“You need to make it clear that this is NOT the grand casino hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durant
Magnuson Hotel
You added Magnuson Hotel to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4617 South 9th Street, Durant, OK 74701 (Formerly Choctaw Lodge)   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Durant
North Little Rock, Arkansas
“You need to make it clear that this is NOT the grand casino hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I made my reservation 3 months ago on the casino website. I have never been here before, and did not know that you had this old hotel down the road. I was under the impression I was staying at the new hotel. Your website did not make that clear to me. I parked in the garage and checked in at the big hotel before I was told that I was not staying in it. I got a shuttle to the OLD hotel (and it is OLD), then walked back to the parking garage in 100 degree heat to get my car because I felt bad for not having any singles to tip the shuttle driver, and the front desk couldn't break a $20. I would have paid more had I known there was a difference. I am sitting looking out my window at the hotel I could have stayed in, and I'm so pissed about it that I can't sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I am sorry this was your experience, we have did set up a separate website we did label our booking engine to try and stop this happening.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was my birthday weekend and we booked the room spur of the moment and we were not disappointed! They were booked at the casino so we decided to book a room for 2 days close to the casino. My husband is in the military and they gave him a great discount and a very nice, spacious room! When we walked in, we immediately smelled the cleanliness. The beds were nicely made and neat. We had a window view and we were pleasantly pleased. The first day, room service knocked on our door and asked if we needed anything (we did need clean towels) and they accomodated us. They even let us have a late checkout! We will return to this hotel in the future. My birthday weekend was a success, I am/was a happy camper! Thanks Tripadvisor!

Room Tip: The mirror in our room was fun but a little bit distracting. Overall, we enjoyed the room and our st...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are always glad to honor our brave service men and women both active and retired, it’s our way of saying thank you for keeping us safe. We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Lodge and we look forward to seeing you come back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Great clean rooms and a huge pool w slide even for adults to enjoy. Casino isn't too smoky, restaurants feature great food and live music. Only way it could be better is to have an in room Jacuzzi tub!

• Stayed June 2013
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Can I get a hot tub!?! thank you for the review it made us all smile and actually one room at the Lodge does has a Jacuzzi :) We are excited you had a good stay and we all work hard to receive reviews like yours, thank you and see you soon we hope.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

It was great to have enough light to read in bed. Loved the mirror headboard.
Breakfast was good and enough sitting room.
Andy was very helpful at check in.
Walking distance to casino, but shuttle was always on time.

Room Tip: We did not use the Pool .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for coming to stay with us on your Vacation, we too like the light above the beds and we love the breakfast, this coming month we will be going back to our winter breakfast with bacon. Thank you for telling us how helpful Andy was and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge soon.
Pleasanton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Positives first: Room is nice for a gambling trip. Very clean with updated amenities.
Bathroom Nice lighting soft towels. Low water pressure but good enough.
Three Negatives that would keep me from staying here again:
The first one cannot be fixed by motel so I do not blame them. TRAIN WHISTLE guaranteed to wake you up a minimum of two times per night.
Second item the night desk clerk is very friendly which is fine but if you happen to be staying on first floor near the desk this is what you hear loudly all hours of the night: “DID YOU ENJOY YOUR NIGHT DID YOU HAVE FUN"
Third item not too bad but needs improvement: They have a shuttle service that is fast to arrive when called at the motel. At the casino you will have to wait a little longer.
So if you must stay here get a room on the upper floors and on the west side of motel. That end of motel would be the farthest from train noises.

Room Tip: No romantic views. Pool is at main hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, we glad that you came and stayed with us and enjoyed the Lodge.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was able to get a good rate at the lodge by booking about 3 weeks in advance.
Arrived around noon however room was not ready but I was able to get my arm band for the pool at the resort even though I was not able to check in
I was able to choose my floor at check in and was given a room at the end of the hall by the door so was very easily able to carry my items to the 2nd floor
Staff was excellent and manager took the time to explain the reservation system with me

Shuttles to the casino and back were always fast and reliable and the slots were great to me as well

Breakfast was a plus as well as complementary ice tea and coffee during the day
Where else can you go and pretty much stay for almost nothing

The only minor thing is it seemed like the shampoo, soup etc has changed in quality and there seemed to be less of it (ie no lotion for the dry hot weather) other than that it was perefect

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review, we are happy that you came back for another great stay. We are also very glad that you found the sweet tea; we placed that in the Lodge as we had guests asking for something different in the afternoons. Thank you for your review and we will see you soon I hope.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room..smallest I've ever stayed in. 12x12 tops with a queen bed taking up 75% of it.
No in room safe, no fridge or microwave. Tough to differentiate on choctaws website whether its the inn or lodges offerings.
Breakfast 6am till 10 am. Yup. Heard it was good.
Lint all over the mirror which was one walls decor.
Most misleading..The den..you can't get a drink there cause its not open! They don't staff it and its only used when rented out!
Although just a short walk to the casino this place is not worth $95 a night.
The good part is that 80% of the time your eyes are closed when your in the room anyway.

• Stayed July 2013
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you felt the room was too small and that breakfast started and finished too early for you.

Been to Magnuson Hotel? Share your experiences!