“We DID Return” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Edmond
Anchorage, Alaska
“We DID Return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

When leaving from an unexpected stay the first of the year, we said the next time we came to Edmond we would return to the Holiday Inn as our stay went quite well. I also wanted to see what the renovations would be like. So in May, five months later, we arrived for our three night stay. I was surprised to see the renovations were still going on as if very little had been done. I had requested the same room we had before and got it. That room had undergone some changes, but nothing earth shattering from our first stay. The most obvious was the new headboard whereas before there were only carpenters markings on the wall. Believe the reviews here, there is a LOT of renovation still going on as of this posting including painting in the halls, and many rooms are just shut down completely. Now let me say this... It was obvious to me the staff there was doing all it could to make the best of a tough situation. I was impressed with their attitudes including everyone from the front desk to maintenance workers, to even the painters. They all were being as accommodating as possible. And the room was as nice as the first time, very clean with a decent bathroom, hot water in the shower with enough pressure to rinse your hair, working microwave and mini fridge, and thermostats that actually worked. The breakfast room was without a t.v. at the time, and the automatic pancake maker needed "assistance" in spitting them out but other than that, it was another very nice stay. And yes, we would stay here again if we pass through Edmond in 2015. If you're looking for a luxury, spa type of hotel, you need to go elsewhere especially until the renovations are finished. But if you don't mind a little dust and painting going on and want a decent room at a decent price and a hard working staff, I'd say give them a try. Believe me, they're as ready for the renovations to be over as anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Barbara B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Edmond, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear We Did Return,

I enjoyed reading your review, I found it to be very fair. I do apologize for the renovations that are still going on. As you stated we all would be very happy when it's finished. Thank you for recognizing the staff and how hard they work to give all our guest the best stay possible. On behalf
of all of us here, THANK YOU!!
Barbara Broekemeier G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Valparaiso, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Just returned from a four night stay at this Holiday Inn Express. I wish we were informed about the on going renovation prior to the day before our arrival. We would not have stayed here. There is extensive renovation going on that is not suppose to end for at least a month. The hallways and stairwells have a large amount of construction materials just laying around. Very dangerous for anyone, especially the elderly or visually impaired. Also, even though the website for this hotel boost "Best Price Guarantee" or first night free, that is not true. Our reservation was booked by a family member who is a Rewards Member and yet he paid more for our room then I found on other sites for the same time period. You may want to reconsider before you book at this Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Barbara B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Edmond, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear JANU,
I apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience while visiting our hotel. I thank you for expressing your concerns with me prior to you checking out.
i did enjoy our conversation and I took your words to heart, they have helped me to make improvements. Once again thank you and take care.

Barbara Broekemeier . G.M.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Although the was hotel is under renovation it was a very nice hotel and the staff provided awesome customer service! They were very nice and friendly! The hotel is close to the highway and several places shop and eat out. This will be the hotel we stay with when we are in town!

• Stayed February 2014
Barbara B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Edmond, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear jharper30,

I would like to thank you for such a wonderful review, I shared it with the staff and it brightened their day!!! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay . We look forward to your return visit. If their is anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Barbara Broekemeier G.M.
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I had to make reservations in Edmond on a 24-hour notice due to a family member passing away. It was our first time in this hotel, so I hoped it would be a good "base of operations" for the week that was to come. Everything went very well there. The check-in was quick and easy. Our room was a two-room suite on the third floor. It seemed a bit dated, but I was told it would be renovated soon. The bathroom was a bit small, but very clean. It too showed a bit of age, but everything worked just fine with no problems at all. Breakfasts were fine. The variety of items offered was slim, but it was all good. Housekeeping was especially good. If I had a hotel, I would hire that staff for sure. We never had a problem with the internet, which came in handy under our circumstances. And only on one night did we hear any noise from another room, and that was less than most hotels of this size I have stayed in. The staff was always great (we saw them all) with the exception of one person who seemed like could use a little more training in how to be a "people" person. Overall we were very pleased with our somewhat extended stay, and we have already made reservations to return on our next trip to Oklahoma. It will be interesting to see how the renovations have changed the place but in the meantime, I can still recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Barbara B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Edmond, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear , We Will Return,
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. My condolences on the passing of your family member. I would love for you to return to see how the new remodel turns out. It will be beautiful!!!

Thank you! Barbara Broekemeier G.M.
Guymon, OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Because my son is a college student nearby I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past six months. Both times the back parking lot had no lights! There were no other parking spaces when we got there so we had to park and unload in the dark. I reported this to the front desk numerous times and they were unconcerned. The second time we stayed there the outside doors at the ends of the hotel were not locked as locks were not working! Anyone could have walked in at any time! No offer of any explanation for these problems nor any restitution on our bill!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Edmond, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear LJBGuymon_OK,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Shelbyville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed 1night and the girl at check in was wonderful. Gave me king for queen price and great room. Unfortunately, same girl was not on duty a week later. Rude Tonya wanted to know if I had a reservation when I asked if there was a room available..if I had a reservation would I be asking for a room? I told her girl the previous week gave me king for queen price, she said "WHY DID SHE DO THAT"? I said I don't know, told her I wanted one in front as I was traveling alone. She said all queen rooms were in back. I asked about king as I knew they were in front, she said housekeeping was running behind and it would be at least another hour. Told her I had been driving for 7 hrs and wasn't going to wait an hour, I would go somewhere else. Will never stay there again if coming thru Edmond. By the way, went right next door to Fairfield Inn & Suites and got a great girl at desk and very nice room for $2.00 more.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Edmond, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear T C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We apologize for the incident you described, it is not a common occurrence at our hotel. We regret we were unable to offer you a similar room the second time. We will be addressing the matter with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Federal Way
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was a clean and comfortable hotel. The hotel is currently being refurbished. The main entrance was being replaced during my stay. However there were plenty of signs directing guests to the temporary entrance.
The staff was very friendly and caring. Every member would go out of their way to be helpful to the guests.

The only shortcoming of this location, was the lack of wall outlets.

I hope the renovation includes power outlets on the night stands and at the desk.

I have several electronic devices that require outlets. I had to use the bath outlets during my stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Edmond? Share your experiences!