informed the only place in town was the Hog Trough. My order was pork ribs, fries, cole slaw, Texas toast, and the spicy hot sauce, to go. I was less then 5 minutes from my hotel. I got to my home away from home and opened my meal. Wow! Very dissapointed. Everything was ice cold. The Texas toast was soggy, the fries were almost black and were cold and soggy. The coke slaw was dry. Almost no sauce on it. I will try them again if I get back to town, because everyone has a bad day, but the fries were totally inedible. On a positive note, the sauce was very good although not spicy enough, and the ribs were smoked well, but cold. I just hope this is not the norm.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seiling
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Fabulous BBQ! We had carry-out for a large meeting and everyone loved it! Good sauce and good sides.

Visited August 2012