“Consistently EXCELLENT food, authentic Ethiopian food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Consistently EXCELLENT food, authentic Ethiopian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love this place, we come here twice or three times a week. Food is authentic and fresh. Service is wonderful. The whole family works here. I really love this place and highly recommend it.
Also the coffee ceremony is awesome, they roast the coffee beans right in front of you according to your choosing and then brew and serve the coffee. Serves up to 8 people for a low price. Very cool way to entertain friends family, business clients or your date.
I highly recommend this establishment.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fulton
“Great Ethiopian and Kenyan food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

There are reviews posted here for a Thai restaurant at this location going back to 2008. Haiget's just opened in 2013 and you will not find any of the issues described in the reviews of the aforementioned Thai restaurant.
Haiget's is completely remodeled with new furniture also. The menu features both Ethiopian and Kenyan entrees and side dishes. Everything is prepared fresh and to order. They even have 355ml Cokes made with cane sugar (no high fructose), just like in East Africa. Decor is simple, colorful and authentic. The staff are friendly and eager to make your meal a pleasant experience. And of course the food is awesome. When you are seated, you are served some maandazi's at your table to get you started. Whether you opt for Ethiopian or Kenyan, you will be pleased.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Found roach in food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Decided to try thai palace because it is not far from my house and has good reviews. The atmosphere was just as described online, waited almost an hour for our food (as expected) when we got our food there was something odd about the smell and taste of my wife's chicken it seemed that it had gone bad, but it gets worse, I looked at my food and there was a dead roach in my food laying on its back I took the food up to the counter and pointed at the roach, he just shook his head I shook mine and we walked out. now my wife is complaining about a stomach ache. I will not be going back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City
“As good as it gets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

I travel often on business around the country, and Thai is possibly my favorite. I take the opportunity to try as many restaurants as I can, and without a doubt this ranks with the best anywhere - who would think in the middle of Oklahoma! Don't let the strip mall appearance fool you. Nick - the owner, cook, waiter, table scrubber, and standup comedian is a joy. I have tried several items, all just delicious, but the curries are AMBROSIA! Try the panang curry, and if you're not a curry fan, try the pad thai or spicy basil. Good family atmosphere - immaculately clean, simple decor - but comfy, a wonderful escape from the chains. But bring cash, credit cards not accepted (although Nick will let you run to the ATM if you forget).