“Bella Italia” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
oklahoma
“Bella Italia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

What a great and fun spot in historic downtown Edmond! The food was delightful -- I ate there twice in two days. For lunch -- roasted red pepper soup which was superb and a meatball sandwich. Don't know what possessed me to order it -- never ordered one before in my life -- but I'm hooked. Homemade meatballs with just enough marinara to flavor but not be too messy -- very good. My husband and I had pizza there the next night -- also very good. And owner Chris McGahan chatted with us. One thing that impressed me is their use of the finest cheese on their pizza. First off, it's from Wisconsin so that's a great start; then he explained that many commercial cheeses use manufacturing grade milk rather than Grade A and add ingredients for flavor and preservation that fine cheeses don't. I came home and did some research and, though it may be a small thing, it's indicative of the level of care that Italian Jim's puts into its food. The service was excellent -- Natalie was our server both times and she was not only informative and professional -- she's beautiful. The decor is casual but classy. Tuscan red walls are pierced with niches holding original glass work. And that's the other cool thing about this restaurant -- it has its own glass blowing studio and when there's work going on there, you can watch the process. Though this activity may take place at other times, Friday and Saturday evenings are regular glass blowing sessions. So you have a nice evening's entertainment! No alcohol is served here, so if you must have a Chianti with your pasta, go elsewhere. For everyone else -- this is a great choice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chickasha
“Unique”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went there on a Friday night to celebrate a birthday. We, as everyone else, were told 5-10 minute wait. Turned out to be 20-30. The glass blowing hadn't yet started so we couldn't watch that while we waited. One employee was mopping up water in the hallway leading to the bathrooms. They call their Caesar salad Roman. It was average and a bit pricey. The server said she'd bring hot bread right out-didn't happen. When we did get it it was great. I had the shrimp pesto pasta and my wife had the the Italian sausage. Both were very good and the portions ample. Was surprised their was no alcohol. The food and the price are good enough to warrant another visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A Surprisingly Great Place to Study”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I went here. She had the chicken parmesan sandwich which she said was wonderful. It was too much for her to eat so she took some home. I had the shrimp pesto pasta and it was amazing. Very flavorful but I do wish there was a bit more shrimp. We had the apple tart for dessert. It was fantastic and I would definitely reccomend it, it was probably my favorite part of the meal. We stayed about 2 and a half hours. The server was great and even told us about the free wifi they have. The glass blowing is also really neat and I love that all of the artwork is from local artists.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great Italian dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stumbled upon this delightful restaurant while we were strolling the streets of downtown Edmond, what a hidden gem. The ambience is outstanding, the service from the moment you enter the doors is that of a five star restaurant. Attention to the beautiful blown glass art is breathtaking, the owners own creations, are displayed throughout or onnthe weekends you can hang around in the front and watch him craft a one of a kind piece. Back to the food, absolutely delicious and reasonable. We loved every thing about this restaurant, it has now brome our "go to" Italian restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmond
“Interesting place, don't understand the wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've eaten here a few times over the last year or so, and inevitably, there is a long wait. The glass blowing is entertaining, but at some point, you want to eat - then when you walk back into the restaurant area, only about half the tables are full - so why are we waiting? Food is reasonably priced, service was so so - not very enthusiatic. Not sure when we will go back.

Visited January 2013