“Good Value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durant
Magnuson Hotel
You added Magnuson Hotel to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4617 South 9th Street, Durant, OK 74701 (Formerly Choctaw Lodge)   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Roanoke, Texas
“Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This motel was a good value if you plan to spend most of your time at the casino. It has clean, necly appointed rooms and a friendly staff. My only complaint is that the walls are paper thin. I could hear conversations from rooms as I was walking down the hall. When the people in the room next to us got back at 1:00 a.m. I was awakened as they were putting things away. It sounded like doors and drawers slamming and I could hear them talking almost as if they were in the room with us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed the friendly team and the clean, well appointed rooms. We have worked hard during the refurbishment of the Lodge to make the whole experience the best that we can. We do look forward to welcoming you come back to the Lodge again. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lindale, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Big shout out to James Hoag, manager of Choctaw Lodge, and James Dry, who I think is the head of guest services, at the Choctaw Casino south of Durant Oklahoma. We stayed at the Lodge New Years Eve and the facility and hospitality were excellent. I think the Lodge used to be an old Microtel but the Choctaw Tribe bought it and completely remodeled and refurbished it. Staff bent over backwards to help with any of your needs. Beds were very comfortable and the rooms with two queens were very spacious. If you wanted to visit the casino front desk called a shuttle and you were there in no more than 5 to 10 minutes. Everything about the stay was excellent. We were disappointed that we waited too late to make reservations to stay at the Casino Hotel but the stay at the Lodge erased the disappointment. Going back to see Reba and stay there again in the near future!

Room Tip: Choose a double. They have Queen beds. The old Microtel floorplans had very small single rooms. Did...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review and big shout out, we love to read reviews like this as the whole team work really hard to make every ones stay special. It looks like we succeeded in your case. I am also see that we have made you a Lodge convert, we love it too, see you soon for Reba.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel is nice and clean. Newly remodeled and comfortable beds with great pillows! Staff very accommodating when encountered issues. Great breakfast! Shuttle to casino, but within walking distance if nice weather.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad you liked the refurbishment and the new bedding. The whole team thinks it makes a big difference to our guests stay as does a good hot breakfast. On behalf of the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the Choctaw Lodge very soon.
CHICAGO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place has been newly re modeled (earlier brand was Microtel) and everything looks brand new. Very descent price compared to main casino tower hotel. It has all needed ammenities, new beds , flat screen tv, and walking distance from casino. They have a very good breakfast.
I highly recommend this hotel , and if I go again to Durant casino, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your review, we are very happy to see that you like the refurbished Lodge, every likes the new beds and bedding as do we. We are happy to tell you all of the rooms are now finished as well as all of the public areas. I hope that you do come back to us soon and I wish you an excellent and lucky 2013.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I arrived way to early and the renovated rooms were not yet available so I gladly accepted the room available. The beds, pillows, bed and bath linens were very nice. Housekeeping helped us switch rooms upon entering and noticing the tv didn't have the ports needed for xbox 360. Cappucino, coffee, orange and apple juice were available all day. The breakfast was excellent!! I was aware of a shuttle service to Casino but I preferred the walk, it was very near and very safe. I had no second thoughts to 1 am and 4 am alone walks to and from Casino. Very nice and even at that the renovation is going to improve. Choctaw standard of excellence, once again. We were there for the Pow Wow, and highly recommend next years if you missed the 8th annual. Very cool. It was at the Choctaw Event Center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, I am so glad that you had a good stay and that the team looked after you so well, we are all looking forward to getting the new rooms back and providing an even higher level of comfort. Thank you for commenting on the short walk to the casino, I love to walk and that short walk is great to stretch your legs. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you come back very soon.
Anadarko, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We came to Durant for the Choctaw Casino Powwow. We are always on a budget and usually stay somewhere cheap. We don't expect much. Hope for a clean room with no bed bugs. A double bed room at this hotel for 4 people for 2 nights was around $150. A bargain! According to the note in our room the lodge has been newly remodeled. The room was absolutely beautiful. It reminded me of a Holiday Inn I stayed at in Tulsa. The beds are so comfortable. My dad said he wished he could find a way to put it in the car! Loved all the pillows on the beds. And the window seat is so comfortable. The breakfast is pretty dang good with scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, muffins, bagels, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit and pastries.. We were in and out of the room all day and the hot coffee and hot chocolate available all day was a definite plus. At the powwow, we tried to tell everyone that we could what a great place this is to stay and what a wonderful value. Unfortunately for most of our friends, they had already booked and paid for their rooms at other establishments. Too bad! We don't gamble, so the Choctaw Casino Resort didn't hold any appeal. This place is great and we look forward to staying here again next year when we come to the powwow.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your review, yes we have remodeled the rooms and I am glad that you like them. The team and I are very excited about the improvements and now we are working on making the Lobby look great for Christmas. We are proud of our breakfast and we are glad you enjoyed it and the coffee is excellent (we are coffee drinkers too) Thank you and see you soon, James
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at Choctaw Lodge and was pleasantly surprised at the new look. The lobby area is inviting and very comfortable. The hotel overall is kept clean and tidy. The breakfast was a hot with multiple choices. The hotel is just across the parking lot from the casino and they offer a shuttle ride free 24/7. The best part was the comfortable pillow top mattress and the "Down" feel of all of the pillows. After a long night of playing the slots, I went back to the hotel and within minutes was fast asleep. The price was very reasonable.....Great Experience!!! Another amazing Choctaw facility!!

Room Tip: Rooms very quiet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your review, I am glad we surprised you in a good way. We are working very hard to make this a great hotel and the team are very focused on making it the cleanest hotel they can. I am glad to see you enjoyed the new “Down” pillows and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge very soon. Thank you

Been to Magnuson Hotel? Share your experiences!