“Choctaw Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Durant
San Antonio, Texas
“Choctaw Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've stayed in this motel under 3 different owners in the past 4 years. It was ok under the first two. Since it has become the Choctaw Lodge it has undergone a pleasant upgrade. I like the new remodel much better than the old chain style. Feels more homey. They do what they say they will as far as being there to help out if you need anything. Amanda, the lady that takes care of my room, is always there when I need anything. Couple extra towels, help me carry up a few groceries from the store. I am staying 10 days and have some diet requirements so do bring food in to zap in the micro and keep veggies and fruit in the fridge. Kyle is always around to lend a hand as well. I plan to stay here whenever I am up this way and definitely recommend it to anyone. The motel is also pet friendly which is a bonus.

Room Tip: Call ahead to reserve a room and if you have any difficulty with climbing stairs be sure to ask for...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you, this is a great review and makes the whole team feel proud of the service they give. Amanda was very excited to receive this review and I know Kyle works very hard not only to manage the Lodge but provide personal service to all of our guests. See you next year for the WSOP if not sooner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Lonnie and Melinda were awesome!! So nice to be welcomed and appreciated!! What a staff!!Great value! Every Hotel needs a Melinda and Lonnie!! Congrat's! Very clean great Breakfast! What a gReat Hotel!! Very underated!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding review of the Lodge and team. They were very excited to see themselves receiving a name shout out and even happier to see that their hard work is noticed. We also think every hotel should have associates like them! I and the whole team all look forward to seeing you return to us soon.
Roanoke, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This motel was a good value if you plan to spend most of your time at the casino. It has clean, necly appointed rooms and a friendly staff. My only complaint is that the walls are paper thin. I could hear conversations from rooms as I was walking down the hall. When the people in the room next to us got back at 1:00 a.m. I was awakened as they were putting things away. It sounded like doors and drawers slamming and I could hear them talking almost as if they were in the room with us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed the friendly team and the clean, well appointed rooms. We have worked hard during the refurbishment of the Lodge to make the whole experience the best that we can. We do look forward to welcoming you come back to the Lodge again. Thank you
Lindale, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Big shout out to James Hoag, manager of Choctaw Lodge, and James Dry, who I think is the head of guest services, at the Choctaw Casino south of Durant Oklahoma. We stayed at the Lodge New Years Eve and the facility and hospitality were excellent. I think the Lodge used to be an old Microtel but the Choctaw Tribe bought it and completely remodeled and refurbished it. Staff bent over backwards to help with any of your needs. Beds were very comfortable and the rooms with two queens were very spacious. If you wanted to visit the casino front desk called a shuttle and you were there in no more than 5 to 10 minutes. Everything about the stay was excellent. We were disappointed that we waited too late to make reservations to stay at the Casino Hotel but the stay at the Lodge erased the disappointment. Going back to see Reba and stay there again in the near future!

Room Tip: Choose a double. They have Queen beds. The old Microtel floorplans had very small single rooms. Did...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review and big shout out, we love to read reviews like this as the whole team work really hard to make every ones stay special. It looks like we succeeded in your case. I am also see that we have made you a Lodge convert, we love it too, see you soon for Reba.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel is nice and clean. Newly remodeled and comfortable beds with great pillows! Staff very accommodating when encountered issues. Great breakfast! Shuttle to casino, but within walking distance if nice weather.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad you liked the refurbishment and the new bedding. The whole team thinks it makes a big difference to our guests stay as does a good hot breakfast. On behalf of the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the Choctaw Lodge very soon.
CHICAGO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place has been newly re modeled (earlier brand was Microtel) and everything looks brand new. Very descent price compared to main casino tower hotel. It has all needed ammenities, new beds , flat screen tv, and walking distance from casino. They have a very good breakfast.
I highly recommend this hotel , and if I go again to Durant casino, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your review, we are very happy to see that you like the refurbished Lodge, every likes the new beds and bedding as do we. We are happy to tell you all of the rooms are now finished as well as all of the public areas. I hope that you do come back to us soon and I wish you an excellent and lucky 2013.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I arrived way to early and the renovated rooms were not yet available so I gladly accepted the room available. The beds, pillows, bed and bath linens were very nice. Housekeeping helped us switch rooms upon entering and noticing the tv didn't have the ports needed for xbox 360. Cappucino, coffee, orange and apple juice were available all day. The breakfast was excellent!! I was aware of a shuttle service to Casino but I preferred the walk, it was very near and very safe. I had no second thoughts to 1 am and 4 am alone walks to and from Casino. Very nice and even at that the renovation is going to improve. Choctaw standard of excellence, once again. We were there for the Pow Wow, and highly recommend next years if you missed the 8th annual. Very cool. It was at the Choctaw Event Center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, I am so glad that you had a good stay and that the team looked after you so well, we are all looking forward to getting the new rooms back and providing an even higher level of comfort. Thank you for commenting on the short walk to the casino, I love to walk and that short walk is great to stretch your legs. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you come back very soon.

Been to Magnuson Hotel? Share your experiences!