“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in El Reno
West Harrison, Indiana
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I will echo the positive comments of others (appreciated the "new-ness", décor, quality of the room).
One small suggestion: Move the bench at the front entrance to the hotel MUCH farther away. Every time I passed by (fairly frequently during my stay), there was ALWAYS somebody out there smoking. I am severely allergic to second-hand smoke and it's not really practical to try and hold your breath until you get inside. :-)
Other than that, really liked this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately, the bench is mandated by Holiday Inn Express to be in a certain location, and cannot be moved. We are working tirelessly to come up with an alternate solution, and often ask smokers to move further away for those very reasons. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed there night before last and loved it. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There are lots of outlets and lights including a "read in bed" light that I loved. There is lots of desk/counter space to spread out your stuff both in the room and in the bathroom. It looks new or newly remodeled and the new style is a modern style, very striking. I loved the chandelier and flower arrangements in the breakfast room. Breakfast was fine....omelets, biscuits, gravy, cereal, bands, etc. we saw the pool and fitness room but didn't use them so I can't comment except to say that the pool looked clean. We were recognized as Priority Club or Honors members or whatever it is and we're given a small goody bag with a snack and bottled water, a nice touch. The only negative comment I have is that they gave us a room that backs up to the elevator and it makes quite a rumbling sound. I don't know how rooms are assigned, but it seems to be that that room should be assigned last, not to someone who booked ahead of time. I took a sleeping pill and slept well, but my husband did not.

Room Tip: Do not get a room that backs up to the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the time you took to leave us such a nice review. We appreciate it! We have also had the elevator looked at, as the noise was an issue. We have had this resolved and hope you look us up next time your travels bring you to the area.
Mount Vernon, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

When I checked in I was impressed with the decorating from the front desk which is really cool to the room that is very nice. My first impression was that this might be the flagship Holiday Inn style. Good start but then my key didn't work the second day. That happens, but when I got in my room the bed was stripped but that was it. I checked my reservation and I was supposed to be here for two nights. I contacted the front desk and they sent housekeeping up to finish.
When I got back from dinner (Montana Mike's next door -very good) I went for a nice swim then I wanted to use the whirlpool and sauna. The pool was great but the whirlpool and sauna are broken. The fitness center has some nice equipment including a weight bench but no weights. I suspect that this is going to be a very nice place once they work the kinks out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guy H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am delighted to read that you were pleased with our decorations.

On the other hand, I humbly extend an apology for the inconvenience you had with our housekeeping services and with some of our amenities. Your comments are very important to us as we rely on you, our guest to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful well decorated facility however, they definitely do not have all the kinks ironed out of this new hotel. I was part of a large group of 6 rooms. The 4th floor hallway smelled as if you were standing over an open septic tank and the toliets did not flush properly. It was questionably whether the sheets were clean on a couple if beds. The pool had green algae and hair and other debris floating in the water. We were told by the owner that the pool was open but later told the next morning by an employee the pool had problems and had been closed for three days. The elevators were not working. When we complained we were told the manager was not available until 3pm (which we were informed he was also part owner). We were given only a 20% discount and offered 2 free nights in the future. The hotel guarantee in the bathroom stated your room would be free if not fully satisfied. They did not stand by their policy.

• Stayed June 2013
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our hotel. We are working very hard to make sure all of our guests are satisfied. I would love the opportunity to discuss this situation further with you, if you like. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will work to show you that this was a one time experience and not how our hotel regularly operates. I look forward to hearing from you!
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This HI Express seems new, was quite clean & the rate was good. However, my room had a Handicap emblem on the door, & it had a non-compliant bath room. The sink was a bowl mounted on a cabinet with shelves, which no wheelchair person could use. The toilet was regular height, & the tub was the regular tub with one grab bar. Also didn't have room to spin a wheelchair. I don't need handicap, but am familiar with the regs..The rest of the room was huge, with one king bed. One other odd thing, the floor thoughout the room vibrated the whole time I was there.(I don't know either) Had I not been so tired, I would've asked for another room.I'm not a fan of this modern/contemporary decor, but to each his/her own.The other problem was on front of bldg rooms, you are RIGHT on I-40. The trucks are loud all night. The only person I encountered seemed harried & in a little over her head.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear RamblinManGa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls you have experienced. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

I trust that the above issues will not deter you from choosing us as your hotel in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Yukon, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this brand new, beautiful, hotel the night after the devastating tornado that hit El Reno. Due to the tornado, the cable was out for a few hours and we were not informed during check in. However, with that being said, the staff and the property were excellent. The entire hotel was built in an "Art Deco" type of building with the latest in technology from the large HDTV in the room to all of the necessary items in the business center. The hotel has an indoor pool and free wifi. Our room had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, and very comfortable beds. The breakfast had a large selection of items to choose from and plenty of tables if you do not want to eat in your room. I would highly recommend this hotel and would go out of my way to stay there if I need a room in the surrounding area. Well done Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor which provided a better view. Could not hear any highway sound or...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We appreciate your great feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was up-scale in the decor, very pleasant to the eye. Newly redone we guessed. Front desk check in was efficient and helpful to our stay. The pool area was clean, and made for a restful time after traveling all day. The room was spacious and well decorated. The bed and pillows were fresh and welcoming. The bathroom and shower were well equipped ( great shower head)

Breakfast area was well managed and stocked. Both healthy and hearty were on the menu.

We were surprised at the updated level for this chain. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Always the top floor, where possible. Away from highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
So glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again next time!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno? Share your experiences!