“New Hotel. Wait a while to stay!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in El Reno
Arkansas
“New Hotel. Wait a while to stay!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful well decorated facility however, they definitely do not have all the kinks ironed out of this new hotel. I was part of a large group of 6 rooms. The 4th floor hallway smelled as if you were standing over an open septic tank and the toliets did not flush properly. It was questionably whether the sheets were clean on a couple if beds. The pool had green algae and hair and other debris floating in the water. We were told by the owner that the pool was open but later told the next morning by an employee the pool had problems and had been closed for three days. The elevators were not working. When we complained we were told the manager was not available until 3pm (which we were informed he was also part owner). We were given only a 20% discount and offered 2 free nights in the future. The hotel guarantee in the bathroom stated your room would be free if not fully satisfied. They did not stand by their policy.

• Stayed June 2013
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our hotel. We are working very hard to make sure all of our guests are satisfied. I would love the opportunity to discuss this situation further with you, if you like. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will work to show you that this was a one time experience and not how our hotel regularly operates. I look forward to hearing from you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This HI Express seems new, was quite clean & the rate was good. However, my room had a Handicap emblem on the door, & it had a non-compliant bath room. The sink was a bowl mounted on a cabinet with shelves, which no wheelchair person could use. The toilet was regular height, & the tub was the regular tub with one grab bar. Also didn't have room to spin a wheelchair. I don't need handicap, but am familiar with the regs..The rest of the room was huge, with one king bed. One other odd thing, the floor thoughout the room vibrated the whole time I was there.(I don't know either) Had I not been so tired, I would've asked for another room.I'm not a fan of this modern/contemporary decor, but to each his/her own.The other problem was on front of bldg rooms, you are RIGHT on I-40. The trucks are loud all night. The only person I encountered seemed harried & in a little over her head.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear RamblinManGa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls you have experienced. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

I trust that the above issues will not deter you from choosing us as your hotel in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Yukon, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this brand new, beautiful, hotel the night after the devastating tornado that hit El Reno. Due to the tornado, the cable was out for a few hours and we were not informed during check in. However, with that being said, the staff and the property were excellent. The entire hotel was built in an "Art Deco" type of building with the latest in technology from the large HDTV in the room to all of the necessary items in the business center. The hotel has an indoor pool and free wifi. Our room had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, and very comfortable beds. The breakfast had a large selection of items to choose from and plenty of tables if you do not want to eat in your room. I would highly recommend this hotel and would go out of my way to stay there if I need a room in the surrounding area. Well done Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor which provided a better view. Could not hear any highway sound or...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We appreciate your great feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was up-scale in the decor, very pleasant to the eye. Newly redone we guessed. Front desk check in was efficient and helpful to our stay. The pool area was clean, and made for a restful time after traveling all day. The room was spacious and well decorated. The bed and pillows were fresh and welcoming. The bathroom and shower were well equipped ( great shower head)

Breakfast area was well managed and stocked. Both healthy and hearty were on the menu.

We were surprised at the updated level for this chain. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Always the top floor, where possible. Away from highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
So glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again next time!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very nice, brand new hotel. This is a great place to stay and very convenient off the highway. Since I can't find the restaurant on Tripadvisor, I must tell you, do not, under any circumstances visit the Montana Mike's Steakhouse next door. Huge disappointment!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great feedback! We look forward to seeing you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous new hotel! The decor is so lovely. We are headed home on the second leg of a 6,000 total mile road trip and have been on the road for about two weeks. I was so happy to walk in to a very Zen feeling lobby. The front desk staff were so helpful and courteous! You guys at corporate did an awesome job with this property!!

• Stayed May 2013
We appreciate your wonderful comments! Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno? Share your experiences!